**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Answer the Captain’s Call. Take on Captain Marvel’s Combat Clash!

Comments

• RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    This challenge was easy af with Corvus
    Spent no units
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    I just completed it with 5 star Hyperion, 4 star Hyperion, 5 star domino/red hulk/masacre. Corvus would be better but this team wasn’t bad. Used 4 team revives.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    MMaqsood wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    MMaqsood wrote: »
    I haven't seen any youtube videos of chapter 2 without Corvus. Apart from brian grant who used a bunch of revives on his 5/65 champions. This chapter is just designed for Corvus. If you don't have it, you are done

Brian also said that the rewards are worth spending 2,000 units on revives (he didn't spend any). Corvus is not necessary to complete this content in reasonable price.

My point is that if you have Corvus, you can do it with 100 units and if you don't have it you need 2000 units. How is that fair??

thats not true at all.
    i have yet to do it myself but a couple in my alliance have.
    not a single one has corvus.
    and noone has spent any units.
    1 used 2 team revives, 3 single revives and a 30% boost.
    1 used 1 team revive, 15 single revives and a 20% boost.

both said rogue was the hardest by far but doable.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    Literally no one :

Kabam : man I love me some Aspect of War
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Literally no one :

Honestly I don't mind the aspect of war node on this quest. It's just that in combination with the brawl that makes Rogue so difficult. Aspect of War makes it an intercept game which is fine. I'm fine on every other fight. I could finish it with current inventory but still practicing to see if I can figure out Rogue.
  • Izuman18Izuman18 Posts: 6
    There's no Legends contest associated with this event, Correct?

Can you confirm this ??
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    So this challenge can be painful but you definitely don’t need Corvus. You do need high damage champs though who can do “burst damage” as stated in the post.

Also in truth those with 5* R5 champs have a more significant advantage as aspect of war will not allow you the time to overcome the attack differences in the levels making the challenge harder for lower level champs(depending on champ of course). Without high damage r5 champs intercepting will be key.

My team:
    Domino 5* 5/65 duped
    Cap IW 5* 5/65 duped
    Ronan 4* 4/40 duped
    Massacre 6*
    Rulk 5 3/45

Rulk and massacre there just for domino synergy.

Domino- all ms marvel/widow fights. Parry heavy incinerate makes quick work of them.
    Cap IW-IMIW
    Ronan- KK. 0 deaths using stun lock method
    Everyone-rogue. Well really just domino and Cap IW. Didn’t revive anyone else while fogjt

Rogue was the only one that was painful. Depending on AI it could go well or not. Some one shots but many at least one revive for rogue. Last one was the worst because she was super aggressive and I was playing frustrated. Took a couple revives there from playing stupid.

Overall 300 or so units invested which is well worth it considering the rewards(and 150 unit pay out too bring loss to 150 units and some lvl 40 revives in the inventory and health pots from ROL grinding)
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Here’s an honest question for players like @LeNoirFaineant, @xNig, @Drooped2 and others that I have:

Can you build a credible team for the CM event Epic quest without any champ released after November 2017? That would mean, for example, none of the usual suspects...no Corvus, no Domino, no Ghost—essentially, nothing after Blade’s initial arena. Also no Hypo or Stark available above a 4* level.

Not impossible, but I’d like to see what combinations the high-end players in this community think is the path forward in that scenario. I would assume the team revolves around Ronan-Magik-Medusa-Quake-Venom, but I don’t know. I’d also like a candid assessment of how difficult you think it would be.

Not a snarky, trick question. Just soliciting ideas. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Zola

Rank limit? Roster shots? Not a true high-end player, but I can offer advice, but too easy to just say oh, r5 5* of all of those =P But I would say that sounds like a decent team, depending on how good you are with Quake. The main sticking point champs are obviously IMIW (Venom, Medusa) and Rogue (Whoever you feel comfortable using, Quake if you're skilled with her), so that should cover those. Could maybe use Iceman instead of Magik or Medusa, to counter BW '3%' evade.
  • Bfyffe28Bfyffe28 Posts: 41
    edited February 2019
    Here’s an honest question for players like @LeNoirFaineant, @xNig, @Drooped2 and others that I have:

Can you build a credible team for the CM event Epic quest without any champ released after November 2017? That would mean, for example, none of the usual suspects...no Corvus, no Domino, no Ghost—essentially, nothing after Blade’s initial arena. Also no Hypo or Stark available above a 4* level.

