**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A NEW CONTEST...OUT WITH THE OLD... [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GoldballsGoldballs Posts: 4
    That’s a “G” not a “C”. Goldballs is coming.
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Why would collecter say..fun? He has lost his daughter in the crystals so why will he be offering fun to summoners?

I think it's something different
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I think this has something to do with this: https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-contest-of-champions-gets-back-to-its-comic-book-roots
    Marvel.com: Is there anything else that we need to know about the Elders, the comic, or what’s coming next for “Marvel Contest of Champions”?

Gabriel Frizzera: The Elders storyline is the beginning of the end of our first major story arc, which started in 2015. We’ll cross it over with our massive Infinity War event, wrap all that up in Act 6, then there’ll be a major change in status quo for the Contest of Champions… that’s all I can reveal for now!"

With Act 6 coming, with the introduction of Aegon the first champion of the contest, with the Silver Surfer coming and the Carina story revealed, my guess is that this all leads into something that ends this cycle of the Contest and starts a new one.

Nice catch...you’re right, you can even see are there Twitter page

w54slx4wv29q.jpeg
  • BillLisBackBillLisBack Posts: 25
    It has to be act 6.

If it’s a new game I’m out too. Learn from the cautionary tale of Marvel Avengers Alliance. MAA2 was a better game, BUT veteran MAA1 players were not willing to migrate over and give up their rosters/achievements/investments to start all over. In the end it killed both games.

Yes, there were other factors, but that was a huge part of their failure.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Really hope act 6 comes out today
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
    o3zk1n9el4np.png

Maybe this symbol is a clue?

Nonetheless, its Act 6.

According to elder alphabets, that's a C... So supposing it has anything to do with the elders (the collector, grandmaster, etc), than its most likely carrena's (the collectors daughter) signature
  • swallace8182swallace8182 Posts: 21
    And Carina, according to Gabe on the UMCOC podcast, is based off his daughter....
  • Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★
    Money down most of those threatening to quit will be right there on zero day of a new game.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Sure wish we could get an announcement "today" :D on what the in game message meant!! B)

Mainly so I can start farming potions :DB)
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    If it's another new game with a rigged drop rates and bugs like this then I'm not gonna replay it again
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    If it's another new game with a rigged drop rates and bugs like this then I'm not gonna replay it again

If it's not bad enough to get you to quit the current game...I'm not sure I believe you.
    Keep hope alive, maybe Friday. lol

Along with the Dhampir crystal release
  • Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    I’m amazed how much people think this is some cryptic, strange code. It’s seriously not that hard to figure it out. Most likely act 6.
    Sheer_Cold wrote: »
    I’m amazed how much people think this is some cryptic, strange code. It’s seriously not that hard to figure it out. Most likely act 6.

It's the forums, everything is a strange cryptic code.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    The two so far are the act 1 and 2 pictures....... carina has 6 letters........

This one was 3 days after the first one. Act 6 at the start of March event confirmed. (3 days in between x5 -3)
  • GOLBGOLB Posts: 57
    Is that algebra i see
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    The_One wrote: »
    m1rgo0txdbxa.png

By fun do you mean "fun and interactive" nodes?
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Another letter ‘R’
  • SCHNOOTSCHNOOT Posts: 49
    Act 6 will be announced March 6
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    SCHNOOT wrote: »
    Act 6 will be announced March 6

Which is indeed a Wednesday
    Be on the look out around 3pm PST.... We are due for another "mysterious" in game message. :D:D
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    I think this has something to do with this: https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-contest-of-champions-gets-back-to-its-comic-book-roots
    Marvel.com: Is there anything else that we need to know about the Elders, the comic, or what’s coming next for “Marvel Contest of Champions”?

Gabriel Frizzera: The Elders storyline is the beginning of the end of our first major story arc, which started in 2015. We’ll cross it over with our massive Infinity War event, wrap all that up in Act 6, then there’ll be a major change in status quo for the Contest of Champions… that’s all I can reveal for now!"

With Act 6 coming, with the introduction of Aegon the first champion of the contest, with the Silver Surfer coming and the Carina story revealed, my guess is that this all leads into something that ends this cycle of the Contest and starts a new one.

they said a little while ago that act 6 would mark the end of the current story line.
    so yeah that would definately be the case.

"act 7"
    will most likely not be referred to as act 7.
    it is likey that current "story mode" will be renamed "history Lesson" or similar.
    and that act 7 will infact be Act 1 of the new "story mode"
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

they said a little while ago that act 6 would mark the end of the current story line.

so yeah that would definately be the case.

"act 7"

will most likely not be referred to as act 7.

it is likey that current "story mode" will be renamed "history Lesson" or similar.

and that act 7 will infact be Act 1 of the new "story mode"

With unblockable and unstoppable mechanics everywhere lol.

Nick Fury already has Unblockable based off the datamine info
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    That's like the 4th message like that I've received. They have been sending them every week or so for awhile now