**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do You Think Black Panther Deserves that Best Picture Win?

2»

Comments

• OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    No
    John757 wrote: »
    The opinion of 99% of critics that gave reviews. BoomShakaLaka

What constitutes a critic ? I minored in film have a photographic memory and watch basically every movie but chose to work in a different field. Does my opinion not matter because I don’t write for some mom and pop paper or blog ?
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Omni wrote: »

What constitutes a critic ? I minored in film have a photographic memory and watch basically every movie but chose to work in a different field. Does my opinion not matter because I don’t write for some mom and pop paper or blog ?

Did you write a review of the movie?
    No
    Touché, no but I still value my opinion above 95 percent of the **** on rotten tomatoes.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    No

i havnt seen any reviews since these other movies have come put that states Black Panther to be best movie of the year.

Alos just cus 1000000 people share an opinion does not make it fact.
    so BOOMSHAKALA that....
    lol
    MaatMan wrote: »

i havnt seen any reviews since these other movies have come put that states Black Panther to be best movie of the year.

so BOOMSHAKALA that....
    lol
    That is correct, I’d say about 1million people think the earth is flat and they are completely wrong about that. And I didn’t say black panther was the best movie, definitely wasn’t. Spiderman was just a better movie than the dogs movie. That’s the only fact. I did write a review of it because critiquing movies is my hobby and I would post it here but I don’t want my real name in the forums. Haha
    No
    Ill go out on a limb and say it’s John
    No

so BOOMSHAKALA that....
    lol
    That is correct, I’d say about 1million people think the earth is flat and they are completely wrong about that. And I didn’t say black panther was the best movie, definitely wasn’t. Spiderman was just a better movie than the dogs movie. That’s the only fact. I did write a review of it because critiquing movies is my hobby and I would post it here but I don’t want my real name in the forums. Haha

earth flat is not a valid opinion.
    as there is proof and it is fact that the earth is not flat.
    stupid fools....
    anyways...

but for it to win oscar for best picture it needs to be better than the other nominated movies.
    question is, was it?
    Touché, no but I still value my opinion above 95 percent of the **** on rotten tomatoes.

We can agree on Tomatoes being trash haha and duh.... it’s john but not giving out my last name on this forum

so BOOMSHAKALA that....
    lol

stupid fools....
    anyways...

but for it to win oscar for best picture it needs to be better than the other nominated movies.
    question is, was it?

Like I said black panther shouldn’t win and Spiderman did win best animated haha not sure why you asked that
    edited February 2019
    .also if were getting technical John is a middle name 😉
    No

We can agree on Tomatoes being trash haha and duh.... it’s john but not giving out my last name on this forum

so BOOMSHAKALA that....
    lol

stupid fools....
    anyways...

question is, was it?

Like I said black panther shouldn’t win and Spiderman did win best animated haha not sure why you asked that

i never said anything bout spiderman at all.
    where did i say that.

so BOOMSHAKALA that....
    lol

stupid fools....
    anyways...

question is, was it?

i never said anything bout spiderman at all.
    where did i say that.

That’s why I asked you why you asked the question “was it?” Because I never said black panther should win best picture haha I only said spiderman should win best animated
    edited February 2019
    No
    its called a general question.
    i wasnt questioning had you had already said.
    i was literally asking a question.
    its called a general question.
    i wasnt questioning had you had already said.
    i was literally asking a question.

Ahhh misunderstanding then haha well no it was not better. I’d put it in the middle of the pack of the nominated movies.
    No
    see i cant say for sure if it should win or not.
    as i have not seen every other movie nominated.
    and the only way to know for sure if it is worthy is to have seen all others for comparison.

what i do know however i believe Infinity war was Better and should also be nominated.
    and i believe Bohemian Rhapsody was better and also targets a much larger market then the MCU does.
    edited February 2019
    I saw all of the movies nominated, I always watch all the nominated movies for best picture so I can make an honest opinion. Boeheiman rhapsody, blackkklansman, and green book were my favorites. And I actually think Crazy Rich Asians should of been nominated
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I think that one thing that needs to be considered with Black Panther, is that more prominent than the movie itself, was the huge cultural empowerment and significance the movie created. My top picks are: Black Panther, BlacKkKlansman, and Bohemian Rhapsody. I’ll be totally content if any of those three win.
    No
    I saw all of the movies nominated, I always watch all the nominated movies for best picture so I can make an honest opinion. Boeheiman rhapsody, blackkklansman, and green book were my favorites. And I actually think Crazy Rich Asians should of been nominated

It was entertaining but just because a movie props up an under appreciated ethnicity in holidwood, doesn’t mean it should be up for movie of the year.

