**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rogue in Captain Marvel event... are you serious???

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
Ok so how do you fight a champ that has mighty dash, invade, aspect of war, brawl and aggressive???
You can't hit her block cause she rarely blocks and when she finally does it's either after a special and or has brawl active.
Can't intercept cause of brawl. Cant't parry or block cause of invade and with brawl activating every 5 seconds and can't be nullified in any way how is that fight possible???

And before you mention Corvus or hit her block read the part about aggressive!

Comments

• PlanetSaturnPlanetSaturn Posts: 56
    Also it helps to use the night crawler trick when they go unstoppable.

Can you explain this trick, becouse I have never heard it?
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★

It's when you dash back just as they dash back and do a light attack in the air or something like that to make them hold block long enough to switch in NC's case. Was never able to do that for some reason. Luckily I know how to deal with NC without it but that means I can't do it like @mum_m2 suggested.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    @PlanetSaturn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK2nutHSgJQ&t=311s

but the method can be universal to buy time against champs like juggernaut's unstoppable for example. say you are down to 10% with blade and need to regen, just use the nightcrawler trick, buy yourself a few seconds and regen up. :smile:
  • elan0418elan0418 Posts: 53
    Strategic wrote: »

It's when you dash back just as they dash back and do a light attack in the air or something like that to make them hold block long enough to switch in NC's case. Was never able to do that for some reason. Luckily I know how to deal with NC without it but that means I can't do it like @mum_m2 suggested.

I never got it to work either... When i do the light attack they just come to my face... Dunno what i am doing wrong.
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    Diggity Dave has a great video using Chloe to destroy her
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Inigo wrote: »

Yup but you’re hoping the rng gods bless you enough so that rogue isn’t super aggressive
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    I've experimented with both 5/65 Domino and 3/45 Corvus. Domino can get it done but it feels safer with Corvus. I don't have Ghost and my Yondu and Quake aren't ranked. I just hit her because I'm not good at the NC strategy. Should practice that...
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Inigo wrote: »

I tried Quake. I usually can kill anyone with her BUT still need to use parry. I tried the evade then dex trick but for some reason the response time of going into a heavy after dex is too slow and I get hit. I tried it a few times and she just won't go into block fast enough.
    I'm using android galaxy S8 if that makes any difference. I don't have any lag that I can tell since I moved from VERY laggy S5 to no lag in S8.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    This NC is gonna get fixed up now !! 😂
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    This NC is gonna get fixed up now !! 😂

doubtful, it's been well known counter for over a year now.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    I used Sparky.

Once Rogue had unstoppable I just evaded (and building up poise charges, also I was used to this style of play) all her attacks at the corner until the Unstoppable ended. Then I waited until she used either her last medium or heavy then intercepted her. Sparky killed her really fast, plus I had Heimdall synergy that could save my butt at times.

Not really the most practical way to defeat her but it can help.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    With champs being aggressive the NC trick can be a little bit harder. If you swipe into the air RIGHT as they are dashing back that will usually do it (most importantly against a night crawler since that is the block that will start his stance timer) otherwise you need to make sure they are holding a block when you throw a light attack (into the air)
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    I used Venom against her. Played really well and cautious. Tried to bait her Specials so the AoW would trigger same time as brawl, to minimize overlap and just keep Unstoppable stacked. Bleed her out.