**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why I didn't r5 Sabertooth

axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
So today I was able to r5 my 3rd 5*. I've wanted to take Sabertooth up for nearly a month (since I took him to r4). But, he rarely gets more than 3 persistent charges and, at r4, I kill most opponents before I'm able to get 3 furies, especially after already having 3 or 4. So, aside from the greater pool of health, his attack doesn't scale enough because at the lower rank, I'm able to get more furies, making him equal to that of a rank 5 with less furies (and, no, I didn't actually do any math). Instead, I r5'd Omega Red (since I already have an r5 Void).

Anyway, I know an r5 Sabertooth would probably be more viable in act 6, variant, and LOL but for aw, aq, and eq, an r4 Sabertooth is more than adequate.

Was I wrong? What's y'all's opinion.

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Dont own any of those champs as 5* let alone have any r5 since i came back 2 yrs ago lol
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    I prob would have still done ST but can see your thought process. And I hear OR is also a beast so...
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Omega red is a god. Smart choice.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    DarthHaas wrote: »
    I prob would have still done ST but can see your thought process. And I hear OR is also a beast so...
    Same
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Forgot to mention, omega is sig 200 while sabertooth is unduped (not that his sig is a game changer).
  • Congrats on the omega r5. At sig200, he's ridiculously good. You made the right call imo
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Yeah just watch some Brian Grant and you'll see some great Omega Red gameplay.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    In that situation, I would have probably ranked up Omega Red also. Not a knock on Sabertooth, but I would be thinking a similar thought: Omega Red benefits more from the rank up than Sabertooth in my opinion because Sabertooth's furies can partially make up the gap.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Or will probably have more utility for the future
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've seen the same reasoning used to not rank up Starlord. I probably would have done Omega as well.