**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What's Coming up in March

xyimoqmthoth.jpg
Hello Summoners!

Are you as excited as we are for the release of Captain Marvel? She’ll be making her way to Contest and bringing along the much requested Nick Fury! This month, we’ll join them in the fight against the Skrulls, and assist Nick Fury by gathering Intel on the inhabitants of The Battlerealm!

New Champions!

Captain Marvel, A.K.A. Carol Danvers, was a United States Air Force pilot that found herself reborn as a Kree warrior after a near-fatal accident. Under the guidance of the Kree Starforce commander Mar-Vell, she learned how to control her immense binary power, activating it in bursts of intense strength, incredible durability, and explosive energy attacks.

Nick Fury, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., is an exceptional strategist and master combatant. Thanks to scientifically-enhanced longevity, Fury has been able to hone both his martial and tactical skills with decades of active duty and espionage across a variety of war zones. These skills allow him to build up powerful counter-tactics against seemingly unbeatable foes, and hit them where it hurts.

Battlerealm: Under Siege!

Captain Marvel calls upon The Summoner with alarming news: the Battlerealm has been invaded by shape-shifting Skrulls! With the aid of Captain America, Captain Marvel leads an incursion into the Forbidden Territories to root out the Skrulls and exterminate their forces.

Her plans quickly become complicated by the arrival of a new Carol Danvers, who is being pursued by none other than Nick Fury himself. Who is the doppelganger Danvers? What secrets does Fury hold? Allegiances will be tested and imposters exposed in Battlerealm: Under Siege!

Who knows? Maybe there are Skrulls among us right now, just waiting to be exposed!

Nick Fury’s Recon Initiatives!

The Battlerealm is full of countless Allies and Enemies, and Nick Fury wants to know everything about all of them! Join him in a month long Event to gather Intel on the Champions of the Battlerealm!

Summoners can Assist Nick Fury by gathering Intel, as payment they can trade that Intel for rewards such as T5B Catalyst Fragments, 5 and 6-Star Crystal Shards, Hero Crystals, and even a 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal!

These 4 Quests will be released over the course of the month, and feature the return of Champion Requirements!

Mysterious Messages…

Summoners have been reporting that they’ve been receiving mysterious messages about the history of The Contest… Who is sending these messages and what are they up to?

Watch for more information on all of the above as we get closer to launch!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Calling it right now she is a skrull since the start gathering info on the battlerealm so when the time is right the skrulls can invade which happens to be now after Infinity Thanos has left the contest in shambles and power for the battlerealm up in the air ever since.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    They sound exciting! So excited for March 6th and beyond!
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Think it's gonna be like GPGTTM right now how things are unlocked it sure sounds like it.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Considering theres t5b, 6* shards and a 5* gem up for grabs i highly doubt its gonna be like Gwen pool goes to movies. If anything it'll probably be similar to the valor store from the thor ragnarok event as @TheSquish671 said
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Will there b valor star dust store best thing u have done for game
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Could we get a little more advance guidance on champion requirements? There aren’t going to be star-based requirements, are they? I just want time to accrue those low level catalysts if needed.

(If it really is like GP where you just need Champion X for Quest Y, great.)
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Jestress wrote: »
    Battlestar galactica called... it wants its plotline back.
    Not sure which part you are referring to but Ms. Marvel and her origin pre-dates the original battlestar galactica by over a year.
  • BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298
    I have to ask this why new Captain Marvel? Why not improvise the existing one like venom
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    This will definitely be one of the synergy masters. But if he doesn’t stack fury that would suck.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Nick Fury will be Black Widow 2.0 in the same way Symbiote Supreme replaced Dr Strange.

Introduce a new character instead of buffing the existing one and adding them to the 5* pool. (yes I know BW is made available as a 5* in limited crystals)
  • BlackSaChi wrote: »
    I have to ask this why new Captain Marvel? Why not improvise the existing one like venom

There's a lot of answers to this question, but the one that's probably closest to the truth but would not satisfy you is "because they wanted to make a new Captain Marvel." No one chooses to do anything because they specifically look for reasons not to do everything else. Most of the time, they pick a thing to do, then do it.

More specifically, they made improvements to Venom almost certainly because Venom was on their list of champions to eventually revamp due to performance issues. But probably neither currently existing (Danvers) Captain Marvels are on that list, and contrawise there may have been enough changes to backstory, appearance and the mechanics they wanted to highlight to warrant a new champion creation. Which ultimately boils down to: that's what they preferred to do.
  • Jestress wrote: »
    Battlestar galactica called... it wants its plotline back.
    Not sure which part you are referring to but Ms. Marvel and her origin pre-dates the original battlestar galactica by over a year.

I suspect this is a reference to the similarities between the Skrull invasion plot and the rebooted Galactica plot involving disguised Cylons. Of course, while the Marvel comics Secret Invasion storyline doesn't predate the rebooted Galactica, the Skrulls themselves and their shape shifting shenanigans predates all versions of Galactica.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’m hooping for that 5* awakening gem crystal. I need one for my new voodoo
  • ToxicBladeToxicBlade Posts: 62
    This seems like an awesome event! Hopefully android actually gets the update on the same day though
  • I'm super excited about March... Act 6 as been much anticipated since the completion of Act 5... I can't wait to clear it 100%, get that 6* generic awakening gem, and get that 'Elder's Bane II' title... keep up the great work @Kabam Miike and team.

ML Sims
  • I wonder if the rewards are set or chance. Like will your for sure get the 5* AG crystal or is it just a low chance at it. I’d rather it be harder but guaranteed rewards.
  • I wonder if the rewards are set or chance. Like will your for sure get the 5* AG crystal or is it just a low chance at it. I’d rather it be harder but guaranteed rewards.

It sounds to me like it won't be chance, but it might require collecting near the maximum amount of Intel, the earnable currency (the announcement states that the event revolves around earning "Intel" and using that to buy rewards).
  • Bgchow13Bgchow13 Posts: 39
    I had a problem with the first sentence: "Are you as excited as we are for the release of Captain Marvel?"

She was among the first champions released in The Contest. I am highly disappointed she was not respeced like Venom or Spider-Gwen. Kabam showed they can completely alter a character's SP1 with Spider-Gwen; and the old Captain Marvel's uniform is nearly identical to the movie version. It honestly looks like the only difference is the sash. Even the trailers to the movie show that Captain Marvel can transform her headgear into what the original Captain Marvel wears.

Unless there is a surprise crossover between the two characters you haven't told us about yet, then this is poorly conceived addition to The Contest and for your customers.