**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time for a quality of life change

It's been about three years since mastery have come out, but for the longest time we have been requesting one change to masteries. We need preset mastery tabs. Many people change their masteries when going from war to arena to alliance quest etc etc, and it's costly. I know Kabam is a business so I'm going to give 2 potential changes that Kabam can also make money off of while giving us the ability.

A.) Sell us preset slots for cash.
Each slot would cost $xx or xxx units (for the free to play members of the community) with a max of 2, the one we already have counts as one so you can have [up to] 3.
Following this whenever you change it doesn't cost anything or if you really want to capitalize off of us lets so 5-10 units.

B.) Give us 3(?) mastery preset slots for free and we can modify them as we please. With this since you're not making the initial investment of us buying the slots, you make it more expensive to change masteries while still keeping it more affordable then actually changing all your trees, so lets say 45 units.

While this is a small but very sought after change, Kabam may lose profits from people changing masteries for a cheaper cost now. To counter this I would make the argument that a major deterrent of changing masteries from game mode to game mode is time, I'm not going to spend 3-5 minutes changing masteries from arena to do 1 fight in alliance quest. But if I could change masteries with a single touch and a set price I along with many other members of the community, especially the end game community, will be more likely to do so because of the time it saves doing this in one touch.

Comments

• CobsCobs Posts: 103
    Couldnt agree more, this would be the single biggest thing kabam could do to improve my overall gaming experience atm. Ill often change masteries a few times per war, cost aside the time it takes to do this is so annoyingly unnecessary. Mastery presets are long over due!
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I would love this. Would kill for just 2 mastery builds to switch between
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    This would help players now more than ever. Switching from a suicides mastery build to a non-suicides mastery build between AW and Map 7 would save so much time.
  • VolumeOneVolumeOne Posts: 97
    I always think the coolest change would be to set up something similar to this and have more effect specific masteries in order to increase champs effectiveness:
    Create a deep wounds type mastery for incinerate and poison and you've just enhanced champs like Phoenix and abom and just make it so you can select one of the three to build on.
    Possibly make class specific mastery setups with more class specific things and make the big masteries cost the class cores (like the final one for the mystic would be mystic dispersion, maybe have one that makes power drain effects x% more powerful) while making for cosmic champs buffs last longer and increase chances for buffs to come up by x%. With She-hulks ability we know that the uses of each class are known more exactly as the rosters have diversified, I think class specific masteries would make it so people who prefer one class over the other can create a build to make their favorites more valuable.
    Signed,
    I have duped my Phoenix 7 times 2 of which have been back to back in the last week and I just want her incinerate to be a little stronger.
  • Great idea @Ubersoul
    I'd love to have 3 saved sets I could switch with the touch of one button. If I'm reading right, I get where you're going with the additional costs of option B... But I would rather not pay extra just to swap masteries in an efficient way. Swapping masteries is already too costly imo, and adding to that cost would push me towards manual swaps more often than not.

We paid or grinded to unlock them in the first place, we pay a decent amount to change them. I think that should be enough.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Great idea!

PS: Whoever flagged this SHAME ON YOU!
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Great idea!

Some people just suck.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    Great idea!

Some people just suck.

So true, I mean is this suggestion spam? No.
    Is this suggestion abuse? No.
    And know why? 'Cause it is a suggestion...
  • RRNYRRNY Posts: 25
    100% agree great suggestion and kabam will still get some units.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I would make the cost depend on the amount of mastery points, like one unit per point. This wouldn't punish new players as hard.
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 84
    edited February 2019
    Kabam has a lot to do, but I do believe they need to put some time into quality of life and UI improvements. (Streamline the interface. Almost everything should be one screen load away. Utilize the slide down menu better with smaller buttons, and add more to areas of play, etc. There are so many changes that could reduce the time overhead per transaction and save thousands of players time, especially when there are what seems like frequent "connection" / performance issues.)

A Masteries change improvement would be one on my list. I don't change masteries hardly ever, but it's rather annoying when I have to, in terms of the time and manotany of re-selecting the same base set over and over.

I would also suggest that instead of presets, or in addition to presets, they could allow the reverse removal of the last placed Masteries that are deeper in the tree. That way you don't have to re-select precision and cruelty again for example in the attack section, since almost no one goes without those, and keep paying for something that you dont actually want to remove!

If not the reverse removal of mastery points, then I do believe that it should just be a flat rate to respec, after the Masteries have been already paid to unlock. Or, perhaps half cost of each point put back in. Basically, I think it shouldn't be something that is as expensive as it currently is.