**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Multiple-version champions - inflation growing strong in MCOC

So I just saw that new Cpt. Marvel is basically confirmed as new character to be add in next month. And I can't help but notice there is something wrong about that.

So we already have 3 versions of Cpt.Marvel original character. Even if I drop Kamala, there is still 2 versions which are the exact same character with almost exact same abilities, only dressed differently. All 3 versions are now in MCOC for a long time, meaning probably majority of people have them, at least one of them. And let's be honest, they are all VERY mediocre champions, Kamala is actually considered one of the most disappointing (not saying worst) champions of all time.
And yet, we are getting 4th version. Why, I ask? Why do we need 3th version of THE SAME EXACT CHARACTER dressed differently (dropping Kamala again) ? This seems to me like such a betrayal on both Cpt. Marvel and Ms. Marvel. Kabam, you are creating new, very probably much better version (or at least modern, up-to-date and adapted on current state of game ->none of those things we can say about old versions) of the same Marvel character, this time - wait for it - with loose hair! We really are craving for all those new hairstyles! Sorry about the sarcams but do you even get the point? Are you aware that only message you sent out is "We don't care about all the old Cpt.Marvels, no buff is coming, we created new one instead" ?

ohdcvanzn632.jpg

Now seriously, this is becoming very tedious and boring issue in the contest. Kabam is replicating the same champions, new versions are always far better (which would be understandable) with old ones left to rot in inventory forever with no chance to be buffed in the future.
And this is not the first time it's gonna happen, remember Spider-man anyone? We had Spidey classic. We had Spidey symbiote. We had Miles Morales. For years, those champs are actually unusable for any progress-content except AW defense (maybe except very short period of time when Symbiote was considered good. Very short.) So what did Kabam do? They gave us Starky. And don't get me wrong, I do love him, he is arguably on of the best champs in the game. But we can't ignore the fact that him being created practically doomed all of those 3 other Spider-mans to eternal trash. Cpt. Amreica IW sent both other Captains to vacation-again no chance for them to get better. Iron man IW - same case, classic IM, superior IM, Iron Patriot, they are identical. None of them will be buffed probably cause we have IMIW. Now I'm afraid the same is gonna happen with Cpt. Marvel.
As I mentioned, what I don't like the most about all this is the message Kabam is sending out - we are not gonna buff your stored champions, we may create some superior version in the future, but those you already have will always be as they are - useless. Wasted pulls.

With each champion added to crystal pool, chance to get some specific champion you want (just because you simply love the Marvel character which is probably the reason we are all playing this game, isn't it?) is getting smaller. Fact, that we have 4 versionsof for example Spider-man and only 1 on them is actually good and desired meaning you have already very small chance to pull Spider-man character and even if you do pulll him, only 25% chance that you will be able to actually use him in the game.

Now we have Daredevil twins. Magneto twins. Cyclops twins. Cpt. Colossus twins. Cpt. America - 3 versions. Iron man - 4 versions. Spidey - 4 versions. Captain Marvel...?
The most of all above champions (except CAIW,IMIW and Starky - who again have very clearly demonstrated best versions of themselves, which is always also the newest version of themselves, leaving others bite a dust) are basically different outfit copies of the exact same character. And we can see very clear on examples of Cpt. America, Iron man and Spider-man what happens to the old versions, when superior comes out. Nothing. What I just mentioned includes more than 20 characters. There is like 140 characters in MCOC now(rounded)? That's not a small %, not a small amount, that's quite a lot of spots in your possible pulls taken by mostly very mediocre, unoriginal champs. Not the way to go, Kabam. Something to think about.

Comments

• Synergies are the best way that Kabam can revive old characters. Fingers crossed for new CM synergies!
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    I'm okay with Kabam introducing a movie version of Captain Marvel.

I'm NOT okay with Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel being a carbon copy of each other. A reskin.
    That's lazy and pathetic.

Cyclops too. Magneto... what was the minimal change made to these two? A synergy change and a slight variation on how his passive ability works? C'mon...

New Version of Captain Marvel for the movie? Cool...
    But change the others.

Ms. Marvel - make her absorb non-magical energy attacks whether she's blocking or not.
    Update her furt and critical rating. Otherwise leave as is.

