**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• This is terrible. This system is way worse than before. You made it worse and fixed nothing. Please put it back!
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    It’s stupid! Now we can’t synchronized our battle group due to different time zone. Way to go kabam
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I honestly think people jumped on the boohoo bandwagon too fast on this one. It took our hybrid US/EU alliance exactly one war to adjust. This one, two bg’s finished an hour ago. The third will soon. We have the rest of the day off. That’s faster than I can remember ever finishing before. If people can’t allocate 5 minutes in 20 hours to put their defenders in, they are probably in a state of suspended animation.
    The new set-up for AW sucks balls.
    Our alliance is from the Netherlands and Belgium.
    Because most of us have a day job there will be days we physically cannot finish some wars because of the timeframes were forced into to play a war.
    We worked hard to reach gold 1, but now all that hard work has been flushed down the drain by kabam.
    Instead of perma-banning the players who, we all know, cheat, they come up with a set up that screws most European players that have a life.
    In really like that game and game though I hate AW and what it has done to game, I could stomach it, because the game it self is fun and being in an alliance with lovely people is awesome. But if season 9 will have the same set up I'll might as well quit this game, because our alliance will probably fall apart.

Thank you kabam for not thinking this one through, like so many things.

It starts late afternoon, which gives you the entire night. Few fights when you wake. Or on a break. All done. I’m Dutch and loving it.

• JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    borntohula wrote: »

It starts late afternoon, which gives you the entire night. Few fights when you wake. Or on a break. All done. I’m Dutch and loving it.

We have actual lives with partners and kids and family. And some have jobs that don't allow them to play.
    For example: in my building I can't get a signal at all. Not even to call. We used to start our wars at 9 pm which was ok, even though sometimes it was still close.
    Now we started at 5 pm and we're glad it's weekend. During a week day that time frame will be impossible.
    I own a business. Have a wife and a four year old kid. Schedule suits me just fine. Way better than what it was before. Again, everyone’s lives are different. The EU and UK players in my alliance have zero issues with the current schedule. I understand you might not. But that’s not the be all, end all opinion.
  • AfraxinAfraxin Posts: 4
    This change makes AW unplayable. I can’t imagine we’re the only alliance that had to schedule around the lives of their folks.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I’m east coast U.S. so war starts at 10 am. Not really a fan of that time. But, we have members in Hawaii meaning war ends at 5 am. So a good bit of our bg is asleep the last 6-7 hours of war.

We should be able to pick a window start time. If things stay the way they are, we probably won’t be participating next season (at least not trying).
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I honestly can't believe that they thought 20 hours placement was a good idea. Like who thought that moving wars up 4 hours would make people happy?
  • 1Jo1Jo Posts: 30
    Well this new war systems sucks. Most our alliance is at work, on schools run or generally busy when war starts and ends so due to the new system we have 1 window when we can all move 5 nodes 🙄 great job kabam on making the system suck.
    Is it possible you thought we can’t stop alliances from 100% maps so we will just take time to play away from them, then they can’t 100%???
    This is one way to stop people participating in war and possibly the game I suppose.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    At least this schedule takes the pressure off aw as we likely won’t be participating
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    The new fixed start/end times are awful, half our US players are not awake for the final 6-8 hours, its just a mad rush in last 30 minutes every war.
    Make the start/End at least 3 hours later so we have a second window when both Europe and pacific coast US players are available at same time
  • krisvelasco1krisvelasco1 Posts: 2
    edited February 2019
    This end and start time is killing anyone in pst paths 1 and 2 take 17 and 16 energy makes for a really long day to clear or your getting up super early the 20 hour placement is the real killer i have no idea who the genius was that set this up but they obviously dont play i seriously think most of us in our alliance will end up quitting because of this
  • YohanjrYohanjr Posts: 100
    We did not enlist ! Officially in boycott mode. Just does not work for u.s. ally. This system is broke and will not participate until this abomination of a design is repaired..
    Just get rid of timers and energy restrictions. Boom, all solved. No one favored. No one hurt. No more complaining.
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    edited February 2019
    In case the mods are taking tally of how many are complaining.. y'all can add me to the mix!

This AW system is broken, and frustrating to say the least.
    I understand that to some, this new fixed start time is great and works for their schedules - which is great for y'all. You are the minority though, I assure you.
    I'm EST myself, and our current war started and ended at 10am-ish, which was 3+ hours earlier than the first one.. and first one was 3+ hours earlier that we NORMALLY look for a match.

We're a group of vets that finally put together a system that worked with everyone's schedules, and this system just ruined that!

With most of us, our schedules are inflexible to change for anything other than major life changes, so making this aspect of a GAME suddenly demand that is laughable to say the least.

I'm sorry to say, that if the start times aren't going to remain flexible, you'll be saying goodbye to a lot of players like myself.
    Or at least, to players like me in any sort of AW aspect of the game.

My suggesting would be to make 3 available time brackets, each one 8 hours apart.

