**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• According to what was said a couple days ago @Daddylonglegs93 , that's the plan. Whether or not that will actually happen is remained to be seen. The last reply from a Mod, Kabam Miike was the 15th. It is now the 19th. It was expected that the info wasn't gonna come until at its earliest, today. We may not hear anything until tomorrow. Hopefully, and IDEALLY, this afternoon/evening PST an update on the changes will come. This thread is almost 30 pages long. I'd say about 20 of which pertain directly to this system NOT being ideal. If that's not enough I don't know what is.
  • Jcallum1982Jcallum1982 Posts: 15
    Can we please have an update our alliance are not even going to enlist in the new war season until we have some confirmation around changes etc. It's just causing us all too much stress
  • Thank you @Kabam Miike and to Kabam for listening and making adjustments
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    This is wonderful. Thank you for being so responsive to feedback and for keeping lines of communication open (no complaints here about the last few days of radio silence...holiday weekends are holiday weekends and people should enjoy them).

I don't mind Kabam encouraging deeper/varied teams by making t2a more available and using rotating boosts. I'm glad that "arbitrary scheduling difficulties" are not an added reason, though.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    soo... he is saying we get RDT's?

I just used google translate and translated it to French, then from French to Chinese, then into Arabic and back to English and that's the gist I got too.
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    To make it superfair they should make brackets in War rating, teams between 2000-2200 get matched, 2200 -2400/ 2400-2600 and so on. That way there'll be about 10 or 20 teams per bracket and you're always facing someone that would be equal strength in war rating because the team rating doesn't necessarily means they're a top team. The only bad thing is when people shell an alliance, and if that happens if probably happened once or twice per season and that's worth the Gamble
    Munrolm02 wrote: »
    To make it superfair they should make brackets in War rating, teams between 2000-2200 get matched, 2200 -2400/ 2400-2600 and so on. That way there'll be about 10 or 20 teams per bracket and you're always facing someone that would be equal strength in war rating because the team rating doesn't necessarily means they're a top team. The only bad thing is when people shell an alliance, and if that happens if probably happened once or twice per season and that's worth the Gamble

too easy to manipulate
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    edited February 2019
    🤔
    Ron_H wrote: »
    Move matchmaking back 4h more? thats even worse for players from EU

its 4 hours later I believe
  • 1982richard1982richard Posts: 32
    What a terrible choise!!!!!
    That is in the middle of the day in europe. Everybody at work or school!!! 4 hours later was a better one. This is even worse.
    Why a fixed time!? Damn this is a problem....
  • RC51RC51 Posts: 194
    edited February 2019
    @Kabam Miike is weekly maintenance starting at 3pm PST on Tuesday and stopping at 3pm PST on Wednesdays?
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    Not happy with this. The first times were difficult to say the least for our allaince, but now we have to coordinate the minis and boss in the morning when most alliance members are busy getting to work.
    I will see how it will go, before I complain more, but speaking for myself it seems to be impossible for me to complete my path without changing my personal life (getting less sleep) and I already have one of the shorter paths.

I doubt however that I will be heard by kabam
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    edited February 2019
    This is great news. I can actually participate in the last half of wars again!! I am curious why you can’t just start at the same time as AQ; seeing as how it is already a time we are all used to be structured around? Maybe this goes back to the whole “server overload thing“. Either way, much better
  • Munrolm02 wrote: »

The fairest match making system I can envision is: match by win/loss record and war rating.

In other words, consider the off season and the season to be two "seasons" and during each "season" match first war by closest war rating and all successive wars match by closest war rating out of all alliances with the same win/loss record as you. At the end of the season reset win/loss record to zero/zero (meaning: end of actual season records are reset to zero/zero, and end of off-season records are reset to zero/zero for start of new season).

