**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Answer the Captain’s Call. Take on Captain Marvel’s Combat Clash!

Comments

• KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Karnage wrote: »
    "Content like this makes people believe it’s a cash grab"

This is only the second event like this we have had with an epic level. If we had no epic level, no one would be complaining about the quest difficulty. Epic is supposed to be the hardest content. Kabam releases something and says "Hey guys, this is really really hard. Most people that try it will fail." The players try it and say "Hey this is really hard. Cash Grab!" Cash grab gets thrown around here so much it's absurd. If they warn us it's really hard it's not a cash grab if it turns out they were telling the truth. No one has to spend any cash on this quest.

There's a difference between," this is hard" and "this is only possible if you have one specific champion". There should never be content that only 1 champion can get through. But there are always selfish people, those who have that 1 champion will tell the rest to be quiet, like he's some sort of authority on the matter.
    And to be honest, to do all that to get an Old Man Logan? Nah, pointless...

Theres zero content that requires a certain champ

Edit theres champ gates in like act 2 if I recall.past those nope none

Really? So Champion Clash Rogue is doable with anyone? Please teach me master, because I'm a decent player, and my 5* AA can't do it, 4* have no chance unless you're an evade god and can pull off the perfect Quake gameplay. My 5* Blade stands no chance either, 6* angela gets wrecked too, I even tried 5* Masacre since he can damage through blocks, but it's near on impossible to hit her block between her aggression and being unstoppable 98% of the time, intercepting a 1 hit heavy is pretty much impossible without taking a block/getting backed up against the wall. That's the only fight I can't do, and not through lack of skill. But if I had Corvus, she would die before her first unstoppable. I'd like to see someone beat her, especially 6 times, with no revives, and without Corvus. I watched Brian Grant fail hard with 5/65s like Omega Red and Void etc, he used like 30+ revives, and a ton of potions...
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★

This is only the second event like this we have had with an epic level. If we had no epic level, no one would be complaining about the quest difficulty. Epic is supposed to be the hardest content. Kabam releases something and says "Hey guys, this is really really hard. Most people that try it will fail." The players try it and say "Hey this is really hard. Cash Grab!" Cash grab gets thrown around here so much it's absurd. If they warn us it's really hard it's not a cash grab if it turns out they were telling the truth. No one has to spend any cash on this quest.

There's a difference between," this is hard" and "this is only possible if you have one specific champion". There should never be content that only 1 champion can get through. But there are always selfish people, those who have that 1 champion will tell the rest to be quiet, like he's some sort of authority on the matter.

Theres zero content that requires a certain champ

Edit theres champ gates in like act 2 if I recall.past those nope none

Hey thats not true!1!

Theres one in act 4 too 😂😂
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    @Treinin What team did you use? Any specific matchups?

@Dexman1349 I used Corvus w/ Proxima synergy, Domino, and Morningstar w/ Mephisto Synergy. MS for the Kamala Khan, and Corvus for pretty much every other fight (Domino for a couple Black Widows).

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

You really took my statement out of context. In fact, I posted that quote at the end of my statement for a reason, as I have given my explanation previously in my post lol
  • MMaqsoodMMaqsood Posts: 28
    I haven't seen any youtube videos of chapter 2 without Corvus. Apart from brian grant who used a bunch of revives on his 5/65 champions. This chapter is just designed for Corvus. If you don't have it, you are done
  • MMaqsoodMMaqsood Posts: 28
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    MMaqsood wrote: »
    I haven't seen any youtube videos of chapter 2 without Corvus. Apart from brian grant who used a bunch of revives on his 5/65 champions. This chapter is just designed for Corvus. If you don't have it, you are done

Brian also said that the rewards are worth spending 2,000 units on revives (he didn't spend any). Corvus is not necessary to complete this content in reasonable price.

My point is that if you have Corvus, you can do it with 100 units and if you don't have it you need 2000 units. How is that fair??
    The rewards aren't worth that at all, not when you have luck like mine. 2000 units to get 5* Kamala or Groot? Or a 6* DPXF? No thanks...
    They need to stop with the RNG dependant rewards for such difficult content....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Brian also said that the rewards are worth spending 2,000 units on revives (he didn't spend any). Corvus is not necessary to complete this content in reasonable price.

My point is that if you have Corvus, you can do it with 100 units and if you don't have it you need 2000 units. How is that fair??

Nothing in the world is fair. The challenge is fair in a sense that everyone has to tackle the exact same nodes and exact same champs. If you don’t have the roster for it, then what are you complaining about? Similarly, if you can’t intercept well and keep dying to Aspect of War, what are you complaining about?

Every past challenge has had a MVP that totally dominates the challenge. I have Corvus and all the necessary champs ranked up at 5/65 to handle this challenge and I spent 13 solo revives. My ally mate with a 5/65 Ghost did it under 30 minutes and spent 4 solo revives.

This challenge is by far the one that requires most skill to complete with Aspect of War. If that’s too much for you to handle, then don’t do it. No one is forcing you to.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Well then I guess it’s a good thing this quest is possible with lots of characters.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »

You really took my statement out of context. In fact, I posted that quote at the end of my statement for a reason, as I have given my explanation previously in my post lol

I don’t see how the context makes my reply invalid but I was really just using the quote in general as the money grab complaint posts were starting to pop up

Well then I guess it’s a good thing this quest is possible with lots of characters.