If choosing your own matchmaking time is off the table.. Then there needs to be some sort of reliable, repeatable, consistent, start time each war. No +/- 3 hours, and preferably much much later in the day.
  • SignumSignum Posts: 133
    I have missed the end of a war for the first time in history of playing this game. We need to be able to start war when we need it to start, we should be able to do this for AQ too, now that I think about it. We all have jobs, families and responsibilities and keeping up with the game is even more difficult now. The war ended at 9:30am, I set an alarm and slept right through it, my players from India are able to join second time with only a few hours left, my Australian from Perth missed the last 6 hours...I say we increase the length of aq, so we can start it a few hours later and do the same for war. We could also reduce timers permanently. In no world, however persistent the game developer is, are reduced timers a bad thing.
    I do hope Kabam factors in ALL timezones though when they start to make adjustments. It’s all fine and dandy to cater to US players (who, and I don’t begrudge them, have been catered to for years), but if it will start, say, six hours later than it currently does, that’d do the same to EU players that is now being done to US players. In my case that means it would start around midnight. No dice.

Even though I realize Kabam will probably never even consider the option, removing energy restrictions or upping the energy cap significantly, would solve this all in a heartbeat. For everyone, everywhere. Hell, they could even make all boosts work for a set number of fights, so they’d still sell the same amount.

Any adjustment to the time schedule, will impact players. Simply starting it X hours later will placate those that the current schedule negatively impacts. But will in turn impact others, who will then start complaining.
  • MikesabyssMikesabyss Posts: 2
    We have found the change to be horrible for our alliance. The change no longer allows you to play in the time frame that best suits a team time zone. We have now found a lot of our alliance can not participate. Over all a poor change.
  • MikesabyssMikesabyss Posts: 2
    I have not heard or read of any alliance thinking that these changes are good. It hurts all members that have other things going besides the game like family and jobs. We have people from all over the world in our alliance and this is bad for all people in all time zone. It takes away our ability to use our time effectively.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    Just make the placement period 24 hours again and it'll fix my alliance's problems. We've gone from starting wars at 5pm to starting them at 7:15am. We can live with 11:15am.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 96 ★★
    I know there is an uproar about the aw changes and, for the most part, rightfully so but the one thing that should be obvious and changed as soon as possible if you are going to continue to leave war this way is to have war coinside with aq start time. Having war start that early sucks in of itself but trying to run map6 and 7 with this huge gap in between the start of war and the start of aq is impossible. We need to have access to our champs for aw and aq and having this huge gap in time just makes this a nightmare. This should be obvious and i would have thought you might have thought this through prior to these changes being released but this change needs to be made as soon as possible and you shouldn’t even need to think about it, it should be that obvious. Hopefully you can understand this and make this happen as soon as possible.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    We have mixture of Different time zones in our Alliance and the new changes in matchmaking are not working for our Alliance. These new finishing times are going to kill us for sure... Not sure how 7am pacific is a good time for war to end. I know you have 24 hours, but when you have different time zones it sucks.

I’ll be up frank and honest I’m not going to tell everyone in our alliance they should start setting there alarm clocks ⏰ to get up check where there @ in AW.....,or be home by a certain hour etc.,depending on there time zone could be b rough. This is game suppose to b fun than it turns into a job and for most of us we are not getting paid to do this.
  • This new system's time frame set up is terrible!!!!
  • Did anyone even read my summary on the last page? They're changing it. Relax and wait now. This will be last the war like this. Sometime in the next few days, we'll get an update with new information. Until then, they know. Let me repeat that.... they KNOW. Here's the post with the images as proof, they know...
    Just so everyone doesn't have to go rummaging through this VERY long thread. Change is on the horizon. Here's the posts by Kabam Miike that can be found throughout...

5zmx1f9r7ima.jpg

0vrt3fh46pgq.jpg

a9wsbolrc7l2.jpg

So there's the summary. Change is coming likely next cycle. Chances are Season will be delayed. So we have been heard, and it looks like war #3 will be the last to be as it currently is. Thankfully.

Just for clarification, for the next war, you can choose to Enlist NOW. Do not wait until war ends as you may miss the Enlistment window. As it currently stands, Enlistment period is 44 hours long, which is only down during Matchmaking. During placement and attack phases, Enlistment is up for the next war. Attack phase, 24 hours. Placement phase, 20 hours PAST your match being made. So I cannot fathom how anyone (short of a system malfunction) missed Enlistment. Plenty of time.

Also placement is only 4 hours shorter than it was prior. If your Alliance mates can't be bothered to place within the 1st 12-15 hours, you may want to consider finding new ones. It takes only a minute to place your champs. Give them the heads up that you want plenty of time to do your defense grid. It's pretty simple.

Hearing about those 2 issues is just maddening. Both are avoidable. If the system screws up, that's one thing. However, if you miss it, that's on you.

I completely understand that the majority are not in favor of the system as is. I'm not either. We've been heard folks. So take a breather and be patient while they fix this situation. I'm sure by Tuesday we'll be informed of the changes made and know what to expect. I'm also gonna wager a guess that they're postponing Season 8 by at least 1 week. To do otherwise could be catastrophic for many Alliances if they miss the mark again. For now, I'll remain cautiously optimistic while remembering that things could be problematic even after the changes are made. The point is, change is coming, we've been heard. The community put their proverbial feet down and it was noticed by Kabam. What more can we ask for now? Nothing. Just hang loose and see what happens next. Complain again if things go sideways. Or cheer if they end up working. Or not... lol