**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Piloting

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Will this be enforced just like Aw?

same could be said if people pilot for others and not use a "bot" for arena. But that could be talked about in a later date..

We can now buy T5B from the glory store and those who rank high enough can also get T5B ranking wise

But will any actions be taken just like you did for Aw seasons? even though it did take you guys a good handful of seasons to get it rolling.

bsf2wldng7cv.jpg

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    How much aq piloting do you really believe is happening? While I don't feel account piloting is a wise choice for players it's their own choice to give their account details to another player and the forum has multiple posts from people claiming their account was hacked and champs sold. Also who do you punish the pilot the owner or the whole alliance and what do you believe is a fair punishment for this violation?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Account sharing is already punished, same difference.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Do away with all pilots for all content of the game. Yes I said it.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Dshu wrote: »
    How much aq piloting do you really believe is happening? While I don't feel account piloting is a wise choice for players it's their own choice to give their account details to another player and the forum has multiple posts from people claiming their account was hacked and champs sold. Also who do you punish the pilot the owner or the whole alliance and what do you believe is a fair punishment for this violation?

if u played the new map7, there are a lot more linked nodes compared to map6, time is also a factor.
    Rewards for T5B are looking really good for Aq

2 of the biggest game modes have been piloted heavily, AW and in Arena had huge banned wave for arena botting.

Also there are also services people will do to compete various content for people,
    Just go to ebay for example, people are selling accounts and services for Single player content like Lol,Act v and Varient.

but giving away your account info is all to the person willing to share it.
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    AQ piloting is way common lol. Just that it's not "piloting" in the same sense but "covering". To alleviate the energy coordinations on map.
    It was always a thing and never really went away as it kinda did in AW
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    i agree aq piloting needs to be looked at heavily, it is pretty stupid and ridiculous to have someone else do ingame playing in movement for you if you cant do it yourself. go back to kindergarten and relearn how to place the shape blocks into the right holes.
    edited February 2019
    *Wednesday* is typically ban day so we’ll see, keep an eye out for alliances whose members are suddenly absent. Here are some quotes from Kabam on the subject.
    chunkyb wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Account sharing is punished when it's checked in certain game modes. AQ hasn't been at the forefront since kabam started actually paying a small bit of attention to piloting and trying to crack down. Op has a valid question. Since aq is such a big deal now, it'd be nice to see some rule enforcement.

Hey All,

Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

To reiterate, do not use any software or any other kind of cheat that may exist now or in the future. Do not share your account with other players, regardless of if they are in your Alliance or not. Sharing your account even to move when you're not available, or grind in arenas when you can't, is still against the Terms of Service. This might seem victimless, but it's not fair to other players that are playing legitimately.

If you believe somebody is cheating or breaking the Terms of Service, please contact our Support team directly. Don't start a witch hunt, and let us do the investigation on it.
    Summoners,

We want to take this opportunity to remind you all that sharing your Account Information with other Summoners, including Alliance members, is against the rules, puts your account at risk, and can result in actions being taken on your Account, and your Alliance.

We are continually improving the methods that we use for the detection of cheating, including “piloting”, and also continue to refine the manner in which we address behaviours such as this. We will be taking a more aggressive stance, and escalating the punishments to individuals who we have found guilty of piloting going forward, including semi-permanent, and permanent in-game bans.

Do not share your account information with other Summoners or services found online.

• DKTDKT Posts: 13
    Map 7 isnt so bad except for the linked nodes. They add no value to the content but rather just annoy the players and cause delays. This can drive people away from the game
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    AQ piloting has been going on forever. Been in a couple alliances where it happened, and for many reasons. Guys not good enough to clear lane. Guy on vacation, but needed his prestige, family issues, conflict in time zones just to name a few. It will continue to happen.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    -sixate- wrote: »
    AQ piloting has been going on forever. Been in a couple alliances where it happened, and for many reasons. Guys not good enough to clear lane. Guy on vacation, but needed his prestige, family issues, conflict in time zones just to name a few. It will continue to happen.

yeah awhile but needs to ultimately stop for good. do all these things really cause someone not to do their part in the game? im sure other people have the same things going on and able to do their part.

• CoatHang3r wrote: »
    *Wednesday* is typically ban day so we’ll see, keep an eye out for alliances whose members are suddenly absent. Here are some quotes from Kabam on the subject.

Account sharing is punished when it's checked in certain game modes. AQ hasn't been at the forefront since kabam started actually paying a small bit of attention to piloting and trying to crack down. Op has a valid question. Since aq is such a big deal now, it'd be nice to see some rule enforcement.

Hey All,

Having multiple accounts for yourself is fine, as is playing on multiple devices with a single account. What's not alright is sharing your account with others, or using services that off to do difficult content for you. This message was a reminder to all Summoners that cheating is not okay, but if you're an honest player, you don't need to worry about it!

To reiterate, do not use any software or any other kind of cheat that may exist now or in the future. Do not share your account with other players, regardless of if they are in your Alliance or not. Sharing your account even to move when you're not available, or grind in arenas when you can't, is still against the Terms of Service. This might seem victimless, but it's not fair to other players that are playing legitimately.

If you believe somebody is cheating or breaking the Terms of Service, please contact our Support team directly. Don't start a witch hunt, and let us do the investigation on it.
    Summoners,

We want to take this opportunity to remind you all that sharing your Account Information with other Summoners, including Alliance members, is against the rules, puts your account at risk, and can result in actions being taken on your Account, and your Alliance.

We are continually improving the methods that we use for the detection of cheating, including “piloting”, and also continue to refine the manner in which we address behaviours such as this. We will be taking a more aggressive stance, and escalating the punishments to individuals who we have found guilty of piloting going forward, including semi-permanent, and permanent in-game bans.

