**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Answer the Captain’s Call. Take on Captain Marvel’s Combat Clash!

Comments

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Now, let me reiterate one more time, Summoners. This is not easy! Many will attempt, and most will fail! Don’t come complaining when you hit a brick wall! Ask your fellow Summoners for tips and tricks!

Why would you guys want most people to fail!? 😭😭

Is this like the Maze only with better rewards?

It's like the Champion Clash. The easier level is a Chloe/Bautista style quest. The Champion Clash was the 1st one with an epic difficulty where you had to do it all in one go.

Thanks. I just heard there's IMIW with the Brawl node. Not excited about that one.

@xNig Can you confirm this?

Sounds like it's only in Chapter 1. Chapter 2 has Aspect of War. That's a no for me, dawg.

I feel you, B. Though, having some power control sounds like it will help.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Now, let me reiterate one more time, Summoners. This is not easy! Many will attempt, and most will fail! Don’t come complaining when you hit a brick wall! Ask your fellow Summoners for tips and tricks!

It's like the Champion Clash. The easier level is a Chloe/Bautista style quest. The Champion Clash was the 1st one with an epic difficulty where you had to do it all in one go.

Thanks. I just heard there's IMIW with the Brawl node. Not excited about that one.

@xNig Can you confirm this?

Sounds like it's only in Chapter 1. Chapter 2 has Aspect of War. That's a no for me, dawg.

Didn’t need the extra rewards anyways lol.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Now that I have a Corvus, I might be able to finish this quest!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Awesome. Aspect of war and brawl everywhere. This is so much fun....
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Inb4People say its to hard and call this even a money grab
  • Jason291134Jason291134 Posts: 11
    edited February 2019
    I’m on the 3rd tile of chapter 1 trying to teleport from path 2 to path 3 but there is no teleport button. I put in a ticket but figured I’d post in on here also.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    so i have no burst champs so clearly this quest aint for me
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

While this being absolutely true, there was a bug with the Bautista quest wherein the portals didn’t work and you had to do the entire challenge in 1 go.
    The bautista challenge however was nothing compared to the difficulty of the epic level of the champion’s clash.

With regards to this challenge: fun, challenging, :) but also dreading that imiw (all noded up off cuz).

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Oh that's right. Forgot about that bug @Epistriatus.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Thx for the reward it cost me few revies. But no unit all in stash and thx for make rona good one for one of the figth
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    2quote="ThatGrootGroot;c-733534"]

Why? What's the point? You've added nothing productive to the conversation.

Because its gonna happen

Again, what's the point in you posting something with zero actual value just "because it's gonna happen"? Maybe try adding something constructive, like "hey guys, before you call it a cash grab, see if there are any good tips you can use to tackle the harder content."

Because im just gona use my r5’s champs.

There are nodes people hate,like aspect of war and brawl

So heres my tip, dont get hit from it.

Again you see alot of post people will automatically call it a cash grab or its too hard rather than look for help,

There a already a post of someone complaining about map2 being to hard.

That's still not a reason for your original post. You added no value and were just posting for the sake of being rude. I've seen your posts on Reddit and YouTube, and that seems like your MO. I guess you're owning it.

"right, just wait till we see another post like this for the last challenge, ill be doing the challenge but feel free to ask questions but i will also be using my "op" or omg hes just using r5's champs.
    but we seen post like this.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/109667/kabam-youve-gone-too-far-the-champions-clash/p1[/quote]"

Everyone knows you have r5 champs. No one cares. Again, your post was pointless and helpful to no one.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    2quote="ThatGrootGroot;c-733534"]

Because its gonna happen

Again, what's the point in you posting something with zero actual value just "because it's gonna happen"? Maybe try adding something constructive, like "hey guys, before you call it a cash grab, see if there are any good tips you can use to tackle the harder content."

Because im just gona use my r5’s champs.

There are nodes people hate,like aspect of war and brawl

So heres my tip, dont get hit from it.

Again you see alot of post people will automatically call it a cash grab or its too hard rather than look for help,

There a already a post of someone complaining about map2 being to hard.

That's still not a reason for your original post. You added no value and were just posting for the sake of being rude. I've seen your posts on Reddit and YouTube, and that seems like your MO. I guess you're owning it.

right, just wait till we see another post like this for the last challenge, ill be doing the challenge but feel free to ask questions but i will also be using my "op" or omg hes just using r5's champs.
    but we seen post like this.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/109667/kabam-youve-gone-too-far-the-champions-clash/p1

I'm not saying the posts won't happen with people complaining. I'm saying YOU aren't helping by providing your original post or bragging about your roster. No...one...cares.[/quote]

how am i bragging about my roster?
    its obvious im gonna use my best champs for this.
    i didnt ask if anyone cared, obviously you cared enough to comment back.

i know people struggle and i know content was hard, i been there, done that, and was even told and mocked i wasnt good enough to do map 5. but you prob dont care.

