**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I be bummed about 5* IMIW

LordGenesisLordGenesis Posts: 292 ★★★
I mean, I just don’t see any amazing damage. I know he’s a sick defender in AW but I’m struggling to see his offensive side- anyone know how to get the most damage out of this dude (or should I say ‘dud’?)

Comments

• spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Oh and he's also the best auto fight champ in the game if that matters to you.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I been using mine for aq for months at rank 4 as 5*. Amazing both defensive and offensive. He’s very sustainable with those armour ups takes barely any block damage and when you get hit while an armour up is active you take hardly any damage since the armour is very strong.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    He's a little slower on the damage, but everything else makes up for it. He's a utility champ like IM should be.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Smash wrote: »
    Complain post about getting 5* IMIW? Hadn’t seen this one

It’s rather refreshing. Sure beats the usual dead horse topics. Such as: nerf “champ so an so”; as well as the threads demanding rank down tickets.

But to bring this thread back on topic; I suggest you test out IMIW tc. Use him in the arena and daily catalyst quests. Get a feel for how he operates before deciding to invest resources in him or not.

• RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I have mine at R4 and he is great on offense. I use him daily as an attacker
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Imiw is great
  • MrsGondola420MrsGondola420 Posts: 149
    He doesn't take initial coldsnap damage from Iceman, with his Armour ups he doesn't take bleed damage. Sp1 heal blocks, sp2 does incinerate damage. His heavy does armour break, so hes pretty good up against Emma Frost too. I use him in AQ alot.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    He was my 4th 5* champ and still one of my favorites
    Amazing block prof
    Heal block on heavy and sp1
    Sp3 plasma charge which not only deals good damage but also refreshes with each hit
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I have him as a 6* on my main account
    At first i thought it was CapIW
    And was about to say "wtf" to the "not seeing good damage" 😂😂
    IMIW doesnt have huge damage but his utility is where its at
    You can get plasma charges, and refresh them endlessly if you can manage it
    Hes a beast defender Dup

He has good power control, and decent damage if you work him right.
  • He's not even that good in defence anymore.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    He is DOT champ with power control and a ton of other utility on top of that. His main damage comes from getting as much DOT on as possible and keeping it there, which also gives you power control. Once you get the hang of him on attack you will love him.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Oh and he's also the best auto fight champ in the game if that matters to you.

I like Modok better. :D
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    I actually feel the same. Pulled him from my Dhampir crystal.

We have several duped IMIW 5-50 for def. I won't have the cats to take him to R4 for a while. And even then: I won't be duping him anytime soon.

Even then, he barely gets any kills on def. I know that I'm a happy summoner if I get 5 in a row because I beat him without losing health (little bit of Block dmg, nothing major) while we win on diversity.

As for DoT: It's too much hassle to get that plasma **** going. I have other champs who would finish fights before I even get one.
  • SpiderBroSpiderBro Posts: 80
    Sp3 can do 10k per second on the plasma
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    Bring him to Monthly UC 3.2 Iceman; without coldsnap immune you'll lose half your roster.
    Yeah, already have ST for that
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    For a real idea of how good he is take him against domino in deadpool Valentine's day event on epic he was one of the best counters for her
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Hendross wrote: »
    Bring him to Monthly UC 3.2 Iceman; without coldsnap immune you'll lose half your roster.

I think you're doing it wrong if that's the case.
  • TheNoobTheNoob Posts: 38
    5* Iron Man IW is amazing.
  • TheNoobTheNoob Posts: 38
    I have one and his block is great and his plasma also does decent damage.
    Dshu wrote: »
    For a real idea of how good he is take him against domino in deadpool Valentine's day event on epic he was one of the best counters for her

Sentinel 100 charges then SP1 break Diamond heavy heavy shock shock during def Phase