**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War staring times ruining the game

2»

Comments

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Start times make it hard to do map 6 since defenders are placed and attackers would be locked up for 5+ hours from war if we used them on AQ. AW start time should be the same schedule as AQ. Both noon pst.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    increase war attack to 36 hours and have 36 hours for defense placement. That would take care of all time zone issues and would allow more "relax" time away from war for some of us. Yes it means a champion could be stuck in attack phase longer but I prefer that because of the hassles of having a dictated time
  • DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    edited February 2019
    It’s not awful for me personally being in central time but I do miss being able to start war in the evening after class and all was done for the day. I think the enlistment system is a good idea and good way to reduce matchmaking collusion when it arises, but a lot of us in my alliance are in other time zones so I get how it messes them up. I’d still rather have it so we can start later in the day. Suggestion on how to rectify this- maybe make it so the enlistment system has an option to enlist in a certain time zone or region. Games I play on Xbox work like that for matchmaking- you set yourself to a certain region to reduce ping. I’d implement a system where you enlist to wars in certain regions- maybe like North America, Europe, and so on. Then each region has a set start time roughly close to the respective time zones. Of course, this is a rough idea of how it would work, there’d be technicalities to work around but that’s how I’d do it in general.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    The simplest solution is just make defense phase 24 hours again.

It’ll be as though, in the old system, that everyone matched once it was available.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Hey @Voltolos , thanks for dropping by with all those comments from Miike.

@Theduder55 - We are actively listening to you all and absolutely taking every point of comment/suggestion/feedback you give us about this. We understand this hasn't been an ideal situation for many and we are hearing your voices in it. We are listening and we are discussing it profoundly with the rest of the team.

Are you actively listening to all of us concerning the champion challenge as well? You seem awfully quiet about that.

What are we saying about the champion challenge?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I am fortunate enough that the war suits my timing so I can't complain much. What I CAN complain about is that war is not starting at the time kabam promised us it would start. The matchmaking period is supposed to start from 11am-3pm PST, so it makes sense that the war timing would start around that timing as well. HOWEVER, what we are getting is wars starting between 8am and 12am PST (I assume, because I'm not in that timezone so I can only guess). Which is not what kabam promised.
  • MrsGondola420MrsGondola420 Posts: 149
    My main problem is that every war will basically start at different times depending on when you're matched and stuff. Its one thing to have players adjust timing and stuff, people can rearrange and make it work eventually. But if the timing is different every war, how is anyone supposed to make plans?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Hey @Voltolos , thanks for dropping by with all those comments from Miike.

@Theduder55 - We are actively listening to you all and absolutely taking every point of comment/suggestion/feedback you give us about this. We understand this hasn't been an ideal situation for many and we are hearing your voices in it. We are listening and we are discussing it profoundly with the rest of the team.

Are you actively listening to all of us concerning the champion challenge as well? You seem awfully quiet about that.

What's there to say about the champion challenge? Epic should be nerfed? Maybe change it to epicish? They are listening to us about war because it's disrupting people's lives and hurting alliances. They aren't going to pay much attention when people complain that the hardest content (which they told us most would fail to complete) is too hard for them.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    PERFECT start time for Central Us time, and we have a guy from India, Australia, London, and Lebanon. and all US start times in our BGs.

We all finished the war before bed in two BGs.

It should stay the same.. or start it the EXACT time of the AQ..

AQ has started the same time for years... War starting at or near the same time makes it really easy to knock two birds out with one login.. everyone whining is just going to make it more difficult.

Everyone has diff work schedules and life schedules, but there are 24 hours in war.. everyone has 24 hours to move and get it done.

I hear everyone complaining, but the same list would be as long if mcoc asked, what do you think about our AW setup previously, if not more. This is a lot better. Keep it how it is.. it keeps everyone on same playing field and eliminates chances for collusion..

We want to see the top 10 face eachother, not the 1-2-3 all start at diff times.. it’s easy to find out when an alliance is ending war, because it will show their updated score and people use that and evade them.. this is the best, most equal way to do it.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    with the old times i was able to contribute right after work, before going to bed, first thing in the morning and lunch hour. Sometimes i could sneak away for the end of war mid afternoon to help defeat the boss.

With the forced times I would be able to contribute first thing in the morning, lunch, dinner and before going to bed. it is slated to end before i wake up in the morning.

Previously i could do 4 times with the 4th time playing within a couple of hours of end of war, 5 sometimes to defeat the boss within minutes of the end of war.

With the new times I will be able to do 4 times never 5 (I'm not going to start getting up early just so i can play a game). The big difference though is i will be 6-7 hours away from the end of war....that will be the difference between making it 2/3rd of the way there and getting to the boss.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Well the new system has led to other reactions. AW rating if it dictates tier and multiplier would address tanking (not sure why anyone really cares) and swapping to a shell with a lower AW rating which under the current system is smart and I begrudge no one for doing it. As far as “cheating” and collusion goes the match system was broken before. It was in no way fair to high or low rated alliances before.

0700 star time is a joke. War typically started at 4 hour later or more depending on search in my time zone. Delay the season to fix that and figure out why tanking and shell swapping is the best solution to the new match system. It’s a smart play. It’s been set up to heavily favor a low Aw rating.
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    Voltolos wrote: »
    It has not worked well with top alliances who have been able to cheat because of the old system

And top alliances make up of what 1 percent of player base?

Even so, I’m sure they aren’t happy with this either. It should be based on alliances, not kabam
  • Hi all,

We appreciate your feedback and for any additional updates on potential changes, please keep an eye on the official announcement thread.
This discussion has been closed.