**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Allaince War Defense Synergies

Have the AW defense synergies ever been fixed?

Comments

• JCPer14JCPer14 Posts: 79
    Not yet.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    ooh 6 furies Medusa
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Please don't add them. It will just be a money grab fiesta
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    oh god no, aw defense synergies plus the nodes will be impossible.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Don't fix them Kabam.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Imagine fighting through the last 15% of IMIW only to have him regen back to 20% with the Hela/Angela synergy. No thanks.
  • Darklord2099Darklord2099 Posts: 13
    It would only be fun to be creative for alliance to place defensive synergies that can be seen when the attacker is going to attack the node plus remove those bs defence buff like buffet, counter attack,... just keep those true strike, boost, stun immune, etc. can be fun cause nodes will be so different from every war depending on how defence is assembled. Very important the attacker can see the activated synergy before going in.
  • Darklord2099Darklord2099 Posts: 13
    Increase fight time to 4 mins as well
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    SEMOlette wrote: »
    Here is my 2 cents, for what is is worth. I believe synergies should work as intended when placing defense for war, why because that is how the game was intended to work. War is the most competitive part of this game and by synergies not working as intended we are losing an edge. I agree fight time should be increased to 5 minutes, but you shouldn't be able to see what synergies are active. By knowing it takes the competitive edge away.

A big problem I have with this is none of the interactions have been tested with the nodes and it will turn the middle section into an absolute disaster. At this point it’s a Pandora’s box.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    SEMOlette wrote: »
    Here is my 2 cents, for what is is worth. I believe synergies should work as intended when placing defense for war, why because that is how the game was intended to work. War is the most competitive part of this game and by synergies not working as intended we are losing an edge. I agree fight time should be increased to 5 minutes, but you shouldn't be able to see what synergies are active. By knowing it takes the competitive edge away.

But the synergies existed before there was AW and so your argument is invalid. Most of the people pushing for defensive synergies to work are in lower tier allys. They will also be the first to complain because they don't fully understand the implications.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    This thread will only give kabam the idea to fix them sooner. I think there should be no synergies at all in aw. None on defense and non on offense. Get rid of trinities, get rid of half the forums.
  • Was just wondering if they’ve been fixed y’all. Didn’t want to run into people taking advantage of synergies and not have my own defense set up with synergies as well. Thanks for the help. :)
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Let alliances decide before they attack if they prefer the synergies to be active for the defenses they will be facing. That way the masochists and the majority can be happy. 😃
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    They can't keep buffing nodes and then suddenly drop synergies on us. Not if they want people to keep playing AW anyways.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Wow...im fairly new to the game. I set my dedenders up to all have synergies. Now im learning from this that they dont work? Why have the defender synergy icon appear then? Seems very misleading
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    The worst idea ever is to have defensive synergy in war. People who are asking for it really don’t understand the impact it will have.
  • Neotwism wrote: »
    Wow...im fairly new to the game. I set my dedenders up to all have synergies. Now im learning from this that they dont work? Why have the defender synergy icon appear then? Seems very misleading
    Well you’re welcome for the info. Lol don’t set them up for synergies.
  • While I agree that AWD synergies could make some nodes significantly more difficult, I believe they should be part of AW. These synergies would add a constant fresh aspect to every AW, and keep the defender pool less predictable. Currently, most nodes lend themselves to a few champs, so rarely do you come across a "surprise" defender.

Attackers should have the ability to see active synergies before the enter the fight, which could easily be done by updating the "Scouter lens" mastery to show active synergies. The current iteration of AW shows the defenders class, so this mastery has little value as its currently defined.

The implementation of synergies would be tricky , as several of trickier node buffs (ie masochism) would need to be removed prior to activating synergies to prevent impossible nodes. Node buffs could be added back after some time has passed, and node metrics have be analyzed.

The synergies are part of the game, and incorporating them into AW is where these actually make the most impact. This would add value to some champs that are currently usable aside form arena fodder.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    This would cause chaos for AW, and most alliances I think would focus on AQ since it gives better resource rewards than AW does now.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I'd love to see synergies working in aw d. hulk could get a kill, finally some use for him. also medusas with 6 furies would die faster to my symbiote supreme. only bad champ to fight is km with his regen, but if it based on base hp, absolutely not a problem as well
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    they are not broken, and the synergies as is will never be part of AW defense, per Kabam. They are considering making new synergies for war.
  • Hello,

We don't have any new information to share about the status of Synergies in Alliance War Defense at this time. This discussion will be closed since the question has been answered previously and this is a revived very old thread.
This discussion has been closed.