**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus Glaive damage

Has anyone else noticed Corvus doing less damage with 3 stacks of cruelty than he does with 2 stacks of cruelty? I’m gonna try to get it on video later today, but I noticed it doing a couple paths of EQ. It wasn’t against Havok either as I know he reduces critical damage rating by 50%.

Comments

• Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    I didnt notice anything for Corvus but i did notice Domino's S2 is nowhere near what it was a few weeks ago.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Something weird is happening with his armour break. It doesn't seem to affect damage as i would expect in some fights.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It really deppend on the enemy and nodes you were fightning against ... other than that, I don't see why you would deal less damage.
    But yes, try to post the video
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Str wrote: »
    Something weird is happening with his armour break. It doesn't seem to affect damage as i would expect in some fights.

I’m not entirely sure as they don’t really describe “True Damage” in his abilities, but assuming it’s basically True Strike minus being able to ignore evade/autoblock, True Damage should ignore all armor and resistances anyways, therefore armor breaks should not increase his damage(maybe only on his non-glaive first light attack). His sp1 does gain attack rating if the opponent has an armor break, but other than that, I think his armor break is more for the utility of removing armor stacks than for increasing his damage.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Armor break in general is somehow bug when combined with physical resistance. Is in teh game for some years now
    Armor break in general is somehow bug when combined with physical resistance. Is in teh game for some years now

This could’ve been the cause of it then. The first time I noticed it was in Master EQ 2.2. Fought SL with 2 charges, then a Rulk and Gambit afterwards with 3 charges(no nodes otherwise). Did more damage against the SL than Rulk and Gambit. I know Rulk and Gambit have physical resistance in their abilities, but I figured True Damage is supposed to ignore that. The second time I noticed was in Master 2.1. Fought Rocket with 2 charges, then the Sabretooth boss with 3 charges. I guess the fact that Rocket has no armor could’ve affected it, but again I figured True Damage should make it a non-factor. This was a significant difference too as I don’t usually pay too much attention to the damage numbers(3k+ medium with 2 charges vs 2k+ medium with 3 charges, both while outside of assassin range). When I record the video, I’m gonna try a different path where armor/physical resistance shouldn’t be a factor(though I still believe it never should be with True Damage).
    Just ran through several fights again and got it on video. This time, he didn’t do less damage with 3 charges than with 2, but he only did like 100 more damage with 3 charges than with 2, which still isn’t right. The first two fights are with 2 charges, the third one with 3.

https://youtu.be/TI9E5Em1pFA
    Presticles wrote: »
    Yeah it doesn't seem to be much but they're also different champions. Can you compare the charge difference on the same characters? Maybe find a level that would allow you to get 3 charges on the same path but skip one of the fights the first time to only get 2 charges.

Yeah I could do the same path and just use a different champ where I would’ve gotten a third charge. Even with the two different champs though, I feel like it shows that something’s not right there.
    Here’s the same Falcon fight with only 2 charges. He does still seem to do more damage with 3(no idea what happened the first time I noticed it), but his mediums only do 187 more damage with 3 charges than with 2? That doesn’t seem right at all.

https://youtu.be/OWwZ_f-qHKg
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    I think Armor Break shouldn't effect Corvus' damage because he has True damage which ignores all Armor. Armor break just removes the Armor of the Champion, but Corvus already ignores Armor so should not have any effect.
  • GalloFenixGalloFenix Posts: 15
    They are getting “fixed”.
    I saw on another thread that OG Thor’s abilities describe true damage as ignoring armor, so that would imply it does not ignore resistances. It would be nice to have that added to Corvus’ description as well. Since all champions have varying degrees of physical and energy resistance that aren’t displayed an ability descriptions, with the exception of some champs having “additional resistance”, why not show their resistance ratings along with the other stats like attack, armor, block prof, etc?
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Nabz034 wrote: »
    I didnt notice anything for Corvus but i did notice Domino's S2 is nowhere near what it was a few weeks ago.

It was nerfed but only the taunt
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Nabz034 wrote: »

It was nerfed but only the taunt

That is completely wrong they actually fixed the taunt so it shows now they just changed the text description of the sp2 to match what was happening in game
  • RobenRoben Posts: 2
    Please Kabam ...Something weird is happening with his armour break. It doesn't seem to affect damage as i would expect in some fights.
  • RobenRoben Posts: 2
    Please Kabam ...Something weird is happening with his armour break. It doesn't seem to affect damage as i would expect in some fights.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Armour break is reducing damage on my corvus too. Armour break on Medusa is also not increasing damage.

Also Thor rags with hela synergy is only healing in two out of three fights.

Basic fixes needed.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    @Kenny292 Did you ever think you did more damage specifically because Corvus had the class advantage on SL and not Rulk and Gambit? Just saying.

As for Armor Break, I can answer that one.

Enemies have base Armor rating, which Corvus completely ignores. Corvus's Armor Breaks are weak, so if the Armor Break would not reduce the enemy's base Armor below 0, it doesn't affect the damage output. However, if you stack multiple Armor Breaks and get their Armor rating below 0, then Corvus will do more damage than usual.
    YoMoves wrote: »
    @Kenny292 Did you ever think you did more damage specifically because Corvus had the class advantage on SL and not Rulk and Gambit? Just saying.

As for Armor Break, I can answer that one.

Enemies have base Armor rating, which Corvus completely ignores. Corvus's Armor Breaks are weak, so if the Armor Break would not reduce the enemy's base Armor below 0, it doesn't affect the damage output. However, if you stack multiple Armor Breaks and get their Armor rating below 0, then Corvus will do more damage than usual.

That was why I didn’t think much of it at first, although I think the extra charge should’ve made a bigger difference than the class advantage, but I don’t know that for sure. That was only the first time I noticed it and simply thought it was just a little odd, but what about the other cases?