Not impossible, but I’d like to see what combinations the high-end players in this community think is the path forward in that scenario. I would assume the team revolves around Ronan-Magik-Medusa-Quake-Venom, but I don’t know. I’d also like a candid assessment of how difficult you think it would be.

Dr. Zola

There’s 3 champs that are fairly easy. Ms.Marvel and BW can be handled by pretty much anyone. Hawkeye would be pretty good to keep them bleeding and their power down. KK can be cheesed with Ronan. If you have a 4 star Hyperion he can do a ton of damage to IMIW especially if you pop a boost. That leaves Rogue who is a pain in the butt. Whatever rank 5 champ or high damage rank 4 can take her. A 4 star Corvus can get her down in a couple of revives. This wasn’t easy but it wasn’t to bad either. If you have a decent stash it can be done for cheap. The rewards might even be worth it if you need to spend a team revive per line. I think there’s 7 lines so it’s probably worth 700-1000 units to complete. A lot of people would value the rewards for much more than that. 1500-2000 units might still make it worth it. There’s a big chunk of t5b and 6 star shards. If you can get it done you should.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Amonthir wrote: »

Dr. Zola

Rank limit? Roster shots? Not a true high-end player, but I can offer advice, but too easy to just say oh, r5 5* of all of those =P But I would say that sounds like a decent team, depending on how good you are with Quake. The main sticking point champs are obviously IMIW (Venom, Medusa) and Rogue (Whoever you feel comfortable using, Quake if you're skilled with her), so that should cover those. Could maybe use Iceman instead of Magik or Medusa, to counter BW '3%' evade.

Assume zero R5–I’ve hoarded cats in anticipation of Act 6 to see what rankups have highest yield, so you’re stuck with R3/4 and 5/50 4*, which can be boosted obviously. And Iceman only as 4*, which still works for evade but may take a little more abuse than a 5*.

I’ve watched a ton of Quake videos. My Quake play is good, but failing terrific reflexes and a stable connection, I’ve found getting into the corner on Rogue can be hit or miss. I watch some of these guys and don’t see a single dropped input, or no instance where Quake just stands right up and gets clobbered. Still, she would have to be my bread and butter.

Obviously, it’s all about limiting deaths to IMIW and handling Rogue. BW can be a pain with a evade+insta-combo to the face, but she’s manageable. And KK is easiest of the lot.

Dr. Zola
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I’ve no idea who came out after Nov 2017.

Personally if given no choice Magik + MS. Maybe 4* Hyp (I personally don’t like Hyp playstyle) or R4 Void or Rulk for IMIW, AA or whoever for BW, and the highest dps champ that I have against Rogue.

It’ll be harder, yes, but definitely not a cash grab.

(For my main I didn’t scout the nodes and just read the announcement and went in with the team I thought will do best. On hindsight I should have brought Heimdall instead of Proxima and it’ll safe me quite a lot of revives esp against Rogue.)
    edited February 2019
    xNig wrote: »
    I’ve no idea who came out after Nov 2017.

Personally if given no choice Magik + MS. Maybe 4* Hyp (I personally don’t like Hyp playstyle) or R4 Void or Rulk for IMIW, AA or whoever for BW, and the highest dps champ that I have against Rogue.

It’ll be harder, yes, but definitely not a cash grab.

(For my main I didn’t scout the nodes and just read the announcement and went in with the team I thought will do best. On hindsight I should have brought Heimdall instead of Proxima and it’ll safe me quite a lot of revives esp against Rogue.)

Post 11/17 would exclude MS, Void as well, for these purposes. But assuming you use MS for KK, that’s easily replicated with Ronan/Magik.

Throwing a Heimdall of some variety in somewhere may be a viable option as well to get free indestructible for 8 secs with a hard hitter.

You mentioned Proxima—did your main use Corvus to clear?

Dr. Zola
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    My main ran CG R5, Void R5, Magik R5, Iceman R5 and Proxima R3. No point putting them on the bench if I have them.

