**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mardi Gras calendar?

HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
C'mon, Kabam. Show us Cajuns some love.

Comments

• Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★
    More likely to happen in the other game. Optimus Prime was originally meant to have a Jamaican accent.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Come on man, you know no one cares about Mardi Gras but us
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Hamin wrote: »

here in AUS madri gras are a LGBT celebration.

so with an event that only some countries celebrate,
    that differs in time of year,
    and differs in meaning behind it,
    i really cant see it as something for a game to celebrate.
    MaatMan wrote: »

Lol for real?

Wow. Never knew that.

Here in Louisiana it's a traditional holiday. Schools even let out for a week.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★

Chinese New Year, Christmas, April Fool's Day, Valentine's Day, not everyone celebrates these holidays, yet Kabam still does events for them. However I don't think Mardi Gras will have anything, they haven't done it before so very unlikely they'll start.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    DRTO wrote: »

Chinese New Year, Christmas, April Fool's Day, Valentine's Day, not everyone celebrates these holidays, yet Kabam still does events for them. However I don't think Mardi Gras will have anything, they haven't done it before so very unlikely they'll start.

I think the reason these holidays are celebrated in game is because as @MaatMan said, unlike Mardi Gras, they are a little more consistent across countries with their timing and meaning. If the U.S. version of Mardi Gras was celebrated in game, it could leave some from other countries that celebrate it, a little confused. Regardless, happy Mardi Gras to everyone who celebrates it!
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Yeahhhh Mardi Gras!!!!!! 4 star gambit at the end of a 7 day calendar with mystic mutant and science stuff (Mardi Gras colors) seems legit!!!!!

So you guys just completely screwed up Mardi Gras that's on you.

Mardi Gras also falls inline with carnivale season in south America which is huge.

I don't think Mardi Gras should be an in game event, just saying that your reasoning is awful
    And king cakes are disgusting usually @Hamin
    It's supposed to be one big blow out before Lent where people give up a bunch for religious reasons. It has nothing to do with sexuality whatsoever
    edited February 2019

Mardi Gras also falls inline with carnivale season in south America which is huge.

I don't think Mardi Gras should be an in game event, just saying that your reasoning is awful

WOW.
    HOMOPHOBIC MUCH!!!!!!

wow. get your discriminatory attitude out of here.

How is saying that you completely changed what a holiday was about and screwed with it homophopic? I don't care if you changed it to a celebration of dogs, it's still not Mardi Gras. What it was changed to is not the problem
    (certainly came across as saying it was destoyed due to LGBT motivation)

for one i never changed anything.
    and for another changing something does not mean destroying it.

for thousands of years different counties and cultures have taken something from one another and put their own spin / adaptation on it.
    this is normal human / cultural behavior.
    halloween has evolved along way from its Hallows Eve roots. is that bad thing? does that mean Halloween is destroyed?
    Y'all.

Mardi Gras is about fun.

Have a beer and some beads.
    halloween has evolved along way from its Hallows Eve roots. is that bad thing? does that mean Halloween is destroyed?

If you think those two changes are similar more power to ya but lol
    edited February 2019

If you think those two changes are similar more power to ya but lol

point is that events change, events evolve.
    cutures put their own spin on things.
    always have, always will.

LGBT community using Madi Gras as a way to express themselves is not in anyway destroying Mardi Gras.

capitalisim making christmas all about spending money on people destroys Christmas more.
    easter these days seems to be more about people eating chocalte rabbits and easter bunny than the religious background it has.
    capitalism and greed are wat destroys event and celebrations.

not people celebrating things in their own way.
    Y'all.

Mardi Gras is about fun.

Have a beer and some beads.

dont really like beer....
    i will have some spiced rum and ginger ale instead....
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Perhaps they could actually implement a Lenten calendar where you give up something, say, one item removed from inventory every day.

Ash Wednesday...also a day that should be marked in MCoC. Maybe a global incinerate debuff for AQ?

Dr. Zola
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    I think some people forgot this game is supposed to be fun.
  • mrclever8mrclever8 Posts: 12
    edited February 2019
    Ugh does everything have to involve politics quite frankly I don't know or care who is homophobic and who isn't. I personally have never celebrated Mardi gras but they did a Valentine's event with deadpool why not do a Mardi gras event with gambit?
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    I want a St George's Day event where they add Union Jack and Captain Britain and you fight Fin Fang Foom.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Make a “get past the wall” event while you’re at it
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    NOLA guy here
    Why would kabam make a Mardi Gras Calendar 😂😂😂
  • MasterB8terMasterB8ter Posts: 8
    @Hamin ohhh, nice! Is that a fresh market king cake? @Worknprogress i too generally find king cakes disgusting, but that kind in the pic is way better than any I've ever had.
    Anyway, nice to see some fellow NOLA summoners in here!
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★

Is that what leprechaun vomit looks like?
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118

WOW.
    HOMOPHOBIC MUCH!!!!!!

wow. get your discriminatory attitude out of here.

How is saying that you completely changed what a holiday was about and screwed with it homophopic? I don't care if you changed it to a celebration of dogs, it's still not Mardi Gras. What it was changed to is not the problem

"It might surprise you to learn that Mardi Gras is actually a Catholic term describing the celebrations leading up to Lent. The Carnival starts on the day of the feasts of the Epiphany (Mary’s, to be precise) and finishes on Shrove Tuesday, or, Fat Tuesday. Basically, it’s a festival of gluttony, with everyone fattening up before the 40 days of fasting during Lent."

Mardi Gras has basically become that idea of a festival. Whether they use it in NoLa as a way to eat and get drunk and do whatever you want to do (trust me, I've been there and the things are see aren't very Catholic, but they are enjoying a festival which is the meaning of it). The French brought it to NoLa because of their own ways of using it as well as South America. To them it means Fat Tuesday but celebrated a lot different. Still a festival. Sydney's Mardi Gras is a festival to celebrate sexuality in the same way they celebrate (their own ideas) in the other countries. So, YES, it is still Mardi Gras. JUST like Halloween, since ya know...America stole the whole idea of Halloween from Dia de los Muertos from Mexico which has a TOTAL different meaning to what America celebrates it. So before you come in and say an event was screwed up by another country, use your friendly tool Google and do some research. Until then, sit back in the computer chair of yours and be quiet.

As to the original convo of this thread, like someone pointed out Kabam uses other holidays that aren't celebrated by other countries in the same way, I don't see why they can't use Mardi Gras as one. But then that would mean why not use Mother's Day as an event for mother marvel characters and so on.

This discussion has been closed.