**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

On the new 5* crystal announcement

Comments

• Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    That's a neverending cycle. There will always be Featured Champs, and they will become old eventually. They will inevitably be added to Crystals.

That specifically was NOT true until 24 hrs ago, hence the request for compensation.
  • BertoBerto Posts: 1
    I agree with Philly Eagle on the fact that EVERYONE should be compensated. The game always cater to the ones who spend lots of money. I have played for 2 years but have spent maybe a total of $50 . I have always grinded arenas and run quests, as well as not complained about any of the nonsense changes that have been made so far. Catering to the big spenders and forgetting about the rest of us is a good example of the "keeping the rich richer"
  • Sha59Sha59 Posts: 36
    Rvz wrote: »
    i agree with Sha59, and im one of the ppl that completed LOL after 12.1 xD

Altho Sha, you know if they started giving compensation to people that completed LOL before 12.1, there would be another shitstorm of people complaining because they would claim they couldnt even do LOL since no starlord, or well they could, but that wouldnt be the smartest thing to do.

ah well, we can discuss this till hell freezes over, but you know who gives absolutely 0 ****? good guy kabam :p

You are right we could argue this forever.

Like derank tickets getting people out of jail for very bad 5* ranking choices.

However as you said, LOL was possible with a 4* SL before but for around 1.5 times the cost compared to a 5*

I actually feel sorry more for the guys that did it pre 12.0 with a 4* SL , they are actually the ones that got screwed the most cause it can now be done with a 4* for close to what it could be done with a old 5*
  • WhoKnowsITWhoKnowsIT Posts: 87
    Wow some friends really payd 500 euros for those crystals from that offer somewhere last week and got Moro for example... now he will be added to the regular 5* crystals unbelievable!!

With these new 5* champs added it should be fair to atleast give us some rank down tickets!!

Plus we now why you guys are adding those crappy new 5* lets be fair.. It's just a way to drop down the change to pull and eventually dupe starlord 5*
  • Edge234Edge234 Posts: 38
    Why should people that have 100% lol get compensation? How about the people that completed it after they changed it and made it harder. Should they get some different compensation? Kabam often move the goalposts and the only people that benefit are the ones that got in early. Everyone knows that other champs will be released and people will wish they ranked differently. But it's your choice to rank a champ without knowledge of what will happen further down the line
  • JwBeRJwBeR Posts: 1
    Slowly we will spent just money without to have fun anymore ..
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    My issue is more about how many shards the 5* are. 10000? 15000? It was fine as long as you had a decent chance on getting the champ you want, but now it's going to be ridiculous if i wait a month to get a 5* and it's Spider-Gwen (who is pretty badno matter what anyone tries to say).

This will create more of a gap between the top alliances and medium alliances, so is this what Kabam is trying to do, or is this an unintended consequence?

It will just make it harder for medium to high medium alliances to keep up with the upcoming content. Because we all know that the future content is designed for 4/55 5* at least.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    The cost should come down at least in half. But it wont
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I just like how they promise openness and transparency. I haven't seen any though. Still just dropping bombs lol.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    My issue is more about how many shards the 5* are. 10000? 15000? It was fine as long as you had a decent chance on getting the champ you want, but now it's going to be ridiculous if i wait a month to get a 5* and it's Spider-Gwen (who is pretty badno matter what anyone tries to say).

This will create more of a gap between the top alliances and medium alliances, so is this what Kabam is trying to do, or is this an unintended consequence?

It will just make it harder for medium to high medium alliances to keep up with the upcoming content. Because we all know that the future content is designed for 4/55 5* at least.