Just didn’t expect IMIW to have Fistcuts, so I ended up using Void on him.

Iceman was for BW cause the random 3% evade doesn’t feel like 3% so I wanted to save my pain (didn’t wanna spend pots if I miscued on CG too).

I brought CG cause I read the announcement and it had IMIW and Rogue (that’s 4 charges for CG so it’s stupid not to bring him).

Rogue was pretty straightforward with CG just hitting into her block and shallow evading her when she dashed. Miscued 2-3 times on one path that ended up with me getting cornered. Lol. When he died I just used whichever champ was alive to carry on, no big deal.

Magik was for everyone else since they were cosmic mainly. Imagine my surprise when I saw aspect of war. It was simply sp2 cornerlock for most fights.
    xNig wrote: »
    My main ran CG R5, Void R5, Magik R5, Iceman R5 and Proxima R3. No point putting them on the bench if I have them.

Just didn’t expect IMIW to have Fistcuts, so I ended up using Void on him.

Iceman was for BW cause the random 3% evade doesn’t feel like 3% so I wanted to save my pain (didn’t wanna spend pots if I miscued on CG too).

I brought CG cause I read the announcement and it had IMIW and Rogue (that’s 4 charges for CG so it’s stupid not to bring him).

Rogue was pretty straightforward with CG just hitting into her block and shallow evading her when she dashed. Miscued 2-3 times on one path that ended up with me getting cornered. Lol. When he died I just used whichever champ was alive to carry on, no big deal.

Magik was for everyone else since they were cosmic mainly. Imagine my surprise when I saw aspect of war. It was simply sp2 cornerlock for most fights.

Fair enough.

I’ve got to build a team around Quake, and unfortunately I’m getting a lot of issues with her right now with dropped inputs and the same kind of stuff that has plagued her for a while. I’ve watched Dave’s video and tried lighter touches, but that’s not a solution for me.

Magik may ultimately be the better option for me than Quake. Less reliance on accurate game mechanics performance.

I’ve experimented a couple of lanes with NC/Yondu synergy for greater block penetration on Rogue. Those fights feel dependent on the mood Rogue’s AI is in honestly. Just a suck if she’s psycho.

Ideally, I’d like to avoid a ton of item use, but I suppose brute forcing is always an option for me. Don’t have the optimal roster build for it, skills are a little rusty and game/connection/device feels balky. It is what it is.

Dr. Zola
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited February 2019
    ^ I mean, you are excluding very late 2017 and 2018 champs, but do you at least have an 4* Heimdall and Thor?
    the other 3 spots can be used by an brute force champ (SL, preferably direct damage and no DoT as Rogue exists), an KK counter (easily Ronan) and an IMIW counter. Before November 2017 Counters I can think of are Doctor Strange, Karnak, and Hyperion. DS and Hyperion is about the power gain and only hit with SP1 and Karnak is about the true strike.

The synergies provide a lot of survivability, they saved me a lot in that quest tbh.

Also, Block Penetration champs not named Corvus are kinda hard to use as Rogue is overly aggressive to hit on her block and you kinda have to kill her fast. I used a brute force champ personally.
    Alpha07 wrote: »
    ^ I mean, you are excluding very late 2017 and 2018 champs, but do you at least have an 4* Heimdall and Thor?
    the other 3 spots can be used by an brute force champ (SL, preferably direct damage and no DoT as Rogue exists), an KK counter (easily Ronan) and an IMIW counter. Before November 2017 Counters I can think of are Doctor Strange, Karnak, and Hyperion. DS and Hyperion is about the power gain and only hit with SP1 and Karnak is about the true strike.

The synergies provide a lot of survivability, they saved me a lot in that quest tbh.

Also, Block Penetration champs not named Corvus are kinda hard to use as Rogue is overly aggressive to hit on her block and you kinda have to kill her fast. I used a brute force champ personally.

Lol I’m not kidding when I say I’ve been basically 0-for-2018, but I did pull a 4* Heimdall late yesterday. OG Thor? Sure. But I’ve shied away from 4* unless I have to. Heimdall would have been nice if I’d had him when I started.

