**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Today's update

Comments

• FugnastyFugnasty Posts: 115
    I got the update yesterday and have been stuck on login screen for 10 minutes now.
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    And now this is happening

do2midxcw4ke.png
    h1ee912mtfei.png

• vaderdamanvaderdaman Posts: 20
    Yeah. It's down for both iOS and Android.
  • HrodstangHrodstang Posts: 5
    Since this "beta" update, i can't complete a vs fight without infinite loading time (force to quit the game) i always "lose" the fight because of that... It's complicated to play... seriously with my bad luck in crystal opening, the many problem et bug, and now i'm "selected" for a beta where 2/3 of the fights crashed, are you hating me?
  • Volcanic45Volcanic45 Posts: 86
    Hey All,

What you're seeing is an update that is not available to all players at this time. We are currently running a beta test with some users, for a potential feature we may release in the future. If you have any feedback or are seeing any issues arise, please let us know! Your feedback and information helps us improve this development process, and any additional details you wish to provide us will further aid us in our work.

If you are a player that is noticing some missing assets or blank spaces, this should resolve itself after a session or two. You may want to try restarting the App as well.

I have been asking for weeks about this and you have not said anything its dumb I've loss so much on this dumb beta update that I did not ask to be in what's going to happen with all the units we loss in this
  • Hey guys guess what? the Maintenance doesnt fix anything :)))))))))
  • But guys i think the best way to make kabam acknowledge our problem with this update is for all of us to post our own discussion as many as possible so we can make this issue big and they have no choice but to fix the damn thing what do say? are you guys with me?
  • Jtegg007Jtegg007 Posts: 29
    Hey all. I'm new on the forum so I understand if you don't have any trust in me or my ability to do this... But I can upload the apk (Android's version of an installer/exe) for version 14.0.0 and link it here so you can revert to the old version.... I'm not sure if it'll let you launch or if it'll ask you to update, but hey, lemme know if you want me to try.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    I asked Kabam (for the second time) what we were testing, and they said it was a Beta Test. Oh, really? Thanks for the info, Kabam! The Support Team is as helpful as a brick wall. They read like two words, then copy-and-paste a response from a file with those words on it. They saw "Beta Test" and copied over a completely unhelpful response. Good job, Kabam. You've disappointed me more than Infinite Warfare.
    Jtegg007 wrote: »
    Hey all. I'm new on the forum so I understand if you don't have any trust in me or my ability to do this... But I can upload the apk (Android's version of an installer/exe) for version 14.0.0 and link it here so you can revert to the old version.... I'm not sure if it'll let you launch or if it'll ask you to update, but hey, lemme know if you want me to try.

I don't think it allows you to downdate (is that the opposite of update?) a game. And you can't download a game twice, so you couldn't download this and delete the current version. Not sure if it would work, but if people are desperate enough, you could try.
  • Jtegg007Jtegg007 Posts: 29

I don't think it allows you to downdate (is that the opposite of update?) a game. And you can't download a game twice, so you couldn't download this and delete the current version. Not sure if it would work, but if people are desperate enough, you could try.

Not exactly. You'd have to, first, make sure you have a kabam account. Then uninstall the game from your phone. Then enable 3rd party install (in your phone settings). Then install the apk. Then log in.

I've done it with many other apps when they've broken, but I've never tried it with kabam/contest, so I'm not sure it would let you log in again.
  • Bizzy777Bizzy777 Posts: 15
    fb7ruk4az283.png
    6i4px4mkqt0j.png
    Kabam as u can see this is the problem we are all experiencing and while doing wars arena, what are you guys gonna do now for this? I'm grinding for cable and now I might not get him because of your **** testing smh please fix this asap!!!
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Infinite loading seems to be resolved, but it's extremely laggy.
    I'm gonna hit the hay. Have fun trying to get good customer service, guys. Good luck... you'll definitely need it.
  • M_HeibaM_Heiba Posts: 6
    I was not notified abt any fucken test i am being involved in. I do not need to test ur **** i just want to play the damn game not spending my time staring at the loading screen with silly information.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    I only had to download once but it took a while. I was having issues with players dashing forward when I'm trying to hold a block, this seems a bit improved. I had more issues before the update but these tended to come and go eg lagging. Haven't noticed anything get worse. I'm on Android moto g 4 plus and Samsung s2
  • @Kabam Miike
    Ummm ok... Just to clear it all, basically what you are saying is, that some players (Including me as I also got the laggy update) have been chosen for a beta test of a new update right? But can I ask that why is this beta test so laggy and buggy? It's literally unplayable. I mean, what is this updated intended for? And why are we chosen for this awkward update? Really really strange thing. And btw, I can't see anything knew. So please tell us how long is this "Beta test" of yours is going on? (I don't intend to be disrespectful to you by saying this, just asking what's in my mind)
    So please tell us how long will this last and what is this intended for? And please try to fix this ASAP, because many alliances (including mine) would be in war, so they can lose it because of this strange update beta test. Thanks in advance.
  • WolveX wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I got selected as a beta tester and i thank you for that opportunity. This being said, i didn't register for beta testing and since the update, i have incurred heavy losses due to unstable game play. This needs to be compensated since many people are complaining about the same stuff. I lost my champs in a fight where I wouldn't lose them if not for the glitch.

