**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant crashing after update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Chumley77Chumley77 Posts: 22
    Anyone know if this is specific to 2.2 or all variant ultrons and specific iPhone?
  • Lorean_legacies1Lorean_legacies1 Posts: 10
    edited February 2019
    I decided to do a completion run in variant last night. I’m in 2.2 and get near the end with three champs remaining to beat. Now every time I try to go in to find the champ selection screen it starts to load the opponent and crashes the game. I’ve been able to successfully do a duel. And upgrade champs. The rest off the game seems to function fineHowever I can not finish my completion run and champs are locked in.
    I’ve done everything a user can do to ensure proper connection on my end. Down to deleting and reinstalling the app. Is anyone experiencing this. What did you do to resolve the issue or is this entirely on kabam?
    I asked what they thought I should do and I’ve received a we won’t refund the items and boost you have used on this run we’re going to look in to it. Pretty frustrating having my brand new 5/65 spark Locked up and I would prefer to have not wasted items.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It's a known and device specific issue. Wait for the fix, if there is ever one
  • Thank you for the advice.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    Any update please...at this stage we can’t do variant which is unfair to us...
    Any update please...at this stage we can’t do variant which is unfair to us...
  • ZyBoltZyBolt Posts: 5
    edited February 2019
    As far as I've tested, it occurs on most (all?) drones on the variant levels. Though, I thought I got through a few drones on 2.1 before it first impacted me. The issue appears to affect iPhone6 and below (I have an iPhone5s) based on the comments so far. Yours is the first case I've heard on the iPad.

This may be a "device specific issue", but the iPhones are ubiquitous. Data from late 2018 indicated iPhone6s and iPhone7 to be the most common iPhones in use:

"In terms of hardware, the iPhone 7 is the most used iPhone currently on the market, accounting for 17.34 percent of iPhones. The iPhone 6s is the second most popular model at 13.01 percent, followed by the iPhone 7 Plus at 12.06 percent."

Combined iPhone5/5c/5s/6/6+/6s market share (31.53%) exceeds the iPhone7 and iPhone7+ combined. I'm sure these numbers have shifted since September, but I doubt significantly. A lot of users will be affected by this bug even if they haven't realized it yet.
  • JeryG8terJeryG8ter Posts: 71
    can we get an update please
    i have 2 device and both of them crash fighting drones.
    its been 2 weeks already and we are unable to complete Variant
    Update please!!
  • ReemReem Posts: 4
    After the masochism modok I got ambushed by a skill sentinel but every time I try to start the fight the game crashes
    Normal for now. Try again until it doesn't crash
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    So I’m in variant 2.3. Near the boss. Got ambushed by cosmic symb. Everytime I start the fight the game closes. I’ve tried to start the fight 20-30 times now. Guess i have to quit out and lose my progress?
    Again, it's a known and device specific issue. Wait for the fix if there ever is one
    edited February 2019
    You’re funny with your “again”. But thank you anyway
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Yeah happened to me too
  • JavierSG91JavierSG91 Posts: 5
    its happening to me as well, im in 2.2 and im getting ambushed by an skill dron, i cant start the fight because the game crashes
  • Device: Iphone 6
    Device Operating System: 12.1.4
    Wifi
    Game Version: 12.3
    Game Mode: variant 3.1
    Description: Game crashes everytime i get to the Ultron Drone. It freezes at the champion selection screen and then crashes. I tried re-installing the game and changing paths but its the same. Seems a lot of us are experiencing the same issues.
    The issue with the Drones, network issues, lagging and sudden crashes.
    Could you please give us any time frame to when this issue might be fixed ? I cant complete Variant because im stuck on 3.1 !!
  • PiccoloSBCPiccoloSBC Posts: 103
    Every time I try to fight him it crashes the game. The incoming transmission part loads, then the game just crashes. I am using an iPhone 6. It’s the skill drone on the burden of might path.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    This just happened to me. Fix your game Kabam.
  • Emil_LimsonEmil_Limson Posts: 17
    Same thing happened to me but it's ch 2.3 in my case
    It's the silly cutaway story text/animation, that no one reads anyway, that's causing the issue. Wish they would give the player the option of disabling it. @Kabam Zibiit
    Most of us have already done this. The disconnect is that there has been no warning or anything of the nature to warn players to not play Variant until the issue has been resolved. The result is players going into the content without said warning and losing items (Team revives, revives, potions, etc.) and having to quit out. Real f'd up stuff on Kabam's part.
  • DatDudeCGDatDudeCG Posts: 12
    Started crashing on me once I reached the Ultron’s of Chapter 2.1. Sent a ticket to Kabam yesterday which they instructed me to fill out a crash report and they closed my ticket without doing anything. That level of help is what all companies should strive for 🤦🏻‍♂️. Had to take the punch to the gut today and quit the mode since AQ started and I couldn’t go wait any longer for assistance. Good times.
  • NischalNischal Posts: 6
    This bug is very irritating. I haven’t been able to play act 4 or variant for almost a month.
    This might be a device specific bug but has to be fixed and we should also be given compensation for it.
    Please fix it in the March update.
    Yea. Using items and getting to the last node before boss just to have to quit out is getting old. Can you confirm you will let us know when this is fixed?
  • It seems that when I’m running through different variant quests, whenever I run into an ultron drone it causes my game to crash. I get to the node, and the game will either crash before or after I press the fight button. Sometimes, it will start to load the fight, and then freeze and crash before I get into the fight itself. I have a video of it occurring, but I’m not sure how to post it here. I use an iPhone 6, and close all apps before trying to fight. Any help or fixes would be appreciated
  • Hey,

I can't complete any quest in Variant right now because my game crashes every time I enter a fight against an Ultron drone.

Phone: iPhone 6
    iOS 12.1.4
    Game Version: 21.3
    Last incident: Today against the final boss in 1.1 Variant (Ultron drone with BPs specials)

Has anyone faced the same problem?
    @Kabam Miike : Is this a known issue? Thanks in advance!