Do not share your account information with other Summoners or services found online.

Wasn't sure if this was supposed to include my post or not. But if so, yes.. You're right. It's against the rules already. There's no way to make it more against the rules.

However, you've been around for a long time and are a very smart player. You know as well as I do that some things are well-monitored and some things haven't been as strictly watched, for one reason or another.

When war seasons became the go-to for the best rewards, a full season passed before war piloting was really scrutinized. Tons of posts were made, arguments broke out both on the forum and in chats, accusations were thrown around, and both threats to quit and assertions of "player rights" were made. Meanwhile, the first season was one of the dirtiest eras of the game. At certain levels, it was basically pilot vs pilot and then progressed to merc vs merc. I believe there was at least one time where it was merc vs himself lol. Many of the posts were closed and/or deleted for various reasons. Regardless, it was a mess.

Now, I'd like to believe we've all progressed as a community and as a game designer to a point where issues can be both foreseen and discussed (within the rules of the forum). It would be a smart move on kabam's part to act sooner than later in regards to dealing with aq piloting (if it is occurring). Better to deal with it on the front end than wait and allow it to fester as it did with season 1. Especially when you take into consideration that many players view aq piloting as a "safe" endeavor. They're not taking that viewpoint bc the rules say it's safe, they're doing it because (to my/their knowledge) it's never been punished, similar to how it wasn't a big deal during season 1.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    Why does kabam only worry about pilots in AW, with AQ becoming more powerful than AW now, kabam should be scanning across the entire realm of the game.

I know people who personally get paid for logging in to finish LOL, do Arena for the new champs, Variant, and now AQ.

KABAM has to protect the users of cheats like this and need to scan outside of AW ASAP.

The Merc Aspect of this game of logging in and a third party finish your stuff and Arena Bots both need have no place in this game and should be #1 top priority. Why isn’t it?

Please scan for all forms of piloting and ban these cheaters.

Hey All,

Summoners,

Wasn't sure if this was supposed to include my post or not. But if so, yes.. You're right. It's against the rules already. There's no way to make it more against the rules.

However, you've been around for a long time and are a very smart player. You know as well as I do that some things are well-monitored and some things haven't been as strictly watched, for one reason or another.

When war seasons became the go-to for the best rewards, a full season passed before war piloting was really scrutinized. Tons of posts were made, arguments broke out both on the forum and in chats, accusations were thrown around, and both threats to quit and assertions of "player rights" were made. Meanwhile, the first season was one of the dirtiest eras of the game. At certain levels, it was basically pilot vs pilot and then progressed to merc vs merc. I believe there was at least one time where it was merc vs himself lol. Many of the posts were closed and/or deleted for various reasons. Regardless, it was a mess.

Now, I'd like to believe we've all progressed as a community and as a game designer to a point where issues can be both foreseen and discussed (within the rules of the forum). It would be a smart move on kabam's part to act sooner than later in regards to dealing with aq piloting (if it is occurring). Better to deal with it on the front end than wait and allow it to fester as it did with season 1. Especially when you take into consideration that many players view aq piloting as a "safe" endeavor. They're not taking that viewpoint bc the rules say it's safe, they're doing it because (to my/their knowledge) it's never been punished, similar to how it wasn't a big deal during season 1.
    We’ll see tomorrow. One easy way to detect bans might be to note your place on the summoner leaderboard and check to see how many spots you’ve climbed later tomorrow. This works because in the past banned players are ineligible for the leaderboard.

If you’ve been paying attention you’d have seen people reporting that they were punished for account sharing for moving others in AQ. It’s also an abandoned practice since Kabam started enforcing account sharing.

I wouldn’t think mercs are people you can trust to convey accurate information. I can also say that arena mercing has resulted in alliance AW punishment so it is not as simple as where the sharing took place that action is taken.

Anyways screenshot your placement on the summoner leaderboard and check back in 24-36 hours. ;) *I’ve seen people reinstated on the leaderboard after time so it’s possible the practice was abandoned without notification.
  • I don't take many at their word lol. Too many trolls and people trying to get whatever advantage they can. I just want as clean of a game as is possible.

I've never seen any outside-of-war stuff result in war-related punishments, but not saying it hasn't happened. Obv I'm just a player and only have access to so much info.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »

Have you seen how many links are in map 7?
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    AQ piloting happens for sure. Whether or not people should get punished for it or how harsh they should be penalized is up to Kabam.
    I've never seen any outside-of-war stuff result in war-related punishments, but not saying it hasn't happened. Obv I'm just a player and only have access to so much info.
    It’s impacted me so there’s that. Not that I was involved just that the alliance I was in was docked when one person used an arena merc. Arena mercing has also resulted in docking for a number of other alliances.

Most people who suffer bans for account sharing just walk away and do not report to the public what happened lest they be branded, so it’s not common knowledge.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    It’s impacted me so there’s that. Not that I was involved just that the alliance I was in was docked when one person used an arena merc. Arena mercing has also resulted in docking for a number of other alliances.

Most people who suffer bans for account sharing just walk away and do not report to the public what happened lest they be branded, so it’s not common knowledge.

This is the kind of thing I love hearing about (account sharing TOS violations enforced outside of AW).
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »

I have definitely seen a good number of people blame their troubles on arena mercs, aq sharing, and other non-war-related things... only to later whisper the real reason for the war points hit. Honestly have never seen it not turn out that way personally... Like you said, hard to take some people at their word sometimes.
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    This is now the second post you put up about this man.. Not saying piloting is ok, but nobody likes snitches
This discussion has been closed.