Captain Marvel - Complete revamp of the character. THIS should be your movie version and perhaps do exactly what her movie-trailer 'Super Saiyan' moment is hinting at: a glimpse of her Binary power.
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    Nothing wrong with having the same number of Captain Marvel variants as Captain America.... imho.
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    Magonus wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with having the same number of Captain Marvel variants as Captain America.... imho.

that's very ridiculous logic but okay... anyway my point kinda was that having 3 Captain America is also pretty dumb, so making equal number of Cpt. Marvel doesn't make it better actually...
  • VorvancosVorvancos Posts: 22
    CPT.MARVEL (movie) = epic fail
    CPT.MARVEL (Endgame) = classic kabam
    Money 💰 Cash 💴 Money 💵 Cash
    New champ = spend Money and buy crystals with high chance of 0.2% of getting a new champ. Then the likes of seatins will make another video opening with sponsored money a ton of crystals, get that new character, and entice 14yr olds to gamble. Nice work Kabam

This is quite obvious, yet it doesn't make much sense to mention it for this particular topic as I'm not against adding new champ in the game (which would still followed the rules you mentioned above), but I'm questioning whether ANOTHER version of Cpt. Marvel (or other already existing champions) even counts as a "new" champ, when there are tons of possible characters in Marvel that can be addded instead.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I don't think there is anything wrong with adding the movie versions, I like it old champs are old champs new champs are exciting. I think Kabam has done a great job on the new champs over the past 2 years overall.
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything wrong with adding the movie versions, I like it old champs are old champs new champs are exciting. I think Kabam has done a great job on the new champs over the past 2 years overall.

That's actually good point, they did a good job on most of new characters, yet when they presented Variant quest, probably the most difficult content there is so far, the significant part of rewards are rank up gems that of course force you to rank up only 2015 champions :wink: what does it say about how they really wish you to enjoy their new, objectively better champions?
  • Drstu3000Drstu3000 Posts: 31
    Aw yass every attack grants unstoppable, bleed immune as well as poison immune, L3 special scenematic is 45 min of Endgame footage
    I dont usually read long ass posts like that but i agree with every word u just said, im fact this is something that bothers me deeply in this game

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone in this :smile:
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Multiple versions of the same character can for the most part be annoying, I dont see much difference between the two current Cap/Ms Marvel - Magnetos - Cyclops - Cap America/WW2 - IronMan/Superior IronMan.

But when you look at the difference between Spiderman vs Stark Spiderman, Cap America vs Cap America IW, IronMan vs IronMan IW, then sure it works.

We need to see the difference between the current and the planned before we can say it's a good thing or a bad thing
  • By buffing existing champs that majority of players have they won't be able to sell FGMCs. That's your answer.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    It’s for money and promotion
  • I get why you would introduce Starkey (Stark built a new suit), Cap IW (doesn't have his shield) and Iron Man IW (new nanotech suit) but I really don't get why they would introduxmce a completely new Cap Marvel, just revamp her and make her as awesome as you would if you made a movie version of the character.

This is a game that is fundamentally about collecting champions, and it puzzles you why the developers would make a new version of Captain Marvel when they are given a golden opportunity to do so with cross-marketing mandates?
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Two new champs a month, random "deals" better than the last one a few months ago, with a playerbase that has whales willing to drop $200 to 1k+ a month to try to pull the new champ or keep up with these deals. Kabam will stick to this champ production rate until from their perspective, their efforts on new character building aren't netting the money they are used to receiving.

Unsurprisingly this game is catered towards spenders. Whether it's boost usage, really deep rosters, or great diverse champion rank ups money speeds it up 5+ times.

Buffing old duplicate champs likely won't come about when there are people willing to pay big bucks for new champs. Until the older or more recent whales lose interest in flexing their roster and getting the latest champ in hopes to claim master level rewards will things become "cheaper" for the more free to play leaning playerbase.

Also, in my opinion, as long as the black market farmers aren't addressed, and certain whales continue to benefit from it, the wider playerbase will continue to feel further left behind
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    peasant wrote: »
    Also, in my opinion, as long as the black market farmers aren't addressed, and certain whales continue to benefit from it, the wider playerbase will continue to feel further left behind

Not just black market farmers, but also those with 3rd party bot app which allows player to kill every champs in one hit or making opponents standstill.