I’m halfway through and wishing I had room for an Iceman on BW. But it’s all good. Some quests are easier than others. Does make me laugh when I see Corvus and Ghost and Aegon ripping it though—feels like just before 12.0 all over again.

Dr. Zola
  • Now, let me reiterate one more time, Summoners. This is not easy! Many will attempt, and most will fail! Don’t come complaining when you hit a brick wall! Ask your fellow Summoners for tips and tricks!

Why would you guys want most people to fail!? 😭😭

so that the guys would not cry, it is necessary to make such awards, so that they would not cry) this time, they are good for the grades, but there is no biggest minus (TITLE) add Titut please! because the first chapter is not difficult but the title was given. not fair, I ask you to correct the error. and the title of the title could be about (BEST CAPTAIN) For example
  • The title he also motivates in his own way) will be very much, and many of the players who passed and will pass Chapter 2, it is very expensive
  • Man, Kabam is really making players work for their energy refills this month. EQ, Deadpool and now this one. A lot going on for sure.

There's a lot of Quest content for sure, but remember that it's still around for a couple weeks!

Mike, please carry the information to the developers on the title of "Captain Marvel" 2 chapter
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Red hulk was surprisingly effective against rogue. I brought him for domino synergy but he dealt tremendous damage through her block plus his extra physical damage.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Literally no one :

Love it 😂😂😂
    Drooped2 wrote: »

Dr. Zola

I used hela for rogue
    Magic for Kamala
    Domino for widow and mm
    Stark for iniw
    Was stark before then?
    Meh here goes

Magic still for sure (she would need to do miss marvel and kamala)
    Hela still does rogue
    So widow and imiw counters
    I'd bring meph quake
    I'll pull starky off cause I dont recall when he was made.
    For my hawkeye
    That's all 2017 champs or before

That’s a good setup—I’m just powering with my mish-mash team of R4 Medusa/Quake, R3 Venom/Yondu, 5/50 Ronan. It isn’t at all pretty but it’s what I picked and at this point nothing left but to soldier on. Would trade Yondu for a sandwich to be named later at this point.

On your list of champs...I’d be happy with any of Mephisto, HE or Stark as 5*. Have Hela but haven’t invested any time learning her. No biggie but yes...pulls haven’t gone my way. Got to run with what you have.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

I used hela for rogue
    Magic for Kamala
    Domino for widow and mm
    Stark for iniw
    Was stark before then?
    Meh here goes

Hela still does rogue
    I'd bring meph quake
    For my hawkeye

That’s a good setup—I’m just powering with my mish-mash team of R4 Medusa/Quake, R3 Venom/Yondu, 5/50 Ronan. It isn’t at all pretty but it’s what I picked and at this point nothing left but to soldier on. Would trade Yondu for a sandwich to be named later at this point.

On your list of champs...I’d be happy with any of Mephisto, HE or Stark as 5*. Have Hela but haven’t invested any time learning her. No biggie but yes...pulls haven’t gone my way. Got to run with what you have.

Dr. Zola

I felt the same about blade man he did so little for me outside poise for stark.
    I had regrets of not having the rulk for domino pretry quick instead of the poise

Yep. I’m taking a break before final path. All the goodies are nice, but I really hope the 5* at the end is finally a decent payoff. These special quest crystals have not been kind to me.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

I used hela for rogue
    Magic for Kamala
    Domino for widow and mm
    Stark for iniw
    Was stark before then?
    Meh here goes

Hela still does rogue
    I'd bring meph quake
    For my hawkeye

Dr. Zola

I felt the same about blade man he did so little for me outside poise for stark.
    I had regrets of not having the rulk for domino pretry quick instead of the poise

Yep. I’m taking a break before final path. All the goodies are nice, but I really hope the 5* at the end is finally a decent payoff. These special quest crystals have not been kind to me.

Dr. Zola

I pulled symbiote supreme from it soo.

I really want to flag your comment lol

Dr. Zola
    edited February 2019
    56rjn0lgu3do.png

Not a whole lot to say about that...just more of the same. Stuck on the 2016-2017 server lol. Ah well... other goodies are great. Maybe VP dominates the next special quest.

Dr. Zola
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @DrZola nice work. Hope you get some newer champs soon. I was mostly 0-2018 too but have had pretty good pulls the last few months.