**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Matchup is just a joke

We are a Silver 1 alliance with average members rating just 260k and we need to play against another one average at 597k??
Seriously?! A double??
The only reason I could think of is becuase we both have war rating at 1009.

And this is what Kabam worked for so longr to improve the war matching system??
Just choose alliance with similar war rating, but ignoring their alliance rating?

And this alliance last season rating is in Season 4. How could this been happening?

Hope someone could give us an answer. Or it would be better to sandbag in AWs.

mu7edyd86hw1.jpeg
66ilu8fwn0mw.jpeg
c1a4aw4h7kiy.jpeg
jemmj00kmpfz.jpeg

Comments

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Ummm. You have the same exact war rating. What’s the problem?
  • The average member rating is a huge difference.
    How can 262k compete with 597k? lol

Most of us are using 4*rank4-5 and 5*rank2-3 champ
    while they are using 5*rank4-5 or even 6* champ.

How could this be a good matchup?
    Not even close....
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @runstreet maybe they are a newer alliance and working their way up? That's always going to happen. Honestly with all the current mismatches going on there's nothing to see here. Just a regular hard match.
  • Come on dont make excuse for Kabam.

Maybe compared to other mismatch, it is not so bad, but i could tell you this is not a hard war, but a war not possible to win.

We should not just say it is inevitable and just accept it.
    Kabam has all the stats of all our champs, if they are comparing the PI of top 10 champs of each members, they could easily spot the problem.

Be optimistic and think about solutions. Don't just sit there and take whatever you are given.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    runstreet wrote: »
    The average member rating is a huge difference.
    How can 262k compete with 597k? lol

Most of us are using 4*rank4-5 and 5*rank2-3 champ
    while they are using 5*rank4-5 or even 6* champ.

How could this be a good matchup?
    Not even close....

I could sell all but my aw team and have an 86k rating 8 champs. Would that make me weaker to face in aw?
    Nope not at all would be all r4 and r5 5s

I was waiting for someone to comment this...so if this is such an issue,why not add prestige to the calculation along with war rating...u can sell anyone u want...as long as u have Ur top champs,Ur prestige won't drop
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    OP are you seriously saying you are considering sandbagging in silver 3? So they have a higher average player rating. Doesn't mean they can actually fight. I struggle to see the problem here. As long as the war rating is close the skills of the alliances should be similar. You also have to remember there are people who have become tired of high tier aw and retired to lower alliances.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Pi doesn't mean anything. The recommendations for pi in rol is insane and people have beaten it with 3*s. The quests have pi recommendations but you can go in with 1/2 the pi and do the quests. You are putting too much emphasis on pi. Even your champs pi doesn't say what is good and what isn't. Mordo has a super high pi yet most wouldn't take him on a quest over thor or sl who are very low. Hero rating is just an inflated stat. I have a hero rating of over 850k but my champs are nowhere near ss good as another player in my alliance with a hero rating of 350. Its all about how many champs you have ranked up not a measure of skill or difficulty. War rating should be the measure of the alliance's skill not the average hero rating
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    That really sucks, but it is going to happen. Like someone said earlier they could be a new alliance just working their way up. The mismatches will always happen...just hopefully they can become less and less. You're just one of the unlucky few this war.

Luckily it is off-season. I would go about it like normal and get some good practice in versus tougher champs, but don't use resources and take the loss. You can't win them all.