**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I was this close...now I'm THIS close...

6l7ehiydk1bf.jpg

Please take this as constructive. Just for the record, I'm endgamish (Unchallenged, Elder's Bane, 2 paths on LOL, middle of Variant). My skills aren't elite but I'm not a slouch either. Recently stepped down from a Plat3/Gold1 alliance to reduce the grind.

AOW and Brawl are not fun mechanics. I can handle them skill wise but, frankly, I'd rather just quit the game. Seriously stupid. Tired of RNG dictating crystals AND fight mechanics.

There are other mechanics that are very high risk but are really quite fun and skill oriented (e.g., Aspect of Death, Aspect of Evolution, Aspect of Chaos, Aspect of Nighmares). You've done a poor job in some cases of balancing champion abilities versus nodes (e.g., Hyperion on AOW, Rogue with Brawl, AOW, and Invade). Props on Mr. Sinister FTW - he's completely skill.

Forced damage is also getting out of control. Why must I fight a jacked up Iceman every single 3.2? It's tedious. I'm starting to roll my eyes at the same cliche's month-after-month.

I won't comment on the game lag and connection issues, but it's tough right now to want to play.

TL;DR - Please reconsider your thinking on game mechanics. A great game is losing steam due to ill considered mechanics and node interactions.

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    I always have said that certain champs dont work well with the nodes as they are either unpredictable or op to a point where ppl wanna rage quit.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Shroud1969 wrote: »
    6l7ehiydk1bf.jpg

Please take this as constructive. Just for the record, I'm endgamish (Unchallenged, Elder's Bane, 2 paths on LOL, middle of Variant). My skills aren't elite but I'm not a slouch either. Recently stepped down from a Plat3/Gold1 alliance to reduce the grind.

AOW and Brawl are not fun mechanics. I can handle them skill wise but, frankly, I'd rather just quit the game. Seriously stupid. Tired of RNG dictating crystals AND fight mechanics.

There are other mechanics that are very high risk but are really quite fun and skill oriented (e.g., Aspect of Death, Aspect of Evolution, Aspect of Chaos, Aspect of Nighmares). You've done a poor job in some cases of balancing champion abilities versus nodes (e.g., Hyperion on AOW, Rogue with Brawl, AOW, and Invade). Props on Mr. Sinister FTW - he's completely skill.

Forced damage is also getting out of control. Why must I fight a jacked up Iceman every single 3.2? It's tedious. I'm starting to roll my eyes at the same cliche's month-after-month.

I won't comment on the game lag and connection issues, but it's tough right now to want to play.

TL;DR - Please reconsider your thinking on game mechanics. A great game is losing steam due to ill considered mechanics and node interactions.

Be creative on how to get passed some of these obstacles you mentioned. Thats what everyone else did when they beat Variant.

Its better than complaining and blaming the difficultness on the devs...thats just being a victim.

• Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    @Nabz034 Thanks for the thoughtful comment. I looked up your profile and respect your commitment.

Please re-read - I wasn't complaining that I couldn't complete it or about Variant. I have and will (actually I only mentioned Variant to indicate that I wasn't a noob).

This was meant as constructive criticism regarding node and champion (mechanics) combinations relying on RNG to complete, where skill and difficulty aren't the core issue. These types of mechanics are tedious. Non-skill. It's just not fun, for me at least - and likely a whole bunch of others not in the 1% tier.

• SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Op, good thoughtful post. I took it as constructive criticism and not at all playing the victim.

I guess it’s just dependant on your vantage poin. Clearly, if you have a full team of 5/65s then you can clear most current content pretty easily.

I’ve completed everything you have, and 100%ed the captain marvel quest last night, I agree that some of the nodes just feel thrown together at times.

It sometimes feels that node combinations put together to counter some champs just mean that others can deal with them fairly easily. I have 4 5/65 champs so was fortunate with the quest this time around as I have Magik and Stark Spidey amongst them.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Shroud1969 wrote: »
    @Nabz034 Thanks for the thoughtful comment. I looked up your profile and respect your commitment.

Please re-read - I wasn't complaining that I couldn't complete it or about Variant. I have and will (actually I only mentioned Variant to indicate that I wasn't a noob).

This was meant as constructive criticism regarding node and champion (mechanics) combinations relying on RNG to complete, where skill and difficulty aren't the core issue. These types of mechanics are tedious. Non-skill. It's just not fun, for me at least - and likely a whole bunch of others not in the 1% tier.

It is a bit tedious but that's the game...ever hear the saying "if you can't beat them, join them"? Couldn't be any truer for this. Just have to find a way to be better. Its problem solving is al and there is a lot of info out there to help.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I agree 100 percent on this
  • 3* Ghost works.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    3* Ghost works.

What if you dont have Ghost. No 3 or 4 star. No 5 or 6 star. Have about the synergies needed.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    3* Ghost works.

What if you dont have Ghost. No 3 or 4 star. No 5 or 6 star. Have about the synergies needed.

People just think everyone has the top champs.

Read a post earlier about beating the captain marvel quest without the “god tier champs” but all the descriptions were using said champs.

I just found that very funny.

The one good thing I’ve learned from the forums and this game is that if it’s too difficult just leave it alone.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    the only node i've ever felt as tedious is brawl.

it's a poor mechanic, it should be 5 seconds on 10 seconds off as it's written. if they made that change i'd be okay with it.

Aspect of War is fine with me - and I like that they force you hone in on skills like intercepts of that nature. If everything was the same it'd be stale and then people would quit.