I think they do it to keep the crystals balanced. You can't just have crystals with the best and the greatest champions, we need "bad" champions in the crystals
  • j00mBAj00mBA Posts: 24
    BDLH wrote: »
    Everyone complaining that people who are unhappy with recent Featured pulls deserving what they got is missing the picture. Many of us used all our resources with the notion that once they are gone from the Featured you can never, ever get them again. In light of all this talk about "transparency", if Kabam knew this was coming up (they did NOT just spontaneously decide this today), a decent and ethical company would have given months of notice since that's how long it takes even higher tier players to save up 45-60k shards to feel they have a decent shot at the current champ. Even missing the current featured isn't that bad - near god tier champs are about to be released into the basics we'd all prefer over Nebula, Cable, King Groot, etc. They had the OPTION to inform us about these changes earlier and chose not to so they could milk more money through shady practices. Nothing has changed about this company despite the huge backlashes they've recently received. They are still driven by nothing but greed and fake transparency and just like throwing the word around since it sounds cool.

BETTER champs are being added for cheaper. They knew this months ago but did not want to ruin sales so purposely milked as many featured sales and 4-star sales (which are becoming obsolete as eventually all 4 stars will be added to the 5-star pool).

We are not sore losers about not getting the featured champ - we knew there's a good 80% chance or so that the pull would result in a fail and we take responsibility for accepting the risk.

We ARE sore about using up months worth of shards when BETTER champs we really want are coming out 13 days later for much cheaper and we could have made a better informed decision if Kabam really were TRANSPARENT about their plans. Selling obsolete deals days before a huge announcement is made is shady. NOT being transparent when you claim you are is shady.

If you can defend their stance that there is nothing wrong with these practices, you must be one of the 3 famous prolific posters who barely know how to play the game and defend Kabam regardless of their practices. Please do us a favor and just identify yourselves with your old identities so we can just start the ignores now and not waste time reading through your BS.

Totally the point.

5K is large amount of shards to pay for some champ that will be added to basic in days.
    At the same time compensation chances are pretty grim, cause Kabam holds complete authority regarding these sort of decisions.

But some level of acknowledgement will reduce the increasing distrust.

Lastly the 5* crystal deal was not a good action, given that these very champs will be added to 10K shards very shortly.
  • Try not to get wrapped up n the details of my suggested "compensation". I obviously didn't ask for a lot of input from the higher players. Those are more suggestions than anything, and mostly motivated by the frustration I saw from my close friends yesterday.

The bottom line is this, yesterday's announcement changed the landscape for the top tier players and alliances. Yet the announcement was made without admission that this new system do you value what people have been working for spending in the last six months.

All I'm asking for is for the game team to recognize this and make it right.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    My 2 cents...

1. You had to figure that sooner or later this was going to happen. There was no way they were ever going to keep all features out of the crystal. I'm happy to see this change, personally.

2. I feel bad for the guys that bought the $500 "deal" last week. That said, we all know that the game is ever changing. Is it bad timing to offer the deal, and one week later make this change? Yes. But over all this needed to be done, whether now, or a month from now.

Good luck on your pulls, everyone. I don't have that elusive 5 star Star Lord, and now, I likely will never see him, let alone dupe him. Lol.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    I agree with Mutamatt, I bought the $500 deal because I thought featured champs are rare and would remain relatively rare, and at the pace they were adding new champs to the basic crystal, I thought it was a nice way to jump ahead and get something that wouldn't be offered for a very long time. Now that they totally turned the system upside down, I just feel royally duped. But as I said, I am only 1 voice of the Whales. I can't spend anymore on this game. I just can't these business practices are terrible, they just don't have any respect for the big spenders that move this game and line their pockets.
    edited May 2017
    Not sure the problem has anything to do with "we knew the risk stop crying"

It's that Kabam keep saying they will be more transparent. They say they have no plan to re-release featured 5* champs, but there is no way this just happened over night. So, they did know and they are still refusing transparency. With transparency we can make better in-game decisions. Without it you get this.
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    I'm not quite sure about points 2 and 3 but fully agree with point 1

Kabam promised change, and once again took advantage of the player base by offering a rare resource at a high price only to offer the same resource openly after several players bought into the deal

