**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doesnt block penetration work both ways?

Taking advice from @DNA3000 I tried recording my fights.

Here are a couple of screen shots of Rogue blocking an L2 from my R4 5* Hype. I think she sees 4,004, 4,004 and 5,385 damage for the hits.

That’s a base damage of 1,200 for the first two hits, right? That seems low for Hype, right?jg4fgumgutq1.png
24zgu3d2u39a.png
lfzi6jg753b3.png

Comments

• MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Posting from mobile... I couldn’t get the pics in the right order. Sorry!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    You don't have any fury up so that could be right
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    It seems right, you have no furies, you wouldn't hitting very hard
  • MMCskippy wrote: »

Here are a couple of screen shots of Rogue blocking an L2 from my R4 5* Hype. I think she sees 4,004, 4,004 and 5,385 damage for the hits.

That’s a base damage of 1,200 for the first two hits, right?

That doesn't sound right. Unless I'm misinterpreting the information you're posting if your SP2 is hitting block for 4004, that means the actual incoming damage should be *higher* not lower, since block reduces damage. Using a rough figure of merit of 60% block percentage, that would mean that 4004 damage into block would be about 10,000 points of damage unblocked.

I feel like I'm overlooking something obvious, because those numbers seem too high to me.
  • ClynevaClyneva Posts: 75 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MMCskippy wrote: »

That doesn't sound right. Unless I'm misinterpreting the information you're posting if your SP2 is hitting block for 4004, that means the actual incoming damage should be *higher* not lower, since block reduces damage. Using a rough figure of merit of 60% block percentage, that would mean that 4004 damage into block would be about 10,000 points of damage unblocked.

I feel like I'm overlooking something obvious, because those numbers seem too high to me.

This is on the Invade node with 100% block penetration and +300% damage when hitting into a block.
  • Clyneva wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MMCskippy wrote: »

This is on the Invade node with 100% block penetration and +300% damage when hitting into a block.

Ah. If so, then +300% damage means 400% damage, and 4004 into block means 1001 raw damage, not 1200. I just tested my 3/45 5* Hyperion and the first two components of SP2 hit for 748 unblocked with no fury and no cosmic charges (and no crits and no armor break). That's actually roughly consistent with a 4/55 Hyperion hitting for in the neighborhood of 1000.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @DNA3000 , when are you starting a youtube channel?

You really have an ability to decipher Kabam's messy writing. I think I read things too literally.