**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Symbiote Supreme or Magik?

Need your people's suggestions and reasons as I am extremely confused on who to R5, Magik is duped and symbiote is not and both are R4 right now. Please Advise.

Comments

• Options
    Ben93Ben93 Posts: 71
    IMO, Symbiote supreme is much better than Magik and doesn't really need to be duped. But of course, it depends on what you need to have the most diversified team.
  • Options
    InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    Magik is the BEST power control champ in the game. And you even don't need her dupe if you don't get hit much. Just successfully hitting the sp2 in any any game will let you win. Extremely helpful both as attacker and defender(if duped)
  • Options
    Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    Biased on Magik as she is a beast to power control a champ and as yiou have her awakened, her limbo makes fighting against her oh a pain in the butt.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Magik. No one can keep an opponent in the corner and just beat on them like magik.
  • Options
    Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    Thanks a lot fellas, really appreciate it!
  • Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Both are great but Magik can be used against pretty much anyone, S.S can be sort of situational. I'm guessing you are newer and ranking a 4 star, Magik will be more helpful until you build some depth to your roster.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Magik is much more straightforward, S.S more complicated.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Magik
  • Options
    UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    It depends.

If you need prestige and can evade specials SS is better. He’s also easier to use, especially on stun immune nodes (e.g Medusa boss). Magik is great but has low prestige and needs more time to master overall
  • Options
    1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Magik is one of the beginning gun in MW2 online -- may be old or from the beginning of the game but it never goes out of style. Sym is case specific. Also when is power lock not useful?
  • Options
    @Whathappened Hi, I've been playing since the beginning actually and have both champs at R4 and symbiote is unduped. I agree with the cases for both thats why it makes it harder to decide. My current R5's are: Blade, Void, CG, Ghost, Emma. Also I run path 4 in AW and need a champ if and when I come up against medusa or hyperion. Also my other options are Domino, Aegon, Sparky.
  • Options
    Symbiot Supreme
  • Options
    Minkl3 wrote: »
    @Whathappened Hi, I've been playing since the beginning actually and have both champs at R4 and symbiote is unduped. I agree with the cases for both thats why it makes it harder to decide. My current R5's are: Blade, Void, CG, Ghost, Emma. Also I run path 4 in AW and need a champ if and when I come up against medusa or hyperion. Also my other options are Domino, Aegon, Sparky.

Well if you are wanting to counter Medusa and Hyperion Sym Supreme will be much better against Medusa and pretty good against Hyperion, I tend to like Magik better against Hyperion than SS but like Void better than both. If it's war alone is your criteria then I'd go for SS. When he's useful he's crazy good, you have void for the utility. I haven't ran path 4 in ages so I can't remember the nodes.. Good luck.
  • Options
    @Minkl3 what about Killmonger? He's great against Medusa and can tank Hyperion special 3 and pairs great with Void. I have both at r5 and love them. Only problem with Killmonger is you have to be boosted through the roof for a Medusa boss.
  • Options
    ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    How about wait until act6 release. Maybe Symbiote supreme is MVP then
  • Options
    Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    Magik, symbiote supreme is good, yes, but Magik is able to counter most challenging Champions.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for your input guys, really appreciate it!
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Wow, apples to oranges. Magik is the ultimate power controller, and SS is the ultimate buff controller. I find that buff control may be more useful in uncollected questing, not to mention SS does energy damage by which you can counter Korg. I have the ability to awaken my 5* SS, so I might be a bit biased. I do have awakened 5* 3/45 Magik, and I don’t feel that tempted to bring her up.
  • Options
    Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    edited March 2019
    Symbiote supreme has much better damage potential (some of the best bleeds, especially with dw), some great power steal , sp3 tanking, energy attacks only, one of the best buff controllers, powerful sp2, some perfect block and very high prestige. All magik has is a bit of buff control, unreliable regen and the best power control. People say magik is better because we have known for so long how amazing she is. But, it’s time for people to move on and admit sym supreme is an overall better champion.

*coming from someone with a r4 5* duped sym sup and a r5 4* magik.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Magik is the BEST power control champ in the game. And you even don't need her dupe if you don't get hit much. Just successfully hitting the sp2 in any any game will let you win. Extremely helpful both as attacker and defender(if duped)

Common misconception Dormmamu is better at power control
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Symbiote Supreme and Magik both but Sym first
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    If Domino is an option, and you struggle against Medusa, I have a two hit medium (whose second hit can't get stunned) that I would like to introduce you to...