Lots of characters? Go on then, post your videos, let's see it done without Corvus and without spending revives, I'm looking forward to this...
    Because I've not seen it done without Corvus, and the few that have, have spent a ton of potions and revives to do so...
    And I'm not spending that much on completely RNG dependant rewards. Sorry if it offends your sensibilities, in fact, not really, but a couple thousand units, to get a 5* Kamala is not good value. If you have Corvus and can do it with no revives, it's totally worth the rewards, but if you don't have a Corvus, and it costs you a bunch of revives and potions, it's very likely not worth it...
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Lots of characters? Go on then, post your videos, let's see it done without Corvus and without spending revives, I'm looking forward to this...
    Because I've not seen it done without Corvus, and the few that have, have spent a ton of potions and revives to do so...
    And I'm not spending that much on completely RNG dependant rewards. Sorry if it offends your sensibilities, in fact, not really, but a couple thousand units, to get a 5* Kamala is not good value. If you have Corvus and can do it with no revives, it's totally worth the rewards, but if you don't have a Corvus, and it costs you a bunch of revives and potions, it's very likely not worth it...

Then don't do it. No one is forcing you to. Doesn't mean anyone wants to sit around and listen to you cry about how hard it is or how much of a money grab it is either.

I don't understand how people don't understand when they flat out post that everyone is not meant to complete something, that if you think it's too hard for the rewards offered, you're that person they posted about.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I don't have a Corvus and I don't think it's so bad. I'm primarily using VtD. Unfortunately, due to the ridiculous lagging and timeouts, I've had to stop midway through it, maybe it gets worse on the back half (usually does). But, other than taking some damage dancing around getting VtD properly set up in the first few fights, he's smashing it. Only fight I'm not using him for is IMIW which I'm doing w/ Spark.
    edited February 2019
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I love how the "git gud" crew has moved into "if you don't have the roster for this..." for this discussion while using CG in 95% of the event.

Bottom line, you either have CG and can do this without spending units, or you don't and you can do this while spending 1000 plus units. It's not "balanced".

Well.. the challenge was flat out described that “many will try.. and most will fail.” I guess.. too bad for those who can’t complete it. Wait for the next challenge then (and possibly complain again if you don’t have the MVP ranked for that one).
    xNig wrote: »

Nothing in the world is fair. The challenge is fair in a sense that everyone has to tackle the exact same nodes and exact same champs. If you don’t have the roster for it, then what are you complaining about? Similarly, if you can’t intercept well and keep dying to Aspect of War, what are you complaining about?

Every past challenge has had a MVP that totally dominates the challenge. I have Corvus and all the necessary champs ranked up at 5/65 to handle this challenge and I spent 13 solo revives. My ally mate with a 5/65 Ghost did it under 30 minutes and spent 4 solo revives.

This challenge is by far the one that requires most skill to complete with Aspect of War. If that’s too much for you to handle, then don’t do it. No one is forcing you to.

Everyone defending this challenge is the one that has an OP Corvus in the team.

Just admit that you’re jealous. You’ll feel better.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

I have no corvus used 200 units and dont consider myself anywhere near a top player I'm in a gold 1 allaince.

Used sparky magic hela domino (blade but he proved useless and did 0 fights)

can you post a video of your gameplay with those champs? it would be real helpful to everyone. please
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I love how the "git gud" crew has moved into "if you don't have the roster for this..." for this discussion while using CG in 95% of the event.

Bottom line, you either have CG and can do this without spending units, or you don't and you can do this while spending 1000 plus units. It's not "balanced".

I would tell u to git gud but i know u ain’t capable of getting good . Wonder why people think crying is the correct method of getting over an obstacle?!? Eludes me

I would tell u to git gud but i know u ain’t capable of getting good . Wonder why people think crying is the correct method of getting over an obstacle?!? Eludes me

Cause as kids they got their way by whining to their parents and their parents, in the name of "love", gave them whatever they wanted. Growing up, they transferred the same logic to the real world and call people who don't abide by that logic "trolls" and being "rude" for not agreeing with them because they think everything should be fair.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited February 2019
    I already defeated the challenge, thought I was going to skip this at first but I kept going. I didn't have Corvus or Ghost so I had to work with what I had.

Team:
    -5* 5/65 Sparky (sig 80).
    -4* 5/50 Hyperion (sig 51).
    -4* 5/50 Ronan (sig 25).
    -4* 5/50 Thor (sig 99).
    -5* 1/25 Heimdall.

Yeah, I was working around with a lot of teams and I thought about the Heimdall synergy (the one that revives you and makes you Unstoppable) and also the one he has with Thor (the one which gives 15% health by going back and blocking for some seconds). these synergies saved me a lot. I used overall 1 40% team revive plus other 7 40% single revives and a few potions (around 15 l3 ones and 6 team l3 ones which I used all of them in sections 3 and 4) and also an 20% boost near the end.. Most annoying defenders were IMIW (which Hyperion made seem a lot lot easier) and Rogue.

The trick with Rogue is just building poise charges with Sparky, if she is Unstoppable, wait for it to end. I was just evading attacks at the corner (I was somewhat used since I got some practice with it) and then wait for her last medium when she's not unstoppable and attack. Sparky ends her really fast though I had a bad run against her on one or two of the six sections. BW and Ms Marvel (also the last Captain Marvel) is just not getting hit (especially with BW). Kamala Khan is arguably the easiest one as Ronan perma stuns her. Heimdall and Thor weren't almost never used at all.

Was definitely doable to me even though I thought at first these nodes were BS, lol.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    Lost in all of this arguing about the difficulty is the (unintentional?) irony that in a Captain Marvel-specific event the three CM opponents (in order) heal you, can be dominated by a 3* duped Ronan or are the easiest fight on the board.

Add to that they are all overshadowed by a toon in a machine at Dave & Busters.

Yeah, Kabam version of CM...you go girl.

Dr. Zola
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Why is there no separate title in chapter 2 like there was in The Champion's gauntlet?