**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    wwjdHEMI wrote: »
    Who cares about war anyway??
    Play map7 for 1 day and you get better rewards from the m7 crystals as whole season P3.

cus well most of us dont want the BS, stress and frustrations from playing map7.
    hense why we are unhappy the changes to war make more stress and headache.
    for most of us more stress and headache = less fun and enjoyment
    I was originally pretty upset with the timings.
    matchups haven’t been that bad so far although last war there was about a 70 point war rating difference so whilst not ideal it’s nothing compared to what I have seen.
    What I have noticed however is that we have already semi adapted to our new time slots and tend to finish our BG’s with 2-3 hours to spare, both the alliances we have faced were similar and neither seemed to have many issues on getting through the nodes and paths.
    Alliance is predominantly U.S based with around a dozen or so Aussies so might be easier to work around then some others but I’m more inclined to see how this evolves then I was a couple of days ago, generally we fight in the 7-9 range though so I do understand it’s a little more complicated for others then it would be for our alliance.
    Only a small snapshot so far but I will say I think a few of us have jumped the gun a little in regards to the outrage that was in the immediate aftermath of the rollout, people are creatures of habit, changing the starting times may have shocked a fair amount of people into an immediate overreaction. My self included.

while you might be right to atleast a point.
    it doesnt change the fact that we shouldnt have to adapt.
    the whole collusion thing was a problem only for alliances in t3-t1.
    now this system negatively impacts alliances everywhere.

surely there was a better solution to fix the problem
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    STOP THIS NONSENSE. WE WANT THE OLD MATCHFINDER BACK!
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    While I understand and fully support the delay of AW season 8 if it comes to it, kabam will need to address the overflow of items that will expire which were purchased for AW.

No, I don’t need those items for map5 (or 6), so don’t tell me that I can use them there.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    if the time start/end is not going to be changed then they have to make timers for energy refresh shorter simple
  • 1Jo1Jo Posts: 30
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Fabi1989 wrote: »
    Change paths, problem solved.

You play Low Tier or?? Where you can beat every champ/Node with every Champ

That would be incorrect.

But you’re now quoting me out of context, I’m simply saying it’s not “unplayable” as people are carrying on about.

Plus as I’ve already said we run a BG with US, euro and Aussie players and it still works, haven’t had to change a thing.

So glad it works for you. You are now a minority 😂
    It doesn’t work for us and a lot of other people. We will not enlist in war just to lose, so no war is happening in our alli till kabam sort it or half the alli quits cos they are fed up.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    1Jo wrote: »
    Fabi1989 wrote: »
    Change paths, problem solved.

You play Low Tier or?? Where you can beat every champ/Node with every Champ

That would be incorrect.

But you’re now quoting me out of context, I’m simply saying it’s not “unplayable” as people are carrying on about.

Plus as I’ve already said we run a BG with US, euro and Aussie players and it still works, haven’t had to change a thing.

So glad it works for you. You are now a minority 😂
    It doesn’t work for us and a lot of other people. We will not enlist in war just to lose, so no war is happening in our alli till kabam sort it or half the alli quits cos they are fed up.

You may as well join for participation rewards. At least you get something rather than nothing; no way else to really collect loyalty. We will likely be doing the same thing.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Here’s a proposed solution: I like the idea of having a “waiting room” so what if there was an enlistment phase from 12pm to 3pm EST (since AQ begins at 3pm for me). Then from 3pm to 4:30pm EST, Kabam can configure an algorithm so that alliances with similar prestige’s would match with each other. After that, War will begin for everybody at 4:30pm EST.
  • Mechanech1Mechanech1 Posts: 12
    Is there anyway you can adjust the starting time of wars? Having these early placement/attack phases are totally messing up our alliance. We are a group from various areas and job scheduling. It took use sometime to figure out our best time so all could place and participate. Now with this early morning start time we are getting all kinds of messed up and having missing participants. I applaud the change you've made, but its hurting alliances too.
  • silversterlingsilversterling Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    What is this mess??? War placement began at 3pm CST yesterday. I login this morning and Attack started at 10:30 AM! I've had no time to check arrangement of my team's defense. What happened to 24 hour placement???? We were already unhappy with our last war ending at noon. Now it's gonna be 10:30am? We aren't even done with AQ! I'm all for making positive changes. But, this is an EPIC FAIL! PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!
  • MazzlesMazzles Posts: 8
    By far one of the worst things to happen to the game. My alliance worked out the best time to start war for us all. Now we all can’t play. Nice one Kabam.
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    edited February 2019
    We skipped the last war of the pre-season...

