**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Bots Are back

It felt good seeing the arena be at 18-24mil to get feature champ diablo/havok/mephisto but looks like their suspension is up. Now we won’t see anymore low arena scores until kabam goes through with a ban again.. felt like I was robbed this arena... back to never touching it again.

Could kabam look into this?

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Kabam should develop a means of detecting arena bots at least once a week. After every round of arena would be ideal, once a week could be enough to end arena bots for good. Players aren't the only ones screwed by arena bots, Kabam also gets screwed because arena bots are used on burner accounts to help cover AQ donations.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    I’m now again never doing arena again, it was fixed while the people were banned and it just makes no sense to why the influx coming in again and totally change.. the first round was the weekend as well.
    MabkaZuck wrote: »
    youtubers comment can increase cut off

This can be true, but there were youtuber comments from content creators program before the first round as well..

Kabam needs to monitor for these bots more frequently.. it’s hurting the game and pisses me off I spent all that time wasted..

After the next bot ban it will go back down, and kabam will do nothing to help the ppl who missed ranked rewards because of it once again
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited February 2019
    This is a good solution. Kabam posts in the forum reminding people not to bot, nor get benefits from bots (buying gold, bc, and loyalty donations, or getting gifts from bots).

Wait a couple weeks, get some data and BOOM. PERMANENTLY ban (or take away their top 3 champs forever) everyone who received help from "players" who mainly play arena, who gifted them items/boosts, and/or donate to alliances they don't even play in.

Thing is since some of these botters know coding, they should be aware that Kabam servers has all the data of who donated and how much. so very easy to find "non alliance members", aka bots who mainly play arena, and then donate to an alliance.
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    peasant wrote: »
    This is a good solution. Kabam posts in the forum reminding people not to bot, nor get benefits from bots (buying gold, bc, and loyalty donations, or getting gifts from bots).

Wait a couple weeks, get some data and BOOM. PERMANENTLY ban (or take away their top 3 champs forever) everyone who received help from "players" who mainly play arena, who gifted them items/boosts, and/or donate to alliances they don't even play in.

Why wait a few weeks the terms are very clear and public data.
    Perm ban all bots or players using bots for any service today and dont look back

Yes, this is best case scenario. Cheaters will continue cheating until the penalties are harsh enough to not only take away the cheated gains, but to make their account disappear.

Why wait a few weeks the terms are very clear and public data.
    Perm ban all bots or players using bots for any service today and dont look back

Yes, this is best case scenario. Cheaters will continue cheating until the penalties are harsh enough to not only take away the cheated gains, but to make their account disappear.

The warning time of a few weeks has existed since day 1. No need to co tune the delay delete the accts and device Id ban whatever devices they used permanently

Can't actually ban device properly. But the whole reason for bots is to help bot sellers make money, and for botters to help their main account. If the risk is much much higher when it comes to a cheater's main account, this bot business will fall on their face.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Well.. there are players who can legitimately grind 60-70m at least for a champ they really want. One of my ally mates used to do it consistently for every featured champ for almost a year and still earns BCs by doing so.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Kabam manually not automatically checks for bots. Hence why it was 20m and now it’s starting to creep back up once people figure they aren’t monitoring it anymore
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    I don’t care how many champs he had.....that would cost all his bc and 1-2 odins to put up that score.......or ur ally mate had a bot running on the low
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    A sudden rise doesn't mean bots are back.

Arena cutoffs are rather unpredictable. I spent several Odins of refresh to win Emma from arena in round 2, scoring ~80 mil. A score like that is perfectly possible without bots...ended up overshooting the round 2 cutoff by ~55 mil.

With regard to the latest cutoffs: arena bot bans went out during Thing arena. Since then, we've had Diablo (general consensus: a garbage champ). 20 mil for Havoc round 1 is a pretty unusual score, 40 mil for round 2 isn't really a high cutoff either, doable even without refreshes for a large roster.

Sucks that you missed out, but featured grinds really aren't reasonable for the average player and requires an extremely high amount of commitment and resources.
  • DevillishDevillish Posts: 8
    Feature 5* arena always need real grinders, time & unit to recharge if that champion is good, no bot can grind that high, even if you run it non stop
  • MastiffmanMastiffman Posts: 66
    Plain and simple you break tos permanent lifetime ban, no week or month suspension. Pull their accounts and delete them ,Once people see that kabaam won’t tolerate it I’m sure it won’t be a thing anymore.
  • I really think it’s time to increase the cap by now. If not give us a 5 star basic arena to breath some life back into the game especially for people who have no luck in their pulls. It would be nice not to have to rely on rng for once to get champs that will help u keep up with the meta.
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    i mean 40 mil is very doable for a lot of people with less than 1k units spent, not that hard to comprehend.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Frankmcoc wrote: »
    I don’t care how many champs he had.....that would cost all his bc and 1-2 odins to put up that score.......or ur ally mate had a bot running on the low

I've done 36m without using units before seen guys do 50m without.

It's very time consuming but possible.

36 million without units! That would make me hate the game. I have to force myself to do 6 million and often stop at 3 lol. I like a little arena but grinding makes me hate it.
  • KallaiRKallaiR Posts: 27
    Ban accounts that use arena bots by disabling them the arena part of the game for 1-2-3 months or more...
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    peoples who can +25 million in arenas are earts damn living bots
  • Hey guys, we're always looking into any potential exploits of the game and really appreciate when we receive reports of any suspicious activity that's noticed in The Contest. With that being said, if you'd like to report someone you suspect of not playing fairly in the game, please reach out to our Support Team.

An investigation will then be conducted and if necessary, appropriate actions will be taken to punish any players who we find haven't played the game in an appropriate manner. However, for privacy reasons for all players involved, we are unable to divulge the outcome of any of our investigations.

You can contact our Support Team by clicking HERE. Alternatively, if you would prefer to contact them from within the game, simply click on the gear shaped icon, located in the top left corner of the Home screen. From there, tap the button which says “Support”, then tap the button that says “Need more help? Contact us”.

When reporting someone you suspect of having cheated, please try to include the following information in your email:

- A detailed description of any strange behavior you noticed
    - Date and time this occurred
    - Name of the suspected player
    - Any relevant screenshots or videos

Thank you very much in advance for letting us know about anything which could be a violation of our Terms of Service!
This discussion has been closed.