I encourage everyone to check out movies actually made by film studios in Asian countries. And if anyone actually wants recommendations pm me.
    edited February 2019
    Has nothing to do with propping up ethnicity. Was just a great movie. You seem to be Someone that puts any movie down that seems to be popular. So I’ll end the discussion
    No
    Okay, it was good but to be up for movie of the year it needs to excel in the acting and directing categories. And did it compared to the rest of the nominated movies sans black panther which also shouldn’t be there, no.

No
    Moot point
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★
    So the Oscars have been over anf Green Book won best picture.

Black Panther only won 3 out of 6 of it's nominations. Last one was Best Sound Mixing.

Thank you to all the people that voted in the poll and commented. And I do apologize if the whole poll was unnecessary, I just wanted to see how Marvel fans would feel knowing that a Marvel film has been nominated for an Oscar. But anyway, thank you.
  • I am glad Ludwig Goransson’s score for BP won, even though I still wish Lorne Balfe’s score for M:I Fallout was nominated. It’s a shame it wasn’t nominated for anything. My fav from last year.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    No
    Big NO
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★
    So the Oscars have been over anf Green Book won best picture.

Black Panther only won 3 out of 6 of it's nominations. Last one was Best Sound Mixing.

Did I say soundmixing? Meant soundtrack/original score.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    No
    It was an average movie with a terrible plot.

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I do think the story line of BP was better than 90% of other Marvel movies. People may be surprised, but "saving the world" is not much of a story.

BP was about the conflict between tradition and modernity, between father and sons and what constitutes a righteous cause. Killmonger wasn't the traditional "watch the world burn" villain. He was an extreme idealist, motivated by pain and suffering. BP faced a crossroad: staying on the path that has been tried before or be the first to lead Wakanda into a more open future.

I concur with a lot of people's concern that the nomination is purely based on skin colour. It is a shame identity politics has come this far. But I do wish people look beyond that and see how great of a movie it is.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    More than likely if you are a white male you didn’t get all of the subtext in the Black Panther so it’s very predictable that you’d see the film as average.

The film begins in Oakland the home of the Original Black Panther Party.

The story of Kilmonger in its subtext is about what happens when a boy grows up without a father all of that anger and hatred fueled by abandonment and loneliness.

The story of Klau is about a white man coming into Africa and taking resources and killing Africans while African leaders sit by and do nothing.

There is more stuff packed into the film that like I said probably as white males who really aren’t culturally educated things went over your head.

You guys probably thought Silence of the Lambs was about a cannibal and Kill Bill was about Bruce Lee, and Django was about slavery.

No
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    More than likely if you are a white male you didn’t get all of the subtext in the Black Panther so it’s very predictable that you’d see the film as average.

The film begins in Oakland the home of the Original Black Panther Party.

The story of Kilmonger in its subtext is about what happens when a boy grows up without a father all of that anger and hatred fueled by abandonment and loneliness.

The story of Klau is about a white man coming into Africa and taking resources and killing Africans while African leaders sit by and do nothing.

There is more stuff packed into the film that like I said probably as white males who really aren’t culturally educated things went over your head.

You guys probably thought Silence of the Lambs was about a cannibal and Kill Bill was about Bruce Lee, and Django was about slavery.

Actually I knew all of that. But thanks for assuming and generalizing for what all white males know or are capable of knowing.

I actually know a lot about the history of the academy and what type of acting or directorial performances have to occur to win best picture.

Chadwick Boseman has all the charisma of a paper bag and his performance wasn’t memorable. None of them were in bp.

I don’t think anyone here said the movie was average. It was however up against movies that had what I said above, better acting and better directing.

In my eyes there has only been one super hero movie capable of being nominated for best picture and that’s dark knight. Nothing else comes close from Marvel. Watchmen would be second but I wouldn’t give that a best picture nom.

• JahVinci1982JahVinci1982 Posts: 48
    Yes 💯