And the war before that, I slept through the end of it. That being said, it ended 8 hours earlier than the wars we launched based on our preferences...
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Play map7 for 1 day and you get better rewards from the m7 crystals as whole season P3.

Considering no one has opened map7 crystals yet.. how do you know if they are better or not?
    hurry up make a decision please, we need to know if the season is being delayed or not, so we know how battlegroups to enlist for Wednesdays war.
    A lot of other alliances will be needing to know too that only play 3 groups in the season like us.
    @Kabam Miike

Considering no one has opened map7 crystals yet.. how do you know if they are better or not?

they have got them, the alliances playing map 7 get one for every bg that clears every day, just like map 5 and map 6 alliances
  • Our alliance has been getting the same opponent in the past three wars and the result has been disastrous for us. Exactly How is this new matchmaking better?
  • Is there any chance this is just a trial period? My alliance is talking about doing AQ only now because we are struggling to finish maps in AW with the time zone issues.
  • RudeaziRudeazi Posts: 14
    In my Alliance there are members from the US (Pacific, Midwest and South that I’m aware of), a couple in Canada, 1 in Jamaica, 1 in China, 1 in Singapore, a couple in Europe, 1 in Mexico, etc.... this is one of the more special things about this game... the international friendships you make... it’s bad enough that the lack of reasonable between War breaks have fatigued some of us to the point of retirement, but this (seemingly) arbitrary War scheduling system that’s in place now threatens to tear us apart... No negativity from me guys... but let’s fix this.
  • Markjv81 wrote: »
    Wow you guys overreact about everything.

This has made war unplayable for a lot of people, and Kabam is actually listening. This was the appropriate reaction.

See overreaction. “Unplayable” is complete non sense, we have 1 US BG, 1 Aussie BG and a mixed US, euro, Aussie BG. In both wars all bg have 100% in a similar time frame as before the change, our opponents have also done the same.

Is it different?? Yes
    Will it require some small adjustments?? Yes
    Is it unplayable?? Not even remotely.

I can say the same thing about unplanned server downtime.
  • Is there any chance this is just a trial period? My alliance is talking about doing AQ only now because we are struggling to finish maps in AW with the time zone issues.

It was not a trial period, but Kabam said last week they were taking feedback into consideration for possible changes to a number of aspects of the new system, including the match making schedule.
  • Siliyo wrote: »
    Here’s a proposed solution: I like the idea of having a “waiting room” so what if there was an enlistment phase from 12pm to 3pm EST (since AQ begins at 3pm for me). Then from 3pm to 4:30pm EST, Kabam can configure an algorithm so that alliances with similar prestige’s would match with each other. After that, War will begin for everybody at 4:30pm EST.

According to Kabam, the infrastructure can't support starting all the wars simultaneously. Some people in the thread seem to think that they are somehow wrong, but that's completely irrelevant. If Kabam thinks the servers cannot handle that possibility, there's literally no way to convince them to do it.
  • I was originally pretty upset with the timings.
    matchups haven’t been that bad so far although last war there was about a 70 point war rating difference so whilst not ideal it’s nothing compared to what I have seen.
    What I have noticed however is that we have already semi adapted to our new time slots and tend to finish our BG’s with 2-3 hours to spare, both the alliances we have faced were similar and neither seemed to have many issues on getting through the nodes and paths.
    Alliance is predominantly U.S based with around a dozen or so Aussies so might be easier to work around then some others but I’m more inclined to see how this evolves then I was a couple of days ago, generally we fight in the 7-9 range though so I do understand it’s a little more complicated for others then it would be for our alliance.
    Only a small snapshot so far but I will say I think a few of us have jumped the gun a little in regards to the outrage that was in the immediate aftermath of the rollout, people are creatures of habit, changing the starting times may have shocked a fair amount of people into an immediate overreaction. My self included.

At least in my battlegroup our alliance made adjustments to deal with the new timing. It is generally always *possible* to do so, and we were able to do that but the fact that we can complete glosses over the actual problems. In order to complete, we now *must* race to finish all the critical paths before people sign off. If there's ever a hitch, we now have almost no margin for error to try to catch up the next morning, because there is no next morning. And we've lost the tactical option of waiting on the boss. I either go in maximally boosted to try to bring that boss down before I sign off, without knowing if that is even necessary, or I hand off the boss to whoever else is going to take a swing at it much later because I won't be there at all to help at the end.

