**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do You Think Black Panther Deserves that Best Picture Win?

So the Oscars just started and Black Panther is the first superhero movie to be nominated Best Picture. But do you think it actually deserves to win?

Do You Think Black Panther Deserves that Best Picture Win? 91 votes

Yes
20%
thetaman23DrOctavius2_2hoboPrimmer79RustyWarJwallace25bm3eppsFoxhero007SiddhantKwatraKennadoSavio444AriefAtharva111TawliColonaut123B_Dizzle_01FhfjghhggggjfhfjgHerrPopop_Chaos_ 19 votes
No
79%
ArcDeAngelusOmniBigdogbobDrZolaDarkstar4387mum_m2I_ZERO_IbenshbDexman1349mmmbanyasHotCarlosTwistedEnigma17Daredevi1Fan7Le_Marv_8SpeedbumpphillgreenMets17Anonymous346Ronny_NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE 72 votes

Comments

• spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    No
    I think nothing came close to as good as a star is born was, and seeing the preview before I saw that movie, I never thought I'd be saying that.
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★
    Black Panther was nominated for 6 Oscars and so far, has won 2:
    •Best Costume Design
    •Best Production Design
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Honestly BP was just an average Marvel movie. Not the best movie ever, but definitely enjoyable to watch. I think all the hype around BP was because it was the first super hero with a darker skin color. I’m not trying to be racist at all, that’s just the feeling I got from the movie. Infinity War was a much more enjoyable film in my opinion.

Yeah, I was really surprised it was nominated in the first place tbh. It's a great movie, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's Oscar worthy. No comic book movies are besides maybe Logan and the Dark Knight. Or just none at all.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    No
    it does deserve nomination.
    but not a win.
    but at the end of it all oscars are not simply about how the general public feel.
    we all know that political motivations and similar often influence the choices made.

i can assure you with almost 100% certainty it was nominated because of what it is doing for the African American community and Black people in general by having Not only a Black Super hero as lead actor but a majority Black cast.
    This alone may be enough to get it the win.

if you judge it purely based on the content of the movie vs other movies, it is up there with the best films of 2018 Yes, but not number 1.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Boeheim Rhapsody or Blackkklansman should win
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    No
    its gonna be Rome or Green Book
    Green book was dope too
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    No
    hobo wrote: »
    In my honest opinion yes it does a lot of movies made by African-American people never get any recognition and I don't believe that only white people can make good movies I don't believe a movie all about white people are all that good either and I can think a about 50 of your fast previous Academy Award winner and I can tell you those movies really did suck so hate all you want but I'm very proud of the Black Panther movies and. .I hope they win more awards

Have you watched the awards in the last 10 years ? If the movie isn’t about a white male lead it has a statistically higher chance of winning awards.

That being said, Black Panther was a very entertaining movie and did a lot for African culture not black American culture. Which is great to showcase and I can get behind it, but there were better movies made by far for a multitude of reasons so no it shouldn’t win and shouldn’t be nominated in this category.
    edited February 2019
    On another note:
    Spider-man: Into the Spider verse just won Best Animated Picture!
    No
    Also shouldn’t have won, isle of dogs should have.
    Omni wrote: »

Was thinking it was gonna win.
    No

Was thinking it was gonna win.

The Oscars are pretty politicised and a minority following his dreams is more in than
    Stop motion with a great ensemble cast.
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    No

It was critiqued by tons of movie critics as a master piece in terms of animated movies. It deserved the win.
    No
    See my above comment. About the academy being politicized. Again entertaining but not a better movie.
    Spiderverse was way better than isle of dogs. Not even a contest. Everything about it was better
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

Isle of Dogs looked terrible even for a Wes Anderson movie. It could have easily been a Scary Movie-style spoof of every Wes Anderson movie made to date.

Black Panther really wasn’t any worse than any other movie and benefited from not being a clearly pandering, calculated Best Picture effort like they usually are.
    No
    Why because were on a forum about marvel ? Stop motion is such a difficult art to master.
    edited February 2019
    No

Isle of Dogs looked terrible even for a Wes Anderson movie. It could have easily been a Scary Movie-style spoof of every Wes Anderson movie made to date.

Black Panther really wasn’t any worse than any other movie and benefited from not being a clearly pandering, calculated Best Picture effort like they usually are.

This year is a fairly weak year and has a lot of parity but the winner shouldn’t win because it wasn’t any worse from the other options. From what I saw this year he best movie got snubbed in beautiful boy.
    Has nothing to do with this being a marvel forum. The story was better, voice acting better, animation style was incredible and better, music was better. Everything better
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    This like ... Has nothing to do with the game.
    Wrong forum to discuss this
    No
    Well kabam doesn’t have a random non game specific section so...this is the next best place

I totally agree, hence the flag i gave but still gotta spit some facts. Ya’ Nah mean?
    edited February 2019

It's still about Marvel. Well, partly now.

I mean, people discussed Batman yesterday. Batman! He's part of DC, the rival of Marvel.
    No
    John757 wrote: »

I totally agree, hence the flag i gave but still gotta spit some facts. Ya’ Nah mean?

Not fact, opinion, which you’re entitled to just as I am.
    The opinion of 99% of critics that gave reviews. BoomShakaLaka
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    No
    Blackklansman