My opinion is that there should be a proper way for people who would like to be beta testers and not a hidden/random way of selecting players for this. If a player is selected then proper rewards/compensation need to be given. By "proper", I mean legit rewards and not some health potions or energy refills.

My feedback on the beta update: I use an android phone with 6GB of RAM so speed is not an issue for me. Android users have been complaining since ages compared to iOS users about issues where the game suddenly crashes, fights are laggy etc. The new update has the same issues. The new arena system has been a good move on your side and that has surely covered a lot of time wasting which used to occur before. But the android users have always suffered. Parry and evade have been haywire and evade doesn't function like it used to before. While testing this update, my game crashed quite a few times in between fights. It never occurred in the 14.0 version.

Hoping for a positive feedback as well as compensation from your side.

Agreed, we need compensation as we are appointed to test this horrible update. Please compensate it soon. And fix it soon too.
  • WolveX wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I got selected as a beta tester and i thank you for that opportunity. This being said, i didn't register for beta testing and since the update, i have incurred heavy losses due to unstable game play. This needs to be compensated since many people are complaining about the same stuff. I lost my champs in a fight where I wouldn't lose them if not for the glitch.

My opinion is that there should be a proper way for people who would like to be beta testers and not a hidden/random way of selecting players for this. If a player is selected then proper rewards/compensation need to be given. By "proper", I mean legit rewards and not some health potions or energy refills.

My feedback on the beta update: I use an android phone with 6GB of RAM so speed is not an issue for me. Android users have been complaining since ages compared to iOS users about issues where the game suddenly crashes, fights are laggy etc. The new update has the same issues. The new arena system has been a good move on your side and that has surely covered a lot of time wasting which used to occur before. But the android users have always suffered. Parry and evade have been haywire and evade doesn't function like it used to before. While testing this update, my game crashed quite a few times in between fights. It never occurred in the 14.0 version.

Hoping for a positive feedback as well as compensation from your side.

Agreed, we really deserve a proper compensation as we are appointed to test this horrible update. Please compensate it soon and try to fix it ASAP as I mentioned before.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    Hey All,

What you're seeing is an update that is not available to all players at this time. We are currently running a beta test with some users, for a potential feature we may release in the future. If you have any feedback or are seeing any issues arise, please let us know! Your feedback and information helps us improve this development process, and any additional details you wish to provide us will further aid us in our work.

If you are a player that is noticing some missing assets or blank spaces, this should resolve itself after a session or two. You may want to try restarting the App as well.

What I am seeing is the same Kabam ****. Unannounced changes that messes up game play and cost players extra units and hours of wasted time dealing with unscheduled maintenance resulting in an unplayable game.

My question is why release a feature on the same day you start an AQ? That forces players to play through the aftermath of the update.

And why not just let every player know what the features are?

Actually those are rhetorical questions because the answer is that the people making game decisions continue to suck.

• ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    I don't know what y'all are complaining about. I got the load screen for maybe 30 mins between fights. My lag and blocking has improved a little and parry is working just fine.
    I'm the only one in my alli with the update and have had no extra trouble with arena or in AQ.
  • ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    The biggest glitch I have seen is wolvies regen and bleed seems to be spotty at best
    ViperKingV wrote: »
    Hey All,

What I am seeing is the same Kabam ****. Unannounced changes that messes up game play and cost players extra units and hours of wasted time dealing with unscheduled maintenance resulting in an unplayable game.

My question is why release a feature on the same day you start an AQ? That forces players to play through the aftermath of the update.

And why not just let every player know what the features are?

Actually those are rhetorical questions because the answer is that the people making game decisions continue to suck.

They didn't release a new feature on the day AQ started, unless you count worse gameplay as a feature.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Hey All,

I have this update. Game play has been poor since it. A decent amount of frame drops every fight. Parry and block does not always function.
    There are times mid combo where animations kinda go haywire hard to explain outside of the animation does not fit in typical combo sequence.

Load times entering game increased frantically sometimes causing me to close game and reopen.

Ai has managed to hit my with a full 10 hit combo without my champ every have a chance to block or dash back.

When certain champs like rhino trigger an sp my champ does not dash back. Both parry and dexterity appear on screen but my champ just blocks.

I am not sure what feature you are adding but if you could shed light on it, it would be easier to say if it is worth it
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    If I had to venture a guess, something to do with update files coming in through game instead of update. If I delete the game right NoW and reinstall the actual game shows up as a 96mb game but I download more it appears once I enter game. If this is what it is, then no it is not worth the degradation of game play
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155

Is that a mod? Lol