**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Doc Oc Tech?

Rhetorical question, but still. Kabam you trigger me. -_-

Comments

• KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    Why is Winter Soldier a skill champ?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Due to his abilities and because he uses technology to fight ...
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Lol go to 5.4.6
  • Due to his abilities and because he uses technology to fight ...

Actually, its better if you are completely ignorant of his abilities.

The class system is not clearly defined and somewhat arbitrary, so in general it is fine for the devs to pick one of a number of reasonable options and then design the champion accordingly. Classic Spiderman and Stark Enhanced Spiderman are both essentially the same character, but Classic Spiderman emphasizes the powers due to his science origin and Stark Enhanced Spiderman emphasizes the abilities due to his technological armor. It isn't perfect but these are reasonable choices.

But Doc Oc is even with the maximum benefit of the doubt an unforced error. On paper, you could classify Doc Oc as science or as technology, but once you make that choice the designers should have tried to emphasize it. Instead, the champion design emphasizes science rather than tech. His core ability is actually called "Scientific Method" and the research categories in that ability permeate all his special attacks; his signature ability also enhances this ability.

All they needed to do is call these things "inventions" rather than "research" and problem solved, but the designer apparently didn't think it was worth the five seconds it would have taken to fix this conceptual error.
  • Drooped2 wrote: »
    Oh God the things that could be argued to each champ.is endless.

Science and technology are often a mixed bag.

Antman suit? Science
    Stark tech.
    No science in desogning an arc reactor? I call that bluff.

Calling the Iron Man suit "tech" doesn't mean it doesn't contain science in it. The class designations nowhere state that the presence of one factor means all others don't exist. Without skill, the champions can't stand upright at all, because that's a skill. Arc reactors are technology, but so are zippers. The class designations are points of emphasis, not mutually exclusive partitions.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Other things to keep in mind:
    He has armor up, which is something very common in the tech class. And he has heal block and power lock (power manipulation) as well, which again is something a lot of tech champions have (yondu, sentinel, darkhawk, ultron classic, howard the duck, IW IM, Vulture, etc)
  • Why is quake science?
  • RustyWarRustyWar Posts: 40
    edited February 2019
    need to get rid of the class system... it has no real purpose other than confuse people and replace it with I don’t know just off the top of my head avengers, mutants, guardians, inhumans, symbiotes ect or even something simple like heroes and villains

The class advantage is irrelevant at the end of it
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Science is tech and tech is science
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★
    I just think of the Tech class as characters that mainly use gadgets or gizmos as a way to fight. Doc Ock with his tentacles, Iron men with their armor, Green Goblin with his Goblin gear, Rocket with his junk, it's all just revolved around their gadgets and mechanisms.

Science is more like some type of change has occurred in their body, that has changed their bilogical structure entirely, such as gamma rays, radioactive spider bite, or getting their head enlarged.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I just think of the Tech class as characters that mainly use gadgets or gizmos as a way to fight. Doc Ock with his tentacles, Iron men with their armor, Green Goblin with his Goblin gear, Rocket with his junk, it's all just revolved around their gadgets and mechanisms.

Science is more like some type of change has occurred in their body, that has changed their bilogical structure entirely, such as gamma rays, radioactive spider bite, or getting their head enlarged.

^That. Although Doc Oc's tentacles are deeply linked to his neuron system, he is still a human with some extensions. He has no change in biological make-up.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019

That. Although Doc Oc's tentacles are deeply linked to his neuron system, he is still a human with some extensions. He has no change in biological make-up.

Except, of course, that Ant Man, Wasp and Yellowjacket are clearly wearing tech suits.
    Snizzbar wrote: »

That. Although Doc Oc's tentacles are deeply linked to his neuron system, he is still a human with some extensions. He has no change in biological make-up.

Except, of course, that Ant Man, Wasp and Yellowjacket are clearly wearing tech suits.

They have technological suits, but there main abilities revolve around the Pym Particles, which changes their biological structure for then to shrink.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

They have technological suits, but there main abilities revolve around the Pym Particles, which changes their biological structure for then to shrink.

24egcgfm10t5.jpeg

24egcgfm10t5.jpeg

Well, that got hostile rather quickly. But I'll just ignore it.

Think about the suit and the Pym Particles as separate elements. You take the Pym Particles away from the tech suit and all you have is a suit that doesn't shrink. Sure, Wasp and Yellowjacket still have laser beams, but the main purpose for those suits is shrinking. That's why I would consider all 3 of those champs science because their powers revolve around the Pym Particles.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Maybe its cause he has gigantic tentacles made by technology
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    I think you're a couple years late.