I'd really hoped Kabam would treat their players better after the Doctor Strange fiasco
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    I disagree. You chose to spend on that featured crystal package. If they compensated you then they would have to compensate everyone who bought the doctor strange package, the awakening gem package, etc.
  • dorkpooldorkpool Posts: 5
    So how about the non-top alliance folks​, you know most people, who have to wait months for the next 5* crystal. It's takes forever just to dupe with the current odds. So now the chance to dupe is practically zero, and will only get worse every month. This whole rewards system, not just this 5* thing, does nothing but help the rich get richer. There's no chance a person joining today will ever be able to build the roster to get to tier Alliance or 100% LOL. Especially since you basically needed a duped 5* Star Lord to do it, you have zero chance of ever getting him now with this new system.
  • WarlordWarlord Posts: 2
    So I felt nearly exactly the same as OP.

When I logged in and saw MORDO is being added to the 5* crystals I almost died. I spent a lot of crystals to awaken mordo and he was a very valuable champ this change to the game will completely jerk around the top tier of players .

I also agree with the poster who suggested that the order which featured champions are added should be the order they were introduced, how is regular venom NOT first!

This is seriously not fair to your players who have grinded and spent time in difficult events for shards which are severely losing value with this proposed update.

Making 15,000 shard value feature champions cost 10,000 is WAY too unfair and WAY too much RNG.

*** If anything this proposed new system should be an entirely new crystal which is permanently available and also cost 15,000 shards. The new crystal will be updated with back logged feature champions and then new features as they are added to the premium. Then the 40 or so original champions can go and be added t the 10,000 cost 5* crystal.

Paying 45,0000-60,000 5* shards for a previously featured champion only to have it appear a few months later in the 10,000 crystal option is NOT a good feeling. It literally took longer to acquire the shards than it took for you guys to propose this change.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Mutamatt:

You're absolutely right about the timing of deals, but we've all been there before. A player who looks at a special offer through anything other than a "how is this not an effort to monetize something that will shortly be devalued" lens hasn't been around Kabam games very long.

With that said, deals like the 5* one are necessary to stay on top, and Kabam knows it. Just like T4cc cards were necessary for some to rank up certain prized 4*'s just a short while ago, along with quite a few other deals over the past 6 months. No one put a gun to anyone's head to buy those offers, but neither were they tossed out to the player base willy-nilly. They were done deliberately and knowingly. And I think that's the point you are making. To that extent, I completely agree that it's shady and undermines whatever amount of trust remains in the player base.

Whether restitution is actually due is a pretty hazy area, but it realistically has more to do with economics than it does with right and wrong (see 12.0 fiasco). Sadly, restitution now just serves as a tool to head off or dampen a game revolt. But that's beside the fact--none of it changes the principle that "special" offers now appear to be mere preludes to in game asset devaluation. And that's the key takeaway.

Dr. Zola

dorkpool wrote: »
    So how about the non-top alliance folks​, you know most people, who have to wait months for the next 5* crystal. It's takes forever just to dupe with the current odds. So now the chance to dupe is practically zero, and will only get worse every month. This whole rewards system, not just this 5* thing, does nothing but help the rich get richer. There's no chance a person joining today will ever be able to build the roster to get to tier Alliance or 100% LOL. Especially since you basically needed a duped 5* Star Lord to do it, you have zero chance of ever getting him now with this new system.

I fell you. I'm in a top alli with mutiple r4 5* and many more 5* dupped, so I often forget it's getting harder to climb the prestige ladder.

Hopefully they will do the right thing and either give more opportunities to gather 5* shards that are easier for the newer guys to get, or reduce the cost of basic and featured 5* crystals altogether.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Your "solutions" are extremely unfair to the majority of the player base.

1. First off, no one forced anyone to buy the $500 deal, and additionally history should've taught people to be skeptical of deals such as that one (i.e. the Dr. Strange deal right before he was nerfed - different scenario but the value of the purchase was definitely altered after the fact). Also, If Kabam were originally to offer that deal with the whopping extra 20,000 shards many more people may have bought it that didn't; giving those shards out after the fact would be extremely unfair to those who didn't see the value in just that crystal, but may have seen value with those shards added.

