**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

DD unable to evade projectile heavies?

DaphboyDaphboy Posts: 486 ★★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Trying to 100% A5 and just have the collector left. Was fighting with DD 5/50 max sig and messed up dashing away on a heavy attack. Collector hit me and dead. Just curious if this is working as intended? I haven’t tested against other heavies like sparkles or anything. I know he evades dominos medium attack so thought it was odd he didn’t evade a projectile heavy. Maybe because it isn’t a physical attack? Not sure whether his sig specifies that.... I may be able to answer my own question lol

Ok, looked over and tested, it doesn’t specify energy or physical attacks, and does not evade first hit on IMIW heavy nor sparkles.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Daphboy wrote: »
    This was within first 10-15 seconds of fight

Right, so if it decays over time, (I don't remember exactly how it works) he may be at 95% within the first 10 seconds. Low probability to get hit, but still possible.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Im dont Think colotyer hevry is a projtilone either
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    So ...
    Collector's heavy is not a projectile. Neither is Stark spider heavy.

IW IM abilities state that enemies can't evade his repulsor attacks.
    So , working as intended
  • SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    Only project DD doesn't evade is av l1
    edited February 2019
    Like I mentioned too, neither of them are projectiles.
    And to add here too, Modok's heavy is also not a projectile.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    No heavies are projectiles.
    It really is not a projectile ...
    The way is described is irrelevant. How it acts is what really matters. Anyways, this was also confirmed not to be a projectile on his spotlight discussion thread
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Daphboy wrote: »
    But you’re wrong, at very least in the case of sparky. His heavy is actually described as a “webshot”, the same term used to describe his sp2.
    Seems odd that DD can evade projectile medium from domino and yondu, but he is unable to avoid heavies.

Irrelevant what it’s described as, it’s what it’s considered to be in-game.

He can evade yondus Heavy iirc so it’s not that he can’t evade projectile heavies, it’s that the ones you mention aren’t projectiles
  • Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105
    Then only heavy that has an evadable projectile I can think of is Yondu. Have you tried testing against him?
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Woah, you're Blade now! Did you just pull him?
  • Yondu vs OG DD during combos.. DD evades Yondu's 1st and 3rd Light Attack’s (non-contact one’s). Very annoying if you are the Yondu in this fight. Even if Parry DD, parry normally would end before 3rd Light (even when you get past the 1st Light because he's stunned initially).
    Not related to Heavies being mentioned, just interesting if you run into an arena matchup some time.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    Woah, you're Blade now! Did you just pull him?

Yeah.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Dude don’t get worked up too much over it. It sucks but that’s kabam life.

He evades what Kabam wants him to evade.