Champion Spotlight - Mr Sinister

Comments

• trmeccatrmecca Posts: 24
    Game goes down after spending $100 on the Sinister crystal. Open on, try to open the second and it keeps spinning. What was the outage for? Was there a mistake with sinister not being in the Crystal like the 5* punisher was before the hot-fix? I still have 8 Crystals left, just want to know if I should wait before opening.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,319 ★★★★
    trmecca wrote: »
    Game goes down after spending $100 on the Sinister crystal. Open on, try to open the second and it keeps spinning. What was the outage for? Was there a mistake with sinister not being in the Crystal like the 5* punisher was before the hot-fix? I still have 8 Crystals left, just want to know if I should wait before opening.

Don't think he was in the crystals
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Can I ask a question about potential counters to this ability, please?

1 - Can it be glanced? My guess is, no, since the mechanism seems independent of actually getting hit.

2 - Will Civil Warrior's Armours potentially shield him (by reducing offensive ability accuracy)?

1) Nope, Glancing can't stop the Debuff transfer.

2) Yep! Ability Accuracy can stop the transfer, including Concussions, Neurotoxin, and the like.

I'm confused the developer notes states they can't be prevented:

Developer Notes: It’s important to remember that the Transfer of Damaging Debuffs cannot be prevented. Definitely reconsider bringing any epic Bleed champions in against him.

Now you are saying they can be by ability accuracy??? This is completely different than what the developer has stated??? Which is right?

Ability accuracy reduction is not modifying the effect of the ability, but reducing the ability from triggering in the first place. That's how sabretooth with km synergy worked on say.. mordo astral evade, or blade on mephisto regen just as an example. Once the ability is allowed to trigger though, the transfer will happen and can't be prevented (what the developer meant).

Thats not what the developer said though, they said it can't be prevented. Can't be prevented means it will happen no matter what and that includes ability accuracy.

The developer note is abit confusing but I am fairly certain what I wrote is correct and that's what the developers actually meant.

Plus you already got official kabam confirmation that ability accuracy reduction will stop the transfer so not sure what you are looking for here
  • PaytoPlay wrote: »

1 - Can it be glanced? My guess is, no, since the mechanism seems independent of actually getting hit.

2 - Will Civil Warrior's Armours potentially shield him (by reducing offensive ability accuracy)?

2) Yep! Ability Accuracy can stop the transfer, including Concussions, Neurotoxin, and the like.

Developer Notes: It’s important to remember that the Transfer of Damaging Debuffs cannot be prevented. Definitely reconsider bringing any epic Bleed champions in against him.

Now you are saying they can be by ability accuracy??? This is completely different than what the developer has stated??? Which is right?

Ability accuracy reduction is not modifying the effect of the ability, but reducing the ability from triggering in the first place. That's how sabretooth with km synergy worked on say.. mordo astral evade, or blade on mephisto regen just as an example. Once the ability is allowed to trigger though, the transfer will happen and can't be prevented (what the developer meant).

Thats not what the developer said though, they said it can't be prevented. Can't be prevented means it will happen no matter what and that includes ability accuracy.

The developer note is abit confusing but I am fairly certain what I wrote is correct and that's what the developers actually meant.

Plus you already got official kabam confirmation that ability accuracy reduction will stop the transfer so not sure what you are looking for here

Yeah because we've never gotten wrong info on accident before. The developer said can't he didn't say can't except for. Big difference. You are making assumptions I'm asking for a direct answer. Can't should mean no possible way to.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Meh I am done sounding like i am defending kabam. Technical description has always been on the weak side with this game. If u want a developer or a mod to say he/she was wrong so be it, there's no assumption on my end though pretty clear to me.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 1,535 ★★★
    Curious will he as a three star go as high as Havok did in the arena?
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Why cant mr sinister transfer voids debuffs with his sp1? Pulled a 3* mr sinister on my second account and discovered this while playing around with him
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,621 ★★★★
    Why cant mr sinister transfer voids debuffs with his sp1? Pulled a 3* mr sinister on my second account and discovered this while playing around with him

Void’s debuffs aren’t damaging debuffs. Void’s ability causes the damage, not the debuff itself.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

Void’s debuffs aren’t damaging debuffs. Void’s ability causes the damage, not the debuff itself.

