**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we celebrate Indian Festival 'Holi' in game ????

Hey Kabam, in MCOC we celebrate all special days and festivals like Valentine Day, Christmas etc. I wish that the game celebrates some Indian Festivals too. In the month of March our festival called 'Holi' is coming, So I request you to gift something or to organize a event or something on 'Holi' which is on 21st of March this year. I would be very glad if you do this. The last call is yours, if you wish to do it you can or if you do not than drop this idea.
To know about 'Holi' visit - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi

Comments

• Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    Im an Indian myself and don't think Holi is big enough a festival to have an event over. Maybe Diwali, as @UmbertoDelRio mentioned it's about brand recognition and that comes through the most popular global festivals.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    The other thing to remember is kabam is based in North America and have shown they mainly follow Canadian/US holidays. So I wouldn't expect them to add other religious holidays as then every religion/region of the world would say they deserve one.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Moreover they may have to add special event every month along with other regular events... I don't think that's reasonable given large player base and regions....
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Fine with me if they do.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Why would anyone want or need that? I'm really not trying to be rude here, so hear me out.
    Implementing holidays like christmas, valentines day, etc. is more about brand recognition than anything else. People all around the world, whether they celebrate it or not, know what those holidays are aimed at and what kind of tone is set in game.

Things like mardi gras or st. Patricks day - and yes even the holi festival - have completely different meanings in different parts of the world. I guess it is originally a hindu thing, please correct me if I'm wrong. St. Patricks day is an lgbt festival where I live, mardis gras doesn't exist and holi is a music festival with no meaning at all.

Sorry, won't happen. Bad brand recognition - therefore low sales.

Have a nice day, though!

Did you participate in the Chinese New Year event that ran earlier this month?
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    St Patrick’s day is an Irish holiday, not sure what alternate universe you reside in.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Why would anyone want or need that? I'm really not trying to be rude here, so hear me out.
    Implementing holidays like christmas, valentines day, etc. is more about brand recognition than anything else. People all around the world, whether they celebrate it or not, know what those holidays are aimed at and what kind of tone is set in game.

Things like mardi gras or st. Patricks day - and yes even the holi festival - have completely different meanings in different parts of the world. I guess it is originally a hindu thing, please correct me if I'm wrong. St. Patricks day is an lgbt festival where I live, mardis gras doesn't exist and holi is a music festival with no meaning at all.

Have a nice day, though!

I mean... Yes? I don't really get your point. It's about the holiday being recognizable, not just about how widespread it is.

So you know "what that holiday is aimed at"? You know the ins and outs of Chinese New Year? Or you just know the name so that makes it different?
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    If they did end up including something for an Indian festival, Diwali would definitely make the most sense. Especially with it being about the victory of good over evil. There is a lot they can do with there, and actually change it up each year.
    John757 wrote: »
    St Patrick’s day is an Irish holiday, not sure what alternate universe you reside in.

And how many people out of ireland actually know the background or take it seriously? Generally it's recognizable as "wear green and get wasted".
    Being gay and fabulous on top of that doesn't conflict that most general consens.

Most people do, it’s in the name. It’s about St. Patrick haha and a lot of people know about Holi. It’s actually one of the only holidays I know about from India and I am from the US
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    so you can celebrate Chinese new year in game but not holi. don't see the point here if kabam is a American / Canadian based company
  • Laksh1995Laksh1995 Posts: 207
    Well I would say instead of holi celebrate Diwali the day of Lightening the darkness inside peoples
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I have an idea to celebrate Ramadan and Eid.

No rewards for a whole month and then truck load at the end of it ... how bout dat?

Yo that would be awesome haha
    Let’s keep in mind kabam is owned by a South Korean company too. So the American/Canadian game thing doesn’t work
  • Atharva111Atharva111 Posts: 52
    I am trying to say that kabm must celebrate some indian festivals too.
    I am not pointing on Holi.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I do like the idea to celebrate another holiday. But we already have 6 events yearly in the game. I do not think we need a 7th. Plus it would be too much work too complete all the rest of the added content and finish off story as well. Plus it is not a well known event around the world to spark enough excitement in the community too get them to celebrate.
  • ramanshramansh Posts: 96
    ya i would love to celebrate the festival of colors in mcoc with my champs this is a great idea hope that KABAM gives it a shot this year
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    Every festival is a celebration of love forgiveness kindness n other virtues. so if we can have Christmas Chinese New Year why not Holi? everything in life is abt togetherness n if am not wrong Holi is a festival of togetherness as one cannot play colors by self just like u cannot play an alliance event all by self.
  • ramanshramansh Posts: 96
    _I_ wrote: »
    Every festival is a celebration of love forgiveness kindness n other virtues. so if we can have Christmas Chinese New Year why not Holi? everything in life is abt togetherness n if am not wrong Holi is a festival of togetherness as one cannot play colors by self just like u cannot play an alliance event all by self.

absolutely correct my bro hope we get to see something colorful from kabam during MARCH
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306

Have a nice day, though!

I mean... Yes? I don't really get your point. It's about the holiday being recognizable, not just about how widespread it is.

So you know "what that holiday is aimed at"? You know the ins and outs of Chinese New Year? Or you just know the name so that makes it different?

Are you a little special or something...?
    Without knowing anything about the following two things:
    Holi festival - what?
    St. Patricks day - something about some saint, I guess?
    Chinese new year - well, I guess it is chinese new year.

Besides mentioning it they didn't even make a huge thing out of this being the year of the pig now. It was simply chinese new year, which is not only "chinese" new year, but part of the new year cycle in several asian countries.

Did you see that event and think "huh? What's a new year?".

so ur Duke of where? pardon me duke for my not being as special as u.
    am sure u know enough abt Holi to pass it of as a mediocre thing undeserving of some special importance? am also sure ur aware many ppl travel from far across the globe to be part of it? perhaps u can K.O some attitude from ur self? u have reasons enough against it state that like a reasonable man don't question otther's religious festival as unworthy just because u do not belong to it. have a good day n don't bother to feel so entitled for further interactions with me.