**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How good is 5* Hawkeye?

Despite having only 7 5*, I somehow managed to pull Hawkeye twice in a row. How good is he?

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Big congrats! B)
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    He was my first Tripple duped 4* and my first duped 5*, he was at rank 4 as a 5* before I duped him. He helped me get through all of act 5
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I have a 5-star unawakened and am considering taking him up to r3.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    Hawkeye is good when duped with deep wounds maxed he's even better
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    He's good enough for your needs until you get the god tier champs like corvus or blade.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Very useful. Not top shelf but he can clear a lot of content for you.
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Is he R4 material?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    R3 all day long. I wouldn't take him to r4. But use him for awhile and see how much you like him.
  • NinexblueNinexblue Posts: 31
    R4 material in my opinion. Definitely one of the best OG champs.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Mine is R4 and he is my main source of power control, and he never lets me down. Very underrated! He owns Hyperion!
  • Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    edited January 2019
    Hawkeye is amazing. I have him duped at R3 and he was my workhorse for a long time when I was running path 4 (all or nothing nodes). His only limitation are boss nodes where they are debuff immune. For some dumb reason, HEs S1 power drain is triggered as a debuff. It's a bug, but Kabam has never fixed it...

You don't really need max deep wounds. 4/5 works well. Duped adds Hemorrhage, which triggers just once per fight. Perfect in 2015, not so much now. Kabam really should change that to a flat % trigger so he can Hemorrhage more than once.

Here's his best trait - he doesn't proc buffs...very helpful against some of the end game and high tier content which punishes champs who proc regen, fury, etc.
  • I still really like Hawkeye and he was part of my main team for quite a bit actually. This was partially due to the Romance synergy he had with my Scarlet Witch (extra Power Gain was always nice) and partially due to the Power Drain on his SP1. And as others mentioned, he doesn't activate any Buffs, so he can be an extra option for node like Buffet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    R3 all day long. I wouldn't take him to r4. But use him for awhile and see how much you like him.

I did. Even used a Gem on him. Lol. I have zero patience, and no luck. My last pull was a shiny Ant-Man Dup. I'm cool with the choice.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    He has great damage and great damage control. Nice pull!
  • Hawkeye is hyperion slayer and very underrated. A great 5* pull he is. Well worth a rank 3 or 4 if you don't have a better skill option.
  • Decent. But needs a buff. All you do is Sp1 spam. So all you ever use is 2 abilities. Compared to new champs like domino who has 15 abilities going for her and 7 uniques synergies
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    Despite having only 7 5*, I somehow managed to pull Hawkeye twice in a row. How good is he?

Nice pull bro congrats.Last day i pulled 6* hawkeye.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    R4 material.
    He's still one of the best power controller in this game.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Hawkeye is good for power control with his 1st special
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    I have him at r4, he used to be my power control champ in aw
    I don't use him anymore though, his damage was a bit lacking, but still pretty decent
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Old reliable but boring as hell
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    I have r3, he's useful, helps when u need power control, my only 5s with that utility so I like him alot but he is boring. Has helped me alot though all or nothing in rttl and other things like that, I have 5/50 vision, magik and sw but still use Hawkeye from time to time, a good team is hawkeye, void, cap iw, og hulk and og black panther if you're looking for a good team around hawkeye, taskmaster also if your HE is duped