**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rule Clarification re: Account Sharing

IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
I know account sharing is against the TOS. Help me make sure I'm not breaking any rules please.

I have two accounts I play. Me and only me. I play them on two different mobile devices in my home, though I travel a lot so my location changes.

My friend has another account. He lives in a different country. I've never used his account and don't intend to. My friend plays on his parents' mobile device. He does not have a phone of his own powerful enough to run the game.

Next month my friend is coming to live with me for a month.

So... we are wondering... if he uses one of my two devices to log in to his account and play while he is here.... is that going to show up as account sharing? I assume detection is somewhat automated. If your program sees my friend's account logged in from my device in my country... will that potentially get either of us banned? Obviously we'd both like to avoid that.

He will not be logging in from his country or from his own device while he is here... so... it would never be that, for instance, he logs in in country A one minute and then in the next minute logs in from country B...
but after the summer he will go home and be back to using his parents' phone again.

Please let me know if this is all okay or not. Don't want to risk it with all the bans going around lately.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    It will be considered account sharing, but I doubt that you'll get penalized for that
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    It's the weekend you might not get a mod response might wanna send in a support ticket to be sure
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    That is not account sharing that is device sharing. You should have nothing to be concerned about. However the question is suspicious and sounds like setting up an alibi ahead of time for your "friend" so I think asking it may cause extra attention to be brought to your accounts. ;)
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    It will be considered account sharing, but I doubt that you'll get penalized for that

How???? He's playing his own account. What device you play on doesn't matter as long as its your account
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    That is not account sharing that is device sharing. You should have nothing to be concerned about. However the question is suspicious and sounds like setting up an alibi ahead of time for your "friend" so I think asking it may cause extra attention to be brought to your accounts. ;)

Wow really. Guy asked a question and you're questioning his integrity. Nice
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    We won't risk it until I get a moderator response.

I know it sounds suspicious. It could also potentially look suspicious. Which is why I'm asking.

I know that, technically, we're not planning to break any rules. But that's small consolation if my friend's account gets banned.

So what I'm concerned about is how they determine account sharing has taken place (whether or not it has is really beside the point, as I've never heard of a case where an appeal was even listened to. Bans tend to be final).

@ex: if it *was* determined that we were account sharing... they certainly would care... and we certainly would risk getting banned. It happens. And account sharing is explicitly unambiguously against the ToS. Device sharing, not. If we both started playing from the same country and were brothers always living together.... I wouldn't even ask. That wouldn't look suspicious. An account signing in from one country and one device, then the next month signing in from a different country and a different device (a device used by another account), then two months later signing in from the first country and first device.... I thought maybe this would be suspicious and get flagged by one of their bots. I don't want to do that. If there's even a small chance this could happen.... then... my friend will just have to take a vacation from the game for a month or so.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    We won't risk it until I get a moderator response.

I know it sounds suspicious. It could also potentially look suspicious. Which is why I'm asking.

I know that, technically, we're not planning to break any rules. But that's small consolation if my friend's account gets banned.

So what I'm concerned about is how they determine account sharing has taken place (whether or not it has is really beside the point, as I've never heard of a case where an appeal was even listened to. Bans tend to be final).

@ex: if it *was* determined that we were account sharing... they certainly would care... and we certainly would risk getting banned. It happens. And account sharing is explicitly unambiguously against the ToS. Device sharing, not. If we both started playing from the same country and were brothers always living together.... I wouldn't even ask. That wouldn't look suspicious. An account signing in from one country and one device, then the next month signing in from a different country and a different device (a device used by another account), then two months later signing in from the first country and first device.... I thought maybe this would be suspicious and get flagged by one of their bots. I don't want to do that. If there's even a small chance this could happen.... then... my friend will just have to take a vacation from the game for a month or so.

Dude you won't get banned, I would just giving up 1 of the accounts while he is there if he is gonna be using a phone.

If it shows him, and then your other account and him again etc... that looks dodgy.

But I am pretty sure you won't be banned for him using the phone for a month on his own account.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Account sharing is when you use another person's log in details and play for them on their account, devices don't matter as long as it's your account your playing on. So if he uses one of your devices, that's fine as long as he logs in with his account info
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

How???? He's playing his own account. What device you play on doesn't matter as long as its your account

OP said he plays on two devices. Therefore logging an account that doesn't belong to him will be considered account sharing.
    If OP didn't played on two devices, then that would be different
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    That is 100% okay
  • As long as you're both playing on your own accounts, this should be totally fine. Just remember to have your friend log out of your device before he leaves again!
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Thanks Mike