You're unlikely to match against the same alliances repeatedly, the top bracket alliances must eventually face each other, and the advantage of dumping rating during off season gets significantly reduced.
  • QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    From bad to worse
    *Face palm*
  • 1Jo1Jo Posts: 30
    Woohoo thanks for the update. 🤞🏻 It works 😊
  • Ron_H wrote: »

@Kabam Miike misspoke. He means match making will start four hours later (which most people would call "pushed forward"). This means that war attack phase will now start between 11am and 3pm Pacific time, which is roughly when most wars were starting under the old system.

This is much less worse.
    I didn't mind the last set of timers but it was worse for my alliance as a whole. But this? 7 PST is 3 am here in the UK. This completely screws up my ability to play war. I used to like clearing my line before bed....or at least clear enough linked nodes to not hold up others and be able to wake up with enough energy finish my lane because I can't play at all whilst at work. This change will completely ruin my ability to play war. Amazing work.
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    Ron_H wrote: »

its 4 hours later I believe

yeah after i used time converter its indeed later..was bit confusing seeing post said moving 4h back
    QuantumBob wrote: »
    I didn't mind the last set of timers but it was worse for my alliance as a whole. But this? 7 PST is 3 am here in the UK. This completely screws up my ability to play war. I used to like clearing my line before bed....or at least clear enough linked nodes to not hold up others and be able to wake up with enough energy finish my lane because I can't play at all whilst at work. This change will completely ruin my ability to play war. Amazing work.

Will be 7pm uk time. No earlier than previously possible 😊
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    QuantumBob wrote: »

Attack phase Start now at the the old times.
    Between 7pm and 11pm in UK
    @1Jo
    Really? That's great if so. I read it as the match could start at 3am gmt if a match isn't found staight away at 7 pm PST. Hope this isn't the case
    @Fabi1989 brilliant. Guess I read it wrong. Thanks guys
    edited February 2019
    @QuantumBob it’s just the way they talk 😆 just need to pick the important info out. Google 11am PST convert and it says 7pm.
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    edited February 2019
    Maybe you forget that is just a 20h placemant phase @QuantumBob
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    It seems people will be unhappy until they can pick their own times as it used to be.. Taking the ability away from someone to choose will make them unhappy which is understandable.. Kabam has made the decision that it is better for them to make the choice for us.. so be it.. however the more you do that.. the less likely people will stick around.. why play a game where a game dictates when you can/can't play.. it doesn't really make sense to me..

This all to cut down on the cheating.. honestly I think a better way to deal with the cheating would have been to simply ban those caught for the entire season. If they were banned mistakenly, then Kabam could reinstitute the account and compensate as they did with the people wrongfully banned for quake use. This would require a lot more vigilance and work on Kabams part.. and probably much easier for them to make changes to the entire community rather than the few 100 who were taking advantage of exploits in the system.

As a community we better come to terms that Kabam is moving in the direction of dictating how/when we play this game.. Variant limited the classes we could use.. war is now dictating when we start our attacks.. It's possible soon Kabam will be controlling our champion selection for each node of any quest..
  • QuantumBob wrote: »

This has been addressed directly, but I think it is important to clarify something that appears to be confusing a lot of people. Matchmaking is when the servers do the work of figuring out which alliances fight which alliances. We the players do NOTHING during match making. This is fundamentally different than in the old system, where "match making" was when WE THE PLAYERS tried to find matches (or at least tell the servers to find one for us).

War Attack Phase always begins 20 hours after a match is found, after 20 hours of defense placement. Essentially, four hours EARLIER but the NEXT DAY.

To reiterate, the key window that everything follows from is the match making window, but during match making we the players aren't doing anything. The servers are handing out matches during this window. And unlike in the old system, attack phase doesn't start at the same time that the match is handed out. It starts twenty hours later, or in other words four hours earlier, but the next day.

Match making occurring at 3pm to 7pm Pacific time means actual war attack phases will start four hours earlier, between 11am and 3pm depending on when your particular alliances gets their match.