my comment was not targeting anyone but i simply posted my thoughts of whats gona happen, i played it and yes, the nodes are bs, even for me, hencwhy i made the comment. but it is what it is, and content like this is ment to be hard and even have bs nodes.

you know what i did? i read the nodes, go to streamers and did my homework, they all died, but thats what expected in these kinds of challenges.

i made my peace with people saying stuff is to hard along time ago, not sure if u even seen it, but here

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/106992/remember-not-all-content-is-made-to-be-finish-part-2#latest

We seen all kinds of evil this game brings out to people, believe that and watch this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=8mocMYwmRoI
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    I have a question if you can't do one path in chapter 2 and jump to boss how do you get just completion rewards 🤔

9e1quocm1lys.png
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    I forgot, are the rewards the same as champion's clash?
    edited February 2019
    I just want to know what's the point of completion if you can't get those rewards without exploring. Why not add everything into exploration rewards. Also why is this the only EQ like this.

This was not always the case with the events only the previous and this one.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Pointing out someone has added nothing productive to a conversation and nothing else adds nothing productive to the conversation.

Honestly, there's a quantum difference between someone actually trying the content first, and then asking for help to complete it second. That's entirely reasonable, and should even be encouraged. But there's been a significant amount of "Kabam's gone too far" and "content is obvious cash grab" posts that are essentially the exact opposite. I was actually one of the first, if not the first, to begin pointing out that people were complaining about content being too difficult and obvious cash grabs sometimes literally minutes after the content was released and before any significant discussion about the content materialized *and* that virtually all problematic aspects of the content being complained about eventually had whole threads with nothing but suggestions on dealing with the content within days of release.

Even by my standards, which are far wider than average, it is an annoying trend that would be productive to curtail.

Finding a way to curtail people from complaining that the content is too hard before they attempt it would be a feat worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Manup456 wrote: »
    I just want to know what's the point of completion if you can't get those rewards without exploring. Why not add everything into exploration rewards. Also why is this the only EQ like this.

This was not always the case with the events only the previous and this one.

It is not the only one champion clash was also like this. But fairly new design to make it more difficult.
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    My roster is great and I have no issues with difficult content, but brawl and aspect of war are two of the worst designed nodes ever by Kabam. They are designed to get you to spend items. Normally, I'd use my Cap IW but he doesn't work against passive unstoppable. There's no real counter for it and it's terrible.

Yea i see that! same for me. i think i will be much better at these nodes by the time its over. lol hopefully anyway
    I forgot, are the rewards the same as champion's clash?

I forget also but i think they are significantly better. I don't remember a full t2A and that many if any T5B Shards
    @darthhass I know I mentioned that as well, it started last EQ like this, but these events before didn't work that way. So why have completion rewards?
    Manup456 wrote: »
    @darthhass I know I mentioned that as well, it started last EQ like this, but these events before didn't work that way. So why have completion rewards?

Very true! who knows im guessing it has to do with programming and easier to just let you get both rewards rather than change the system. Thats all speculation though as i have no clue how hard it would be to change.
    Besides this and the last, no event or quest in the history of this game didn't let you get completion without having to do exploration not even LOL, ROL, Variant etc...
    Ive made a couple runs at it so far and havent gotten through the first set of 5 fights clean yet. These nodes will deff take some getting used to. I didnt do that bad on IMIW but rogue is going to be a little tougher i think
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Pointing out someone has added nothing productive to a conversation and nothing else adds nothing productive to the conversation.

Honestly, there's a quantum difference between someone actually trying the content first, and then asking for help to complete it second. That's entirely reasonable, and should even be encouraged. But there's been a significant amount of "Kabam's gone too far" and "content is obvious cash grab" posts that are essentially the exact opposite. I was actually one of the first, if not the first, to begin pointing out that people were complaining about content being too difficult and obvious cash grabs sometimes literally minutes after the content was released and before any significant discussion about the content materialized *and* that virtually all problematic aspects of the content being complained about eventually had whole threads with nothing but suggestions on dealing with the content within days of release.

Even by my standards, which are far wider than average, it is an annoying trend that would be productive to curtail.

I don't doubt that people complain incessantly here. I've played the game for years, but I'm new to the forum. I just don't don't understand what the "inB4" commenter was hoping to get out of the post. It's not going to stop people from complaining about difficult content, so what's the point? Also, I did tell him that it would be more productive to say something more constructive.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Cool surprise event!
  • Much like The Champion's Clash, this quest will have an Epic Difficulty. This difficulty will boast stronger opponents and more difficult fights, and requires Summoners to play through the entire lineup of fighters on the map to attempt the final boss. This means Summoners will have to heavily prepare and pick the right team for this test of skill and endurance.

Is there no number to tell us how strong our team should be? Sorry; I’m still kinda new to the game even though I’m lv.40 lol.