Ah ok thanks
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,918 ★★★★★

Thanks Zibiit. Very quick and clear, as always.

Maybe we should start getting Zibiit notes in the spotlights, as well as developer notes ..
    😉
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    1. my biggesy concearn for sinsiter is that he cant REGEN....but you put suicides on reccomended masteries..

sure with suicides..you need to....

1. have to build to sp1
    2. trasnfer the buffs but...they arent stunned so u need to parry to safely1 freeze the debuffs
    3. you eat the recoil also

this is 1 of the "biggest" drawbacks that champion lacks, he is not suicide friendly...
    @Kabam Zibiit
  • WolverineXWolverineX Posts: 31
    Special abilities:

For each science:
    Increasing regeneration rate by 20%.

70%+20%=90% or
    70%, 20%=84%?
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

Yeah because we've never gotten wrong info on accident before. The developer said can't he didn't say can't except for. Big difference. You are making assumptions I'm asking for a direct answer. Can't should mean no possible way to.

it does. place neuros on him with AA. Sinister fires his Sp1, he keeps the neuros. and any bleeds/poisons he had also.
    tried and tested
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    WolverineX wrote: »
    Special abilities:

For each science:
    Increasing regeneration rate by 20%.

70%+20%=90% or
    70%, 20%=84%?

2nd one
  • DRob74DRob74 Posts: 92
    1. my biggesy concearn for sinsiter is that he cant REGEN....but you put suicides on reccomended masteries..

1. have to build to sp1
    2. trasnfer the buffs but...they arent stunned so u need to parry to safely1 freeze the debuffs

this is 1 of the "biggest" drawbacks that champion lacks, he is not suicide friendly...
    @Kabam Zibiit

He is. While running Will Power he will regen. Defeat 3 science champs with him and he’ll regen over the damage if he is max sig.
    DRob74 wrote: »

1. have to build to sp1

@Kabam Zibiit

He is. While running Will Power he will regen. Defeat 3 science champs with him and he’ll regen over the damage if he is max sig.

by the time that happens he was already done a minimum of 3 fights "if" its all science, recoil and dmg over 3 fights will have taken its toll.

and even after that point his regen will not be good enough

I think anyone expecting Kabam to put out a regen champ at Wolverine-level (Deadpool-level has been too ridiculous to even consider from Kabam for a long time) should give up the dream. Every regen moving forward will be semi-garbage. Sinister’s regen is better than nothing, can get to OML’s level with too much work and that’s about it.
    I think anyone expecting Kabam to put out a regen champ at Wolverine-level (Deadpool-level has been too ridiculous to even consider from Kabam for a long time) should give up the dream. Every regen moving forward will be semi-garbage. Sinister’s regen is better than nothing, can get to OML’s level with too much work and that’s about it.

have..you seen omega regen?????
    with suicides hes literally healing, and benefits 200% from it,

His regen capability isn’t terrible. I didn’t say no one has a decent regen no matter what. You have to trade-off his main damage potential for it and his 1.9 immunity gains from suicides but only with willpower.
    That’s not Wolverine-level. Awakened King Groot is the closest that comes to mind right now. Doesn’t need willpower and doesn’t lose anything substantial to get that regen.
    edited February 2019

His regen capability isn’t terrible. I didn’t say no one has a decent regen no matter what. You have to trade-off his main damage potential for it and his 1.9 immunity gains from suicides but only with willpower.
    That’s not Wolverine-level. Awakened King Groot is the closest that comes to mind right now. Doesn’t need willpower and doesn’t lose anything substantial to get that regen.

what u mean its not terible?
    you have to fight "3" science champs in a row to get small regen, if u tested it urself let me know how that works in content like aq/aw

without suicide
    u wont get full effect of his sp1 transfer. so thats also a negative.

with suicides
    the fact hes not immune to bleed/poison, but his sp1 can transfer it is good, but he is "eating" recoil and after suicides wear off, your relying on trying to finish the opponet with as much health as u can.

