**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dorm on Debuff Immune Node AW

UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
I've been fighting repeated levels of Dorm's in AW now specifically on the debuff immune left miniboss and am having a hell of a time figuring out a successful strategy to tackle this opponent. First, I'm not a fan of the MD interaction with dexterity but have learned to live with it. However, the interaction between Dexterity and Dorm's sig seems like a whole different level of complexity. This is more specific to a 5* rank 4 Dorm but lower levels can hurt as well.

I like to consider myself an above average player. I consistently take out minibosses and bosses and tackle roughly 10 enemies every AW in tier 1-2 without using items. My main path is the stun immune path. I've worked around every difficult enemy on this path except for Dorm on left mini. I've tried Cap, Vision, Voodoo and no champ seems to work consistently. I can shallow evade instead of deep evade but because of his size it's near impossible to do consistently as he can continue combos through a shallow evade easily.

Just one degen takes roughly 6k to 8k damage which means if he lands just two to three of these degens I'm pretty much done without him even landing a hit on me. I have removed Dexterity and this seems to be the only method that has gotten me through these fights so far as not doing so would cost me far more units worth in revives/potions. However, it seems a bit ridiculous to me that I have to shuffle my Masteries around just to handle one specific opponent. I actually prefer Dorm as final boss instead of left mini as then you have the possibility to power lock him with Magik and corner him to death. Debuff immune removes this possibility.

I'm just wondering what others have done to handle this opponent in AW. Is it really just a matter of being required to change Masteries or have others had success with a different champ? I've come to my wit's end with this one.

Comments

• Not sure if it helps you, but try Agent Venom, his tenacity might help you.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'm not one for nerf talk but MD needs tweaked. All I can think of man is OG captain America and be careful about triggering dexterity.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Magik & ogv are the best options. I block a lot vs dorm cause u can evade and counter his heavy without dex. U take damage but it's much more successful. And usually is only 1 time out.

You have to take quite a lot of block damage doing this. Plus you'll need to bait an SP1 eventually with Magik since she can't power lock. Vision seems a little bit of a better option but you still could take up to 1k or more in damage on one blocked combo. Usually there is one champ that has a clear advantage over an enemy but there doesn't seem to be any for this one except Mastery adjustment.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    I use my magik to fight him on left side and main boss. You just have to be focused at all times during the fight. I just block everything. I don't remove dexterity either. If you swipe away twice as soon as he starts his heavy, you don't trigger dexterity buff. That's how I do it. Then you can charge back in and hit him and keep doing that. I have been able to solo him once or twice left mini and take 200k health from main boss that way.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    I also buy and use the mystic boosts in the loyalty store.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Thanks for responses. I guess I'll give Magik a try and play more carefully with Cap. My main concern is getting cornered while baiting SP1 from a distance (to avoid triggering Dexterity) and being forced to evade heavies. Seems like a gamble.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Voodoo,vision and captain america are the best options for the fight maybe you need to switch up your playing style to better counter the fight. I see Dorm on that node quite consistently too and I just use starlord the main things is to play with a lot of back draft intercepts and if he is going to be below one bar of power when you finish a combo do a four combo then do a back draft intercept to keep him against the wall. Most of time back drafts are like shallow intercepts and don't activate dexterity. I can get Dorm on that node down in 1 or 2 tries pretty consistently.