Focusing on the "can complete or not" reduces the problem to a trivialized energy-counting exercise. That was never the problem we were going to face. The problem we were going to face is that by taking away our ability to choose when to start, we were going to lose all of the options for conducting the war we crafted over basically the entire existence of alliance war. To put it another way, the new system doesn't so much hurt alliances as singular entities, it just harms members of the alliances by treating them as meaningless cogs.

Just the language alone discussing how alliances should "adapt" to the changes proves the point. Just move people, or replace them, or recruit better. The alliance can adjust by just changing the people in it. For many alliances this shuffling will be relatively painless. For others it could be quite painful. The question is whether that pain was necessary, unavoidable, and worth the benefits. It appears to be none of those things. It wasn't necessary or unavoidable: many suggestions demonstrate that. And it doesn't seem to be worth it either, given the fact that even if the changes hurt a small percentage of alliances, that number is almost certainly higher than the number affected by matchmaking manipulation. And I'm not even counting the problems with the matching system being apparently bugged itself.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Siliyo wrote: »

According to Kabam, the infrastructure can't support starting all the wars simultaneously. Some people in the thread seem to think that they are somehow wrong, but that's completely irrelevant. If Kabam thinks the servers cannot handle that possibility, there's literally no way to convince them to do it.

Kabam should learn from from their new parent company, Netmarble. Marvel Future Fight has the infrastructure to support all alliance content at the same time. However, they do not do their alliance content live as we see it. It’s cool, but if it will make the servers operate much better if we do not see each other move live, I think it should go.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    An update would be nice since the season starts in two days.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    If time stays the same, we’ll be skipping next season
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I believe kabam when they say the servers can't handle simultaneous start times. Even in aq there is always a.delay between one ending and the ability to start the next. It's not much, but 5 minutes over the span of aq is loosing 20 minutes on day 5.

Regardless, the new system should have staggered start times as others have mentioned, though this may compromise matchmaking in ways that may give out advantages to some. If the majority want to start at 12pm eastern, then those who choose to start at 4pm will have a smaller pool for matchmaking.
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    I believe kabam when they say the servers can't handle simultaneous start times. Even in aq there is always a.delay between one ending and the ability to start the next. It's not much, but 5 minutes over the span of aq is loosing 20 minutes on day 5.

Regardless, the new system should have staggered start times as others have mentioned, though this may compromise matchmaking in ways that may give out advantages to some. If the majority want to start at 12pm eastern, then those who choose to start at 4pm will have a smaller pool for matchmaking.

well they could do random times but....
    atm they start in a 4hr window from
    2am AEDT to 6am AEDT.
    before the ealiest war was 6am AEDT.
    make the 4hr window from 6am AEDT to 10am AEDT would be better than this atleast.
    atleast then peeps get war closer to wat they are used to.
    we are in t7 and have just come against an opponent, 14.5 mil same like us, WR 1767 only 20 different to us....
    so fair match.
    but these guys have not placed like 4 peeps in 1 bg.
    they have placed some 1*, 2* and 3* defenders.

firstly there is no reason to offseason tanking in t7. it is stupid and pointless at this level. it only makes things worse.
    so i feel they are only doing this due to frustration and anger over the new war system.

we will take the easy win but why would a t7 alliance sand bag when a win here would put them in t6???
  • Siliyo wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Siliyo wrote: »

Kabam should learn from from their new parent company, Netmarble. Marvel Future Fight has the infrastructure to support all alliance content at the same time. However, they do not do their alliance content live as we see it. It’s cool, but if it will make the servers operate much better if we do not see each other move live, I think it should go.

On the list of problems I foresee likely to affect AW more than AQ, this doesn't show up in the top twenty.
  • Kpatrix wrote: »
    That delay between AQ is not because every alliance AQ ends at same time. Because each ally starts their own 1st day, the actual times are varied (granted, many of them would be concentrated “somewhere around” the opening 3pm EST), and as each day progresses the times of subsequent days becomes even more spread out as the online status of officers might be from minutes to tens of minutes before starting the next AQ.

BUT, the OVERALL ENDING OF DAY-5 does in fact all end at the exact same time. Evidently no problems for their servers, because the individual day-5 rewards still come out within minutes (just the overall week rewards take time to calculate, just like the overall AW Season rewards do).

** PS: Would love to see a similar type of ENROLLMENT FOR SUBSEQUENT AQ DAYS, although allow the starting time to be decided by each alliance (and also allow an excess window of time on the back end to complete a full 24 hours for day-5, like maybe 5 days + 8 hours total in which to run 5x 24 hr AQ days).