**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To go for Blade... or not to go for Blade...

Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
So guys. I currently have just a little over 50000 five star shards, and im debating whether or not I should try my luck with the Dhampir Crystal coming up... i can also most likely earn a good 20000+ more shards before the crystal goes away.

I have a 5/65 Sparky and a 4/55 Ghost Rider... trinity yay...(if i get Blade lol). I also have a 5/65 AA, a 4/55 Hulk, and a 4/55 Drax (FML, my first r4 and I was trigger happy back in the day). I've completed most content in the game (aside from variant and 100% LoL) so im just thinking do i REALLY NEED Blade?? I took a few months off the game and all i hear is "silent nerf this, anti blade that" and I would like some solid input for the position I'm in.

A little more information... i currently have 5 awakening gems... 1 cosmic, 1 mutant, 1 skill, and 2 science. So i have tons of options for future pulls. My only limitations at this point is the lack of t2a.

Im debating using my skill gem on him, or i can open as many crystals as possible and hope for the dupe. I would then hold onto that gem for Aegon.

If you guys would like any more information on my side please ask away. Just a guy here for some solid input. Thanks

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Go for Blade, get the trinity.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Think of the worst possible scenario if you go for it: You spend 15k shards and you pull someone that cannot help you progress in the game. Can you live with that thought? If yes, go for Blade. If not, do not.
  • QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    I highly doubt he will be all that useful in future content personally. If you've done most of the content in the game then I wouldn't go for his feature. He can be useful for LOL 100% so if you think you'll need him for that/have any desire to 100% it then perhaps he's worth a shot but otherwise I'd give it a miss.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Makes sense for you to go for him.
    But keep in mind you could also end up with pulls similar to mine last blade day:
    Falcon x2
    YJ x2
    Miles morales
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Makes sense for you to go for him.
    But keep in mind you could also end up with pulls similar to mine last blade day:
    Falcon x2
    YJ x2
    Miles morales

Ouch.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Idk. He's kinda overrated but since you almost have the trinity you should go for him.
  • Idk. He's kinda overrated but since you almost have the trinity you should go for him.

I’ve seen a lot of this kind of response to this question.

I’m in dire need of a good skill champ. If I shouldn’t be hoping for Blade then who?

Who are the top Skill champs that would be useful for class based quests like Variant and possibly Act 6?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Killmonger is my favorite skill champ
  • Mm9091Mm9091 Posts: 10
    edited February 2019
    When does the Dhampire crystal drop? Is it worth going for him as a five star if I already have him maxed out as a four star?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Idk. He's kinda overrated but since you almost have the trinity you should go for him.

Idk what you’re smoking but blade is still the top rated skill champ in the game. “Top rated” not “overrated”. How is increased damage output and decrease defenders abilities overrated? On top of his regen which is top 3 in the game. It’s facts not overrated. Perfectly rated for where and what he does in the game.

Op, definitely go for him. It’ll help your lol and variant work you need to do. If you get him once, just use the gem. It’s not worth the risk of shards towards his dupe.

There is only three skill champs worth the class gem. And the third is debatable. And the first two are worth generics.

1)Aegon
    2)Blade
    3) killmonger
  • Sneaky_GremlinSneaky_Gremlin Posts: 9
    edited February 2019
    Mm9091 wrote: »
    When does the Dhampire crystal drop? Is it worth going for him as a five star if I already have him maxed out as a four star?

I'm in a similar situation. I have him unduped as a r3 5* and sig99 4* 5/50. Trying to decide if it's worth going for in the hopes of a dupe. I haven't done much beyond getting uncollected so he'd definitely be useful for the remainder of act 5 I'm sure.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    Yes go for it
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I say go for it. Don’t listen to all these people saying Blade is being nerfed. While there may not be as many villains being released lately, Blade is still incredibly useful to have. They’re never going to stop making villains or mystic champs. He may be a little more niche lately, but for what he is, he’s still amazing. In fact just this month I used Blade to take a biohazard path (I think it was in 2.1). There were mostly villains on that path and he just shut down biohazard.

tl;dr Blade makes life much easier.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I say go for it. Don’t listen to all these people saying Blade is being nerfed. While there may not be as many villains being released lately, Blade is still incredibly useful to have. They’re never going to stop making villains or mystic champs. He may be a little more niche lately, but for what he is, he’s still amazing. In fact just this month I used Blade to take a biohazard path (I think it was in 2.1). There were mostly villains on that path and he just shut down biohazard.

tl;dr Blade makes life much easier.

until they nerf him
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    With your resources and ability to complete content, I would go for Blade. You are capable of getting more shards at will, with that roster.

People can say what they want, but Danger Sense is still amazing. He might not be as dominant as he was, but let's be honest: If you have him and can awaken him and need him, who is better?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    A duped blade will be your workhorse for so many situations. Even without danger sense, his controllable strong regen is one of the best in the game.

Use that sparky for mutants and bleed immunes as needed, and ghost rider for... stuff, power control or fate seal, etc. and you are set.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Blade is a future proof champ, just like someone mentioned earlier, there will always be future villain or mystic champs (maybe not dimensional beings) coming to the game, that's why holy trinity is such a powerful trio in the first place. Other attributes such as armor break, shock, etc all have counters but the only way I see danger sense being countered is a champ (mystique maybe?) that can alter class and villain tags during a battle. I r5 mine over 5* ghost, ST, magik, iceman, aegon because of this key synergy.
  • YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    With the oversaturation of the force of will node I’m having doubts about going for blade TBH. I ideally would pull him from one crystal then go for feature and hope I get sparky. I pulled 8 features last cycle n got no blade
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I am in a similar situation. Have 52k shards so far and I got a 5/65 sparky, GR and Hyperion. Often I still use 4* blade for the synergy and attack but I really wish I have a 4/55 blade. I guess I will make my final decision when the crystal comes out.