2. No one forced anyone to use the awakening gem on Ultron, I know many who didn't because they didn't see his utility as game changing and worthy of awakening. Better features existed prior to this update, just as they do after. Patience and planning ahead would have fixed that issue. And to top it off, what about all the people who complete LoL post announcement? How is it fair that those who did it before would receive two awakening gems? Additionally, no one forced anyone to rank Ultron, if rank down tickets were to be sent out, they should be provided to everyone not just those people. Bringing back feature champions that everyone thought would never be available again is a game changer.

3. Anyone who recently opened a basic 5* crystal shouldn't be provided extra shards. This would be completely unfair to those who save shards. No one forced them to open a crystal and it is no secret additional 5* champions would be added at some point.

I see where you're coming from with these ideas and understand the frustration, but I think if some sort of compensation or rank down ticket is provided it should be to every single player, not a very specific group.

I normally agree with muttamat, but on this I don't. I don't know how anyone could have not seen something like this coming. Learn from the past. $500 for a chance at a featured champion. Absurd. I have no sympathy for anyone who bought those deals.
    I normally agree with muttamat, but on this I don't. I don't know how anyone could have not seen something like this coming. Learn from the past. $500 for a chance at a featured champion. Absurd. I have no sympathy for anyone who bought those deals.

Didn't mean to quote that other guys post lol
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Warlord wrote: »

When I logged in and saw MORDO is being added to the 5* crystals I almost died. I spent a lot of crystals to awaken mordo and he was a very valuable champ this change to the game will completely jerk around the top tier of players .

I also agree with the poster who suggested that the order which featured champions are added should be the order they were introduced, how is regular venom NOT first!

This is seriously not fair to your players who have grinded and spent time in difficult events for shards which are severely losing value with this proposed update.

Making 15,000 shard value feature champions cost 10,000 is WAY too unfair and WAY too much RNG.

*** If anything this proposed new system should be an entirely new crystal which is permanently available and also cost 15,000 shards. The new crystal will be updated with back logged feature champions and then new features as they are added to the premium. Then the 40 or so original champions can go and be added t the 10,000 cost 5* crystal.

Paying 45,0000-60,000 5* shards for a previously featured champion only to have it appear a few months later in the 10,000 crystal option is NOT a good feeling. It literally took longer to acquire the shards than it took for you guys to propose this change.

So now you have more chances to raise your Mordos sig ability and you are upset?
    Your "solutions" are extremely unfair to the majority of the player base.

I agree with you, they should have seen it coming. It's the typical Kabam bait and switch. HOWEVER this time they did not wait the three months they usually do, so I'm sure many people will be looking for refunds.

PS. I did not buy this deal I know Kabam too well by now. I am not saying everyone go get a refund. I am just stating that it's a likely outcome.
    This doesn't deserve compensation. Now let's talk about all the bugs in the game that everyone deserves compensation from lol. Now back on topic, all the players who bought the deal just needs to contact support and ask to speak with a supervisor. Ask for whatever they want back and get it back. I have seen emails from good friends in the game that spend a ton of money. They have kabam in their pockets. They include "if you don't give me this, I will sacrifice animals until you give it to me". Not making this up either. 10 messages back and forth and then they always get what they want back.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    So "animal sacrifice" is the key phrase?

DZ
  • WarlordWarlord Posts: 2
    Nebula wrote: »
    Warlord wrote: »

So now you have more chances to raise your Mordos sig ability and you are upset?

That's not the point. I can already raise his sig ability with the 5* stone opportunities.

Now he has lost all value as a top prestige and defensive champ as he will be spread far and wide in the regular cost crystals.
    These were never regular cost champions from the 50% increased cost to even try to get one , to the scarcity with which they were available.

There's no rhyme or reason that makes sense where mordo especially is being added to the 10,000 cost 5* crystal. Not to mention iceman & voodoo, these are high caliber and should be high cost (benit actual money or time spent) to attain champions as they have been.
This discussion has been closed.