**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

NVIDIA Shield K1 Tablet

Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,144 ★★★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Does anybody use this tablet to play on? Is it still reliable? Please share your opinions.

Comments

• JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Buy ipad pro 11 inch.android not good for game if can’t buy ipas pro 11 wait for new 9.7 inch ipad coming 22 march
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    or the new ipad mini that is rumored for next month.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Yeah new iPad mini coming too
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,144 ★★★★
    Buy ipad pro 11 inch.android not good for game if can’t buy ipas pro 11 wait for new 9.7 inch ipad coming 22 march

Yeah im not buying a $1000 ipad for the sake of this game. I was simply asking if the nvidia shield tablet is still one of the best options still available for android.
  • EggmanPEIEggmanPEI Posts: 16
    I used the Nvidia Shield K1 up until the time when the overheating issues came around. The actual fights on the tablet are fine.. it's everything else that will drive you nuts. Very long load times for everything you try to do, especially before and after a fight (can be up to a 60 second load time). All the background animation fluff in the UI menus are super laggy and jittery. I used to love using this tablet since the touch screen was spot-on for accuracy and if I got hit, it was pretty much always my fault (was my go-to for AQ and AW fights). I don't know what was changed in the codebase since the overheating debacle, but it ended up putting this tablet on the shelf for this game. Sadly, I've since moved on to an iPad and/or my iPhone.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I need to agree with Eggman. The fights are fine and it is actually prettier on the shield (special effects added). It was great before the overheating, but since then, it acts like a memory leak. The more things you do, the longer everything takes to load. Eventually you need to restart to clear it up.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    I've got it and it's OK, but loading time can be a pain, but fights are smooth and touch screen is very responsive. Biggest issue I've had is WiFi connection problems. I've had it a few years so it's been replaced by a Huawei with more ram. No matter how good the apple stuff is it's so overpriced so android wins everytime for me.
  • teucriteucri Posts: 16
    I use that tablet but with the wait times for loading getting longer every patch I'm getting fed up. I'm not buying another thing for this game, so when my patients runs out Kabam will lose another customer.
  • Exact the samd problem with the nvidia shield k1. Fights dunning smooth, but loading times take up from 1-2 minutes and the interface stuck all the time.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »

Yeah im not buying a $1000 ipad for the sake of this game. I was simply asking if the nvidia shield tablet is still one of the best options still available for android.

I know what a rip off, but their fan base keeps them in business, probably same people that call others whales lol