i used 0 items on map 7 today and used majority of the fights with my omega red/corvus with "self" heal with suicides, and omega sp1 and sp3 heal comes very clutch.

omega sp3 steal power AND health,
    meanwhile sinster sp3 only steal power.

sinister has no sustain heal.
  • Sooooo, @Kabam Zibiit I thought of this while going to bed last night, if you theoretically are running suicides, and have the team synergy that gives your special attacks a chance to stun, could you transfer your double edge via special one, stun through the synergy, and immediately charge your heavy attack to freeze both debuffs? As in, they’re now taking something like 5% of your health per tick and all you have to do is hold heavy for however long it takes to kill them?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,745 ★★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Sooooo, @Kabam Zibiit I thought of this while going to bed last night, if you theoretically are running suicides, and have the team synergy that gives your special attacks a chance to stun, could you transfer your double edge via special one, stun through the synergy, and immediately charge your heavy attack to freeze both debuffs? As in, they’re now taking something like 5% of your health per tick and all you have to do is hold heavy for however long it takes to kill them?

I don't think he can hold heavy forever
    edited February 2019

you have to fight "3" science champs in a row to get small regen, if u tested it urself let me know how that works in content like aq/aw

without suicide

with suicides
    the fact hes not immune to bleed/poison, but his sp1 can transfer it is good, but he is "eating" recoil and after suicides wear off, your relying on trying to finish the opponet with as much health as u can.

i used 0 items on map 7 today and used majority of the fights with my omega red/corvus with "self" heal with suicides, and omega sp1 and sp3 heal comes very clutch.

I thought you were talking about Omega Red. OR’s regen isn’t terrible. It’s situationally really good. Sinister’s regen is goodish for AWD with the boosted health pool and if you suck and still get hit a lot questing. It’s crappy like Sabretooth’s where it’s more beneficial when you don’t get to actually play the champ (AWD) or you suck and keep getting hit. .

without suicide

with suicides

I thought you were talking about Omega Red. OR’s regen isn’t terrible. It’s situationally really good. Sinister’s regen is goodish for AWD with the boosted health pool and if you suck and still get hit a lot questing. It’s crappy like Sabretooth’s where it’s more beneficial when you don’t get to actually play the champ (AWD) or you suck and keep getting hit. .

i am talking about omega red regen its amazing when u can get to 10+ spores and he can regen with sp3 while also draining power

I am not talking about awd,
    I am talking about using him in questing, aq and aw attack. hes is a defender nonetheless.
    I have used both Omega and Corvus for Aw attack and Map 7 with no issues and both are very good with suicides
    both of them are R5 5*

meanwhile sinister with suicides is very underwhelming from my testing as I have him as R4 5*
    we are talking about his "regen" capabilities when using him.
    if you use him with suicides, he is EATING poison and bleed until you hit the Sp1 to transfer the degen THEN
    you are eating the recoil damage after that.

the only way to heal up from that, is to fight a minimum of "3" science champions to get a very small healing
    and that isn't very reliable when ur using him.

AWD is different thing hes a counter to ghost and corvus
    Sooooo, @Kabam Zibiit I thought of this while going to bed last night, if you theoretically are running suicides, and have the team synergy that gives your special attacks a chance to stun, could you transfer your double edge via special one, stun through the synergy, and immediately charge your heavy attack to freeze both debuffs? As in, they’re now taking something like 5% of your health per tick and all you have to do is hold heavy for however long it takes to kill them?

yes his stun if u hold heavy, here video of me doing it

though his damage has been nerf.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,899 Guardian
    edited February 2019

yes his stun if u hold heavy, here video of me doing it

though his damage has been nerf.

But the ability still works off of sinister’s base health, even after the fix, correct?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 1,535 ★★★
    I'm hoping to be able to at least snag a 3* version in the arena.
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    Hi I need an explanation on this.

I brought my Vulture as I thought he would be a good counter for Sinister - Dash back to incinerate Sinister and allow him to transfer the incinerate debuff because I thought Vulture would just convert it to chitauri energy, but I got the incinerate debuff and acquired the full damage in a 4 second duration. Is it supposed to work that way? I thought vulture is incinerate immune.