**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 22.0 - Releases March 6th

v22.0 will be available March 6th! Read on to learn about this exciting update!

BATTLEREALM: UNDER SIEGE
With fears of a clandestine SKRULL invasion, CAPTAIN MARVEL reaches out to the Summoners of The Contest, hoping to unveil the shape-shifting aliens and a put a stop to their plans. Entering the FORBIDDEN TERRITORIES, they find another version of Carol Danvers, a CAPTAIN MARVEL of another universe, who has lost her memories upon entering The Battlerealm and brims with cosmic power. With the help of NICK FURY, the three must trust each other to uncover the true threat lurking beneath the surface.

NICK FURY’S RECON INITIATIVE
Fury is looking for a group of remarkable Summoners to infiltrate The Battlerealm as his eyes and ears. Gather INTEL by taking specifically Tagged Champions through weekly Quests. Each week a new team will have to be assembled!

CHAMPION UPDATES
Three Champions have had major updates to keep up with the ever growing challenge of The Contest.

She-Hulk
• New Fury Passives to grant much higher damage output
• New “Slow” Debuff to prevent Unstoppable and Evade abilities from activating
• Re-balanced Special Attack effects with greater utility
• New and updated Synergies

Spider-Gwen
• New Trap Spider and Hunter Spider Passive Effects to increase damage output and lower the opponent's Power Gain rate
• Overhauled Evade mechanic that becomes stronger against Unblockable Special Attacks while also providing an Attack boost

Gamora
• Can now stack Fury and Cruelty Buffs by landing light and heavy attacks
• New Cruelty and Fury Buffs can be refreshed with a Heavy Attack to create increasing damage potential
• Re-balanced Signature Ability that can be re-used during the fight

OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
Alliance Auto-Join
• Find your next great Alliance with the new Alliance Auto-Join feature! The search system automatically tries to find you an active Alliance that suits you

How-To-Play Updates
• New format and updated content for How-To-Play modules, which can be accessed by tapping on a question mark icon in certain screens

Profile Views from Alliance War Map
• You are now able to access the Defender’s Summoner profile directly from the Map by tapping on the icon beside the Defender’s alias

Story Mode Progression Visualization
• A new progress bar on the Story Quests’ screen to indicate progression towards the next Milestone
• Tapping on the progress bar will open a popup with info about all of the Milestones, including how to complete them, the rewards, and more

New Story Mode Milestones
• For new Summoners, Complete Act 1 Chapter 4 to earn a new Title CHALLENGER (Players who have previously completed this content will be receiving their Title in the coming weeks)

BUG FIXES
• Diablo - Fixed an issue where Diablo could gain additional Potion Stacks, even after losing a fight
• Iron Fist - Signature Ability description provides increased detail regarding Armor Breaks duration
• Loki and Rogue - Now able to steal or replicate Heimdall’s Aptitude Buff
• Ronan - Clarified his Special Attack ability description to indicate he can convert Fury Buffs to Weaknesses, not all Fury Effects
• Thing - Added Armor Shatter Immunity info to Ability page
• Fixed an issue where some Ambushes were causing the game to crash for some Players
• Fixed an issue where Mystic Daily Quests contain Science Champions

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Story mode milestones?? I am interested now lol
    edited March 2019
    @Kabam Miike does gamora dupe apply to the changes or does it also apply non dupe?
  • edited March 2019

Just a heads up, these aren't brand new. We've already implemented them lately. Those "milestones" are earned by Finishing Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, Act 4, and Act 5.2. There's just a visualization now to show your progress as you get closer to the next one.

Just a heads up, these aren't brand new. We've already implemented them lately. Those "milestones" are earned by Finishing Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, Act 4, and Act 5.2. There's just a visualization now to show your progress as you get closer to the next one.
    Ahh my bad, i like the idea
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Any story milestones for completing act 5.4 or will the next one just be from act 6?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    No mention of improving the "connectivity" issues in game that are plaguing us right now?

• MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    @Kabam Miike Will the changes to Spider-Gwen and She-Hulk be identical to those of the Beta?
  • @Kabam Miike
    Credit where credit is due. To repeat what someone said earlier, thanks to the Kabaam team for buffing these champs. This does so much for morale. Really looking forward to seeing my 6* Gamora in action with this new update!
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Accessing defender profile from the AW map is hugely helpful.

Now I’m just waiting for Emma’s synergy with Cyclops to be fixed.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/125039/emma-frost-cyclops-synergy-working-as-intended#latest

Vdh2008 said:

No mention of improving the "connectivity" issues in game that are plaguing us right now?

Those optimizations are always ongoing, and we've made some improvements, but I don't want to say that the issue will be completely fixed until we have had some time with the new release out in the wild.
    Thanks, @Kabam Miike ... I'm crossing my fingers.

@Kabam Mike
    Do you guys have any plans on fixing the lag and connection issues? This has gone on long enough. I'm not asking for compensation but for you guys to fix the game.

Asked and answered.
  • RobinziniRobinzini Posts: 4
    We definitely appreciate the efforts of the game team to bring the Legacy champs more up to date with those new champs that are being released. This is a great move and very much appreciated! Thanks to the game team for the time to take these champs up! Gamora is looking good! Thanks team!! Nice work and always appreciate the effort you all put in for this endeavor!!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    So stoked She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen beta changes go live next update.

Is Proxima Midnight not being able to block unblockable attacks due to Map 7's global counterstrike node being looked into?
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    Are these Champion buffs the same that were tested? If not, can you explain the differences?
  • Chumley77Chumley77 Posts: 22
    One of the mods said that the ultron drone in variant issue was being resolved in the next update, is this still happening???? It was definitely all ultron drones, not just ambush drones
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    What about a fix for the "new" banner always appearing?
  • JavierSG91JavierSG91 Posts: 5
    Are you fixing the bug that makes it impossible to fight ultron drons in variant mode because the game crashes?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    My question is for your last announcement on the game becoming unavailable on android up to 4.4 ...

Will at least, this update, be available for those users?
    Unfortunatly, I'm going to be affected by this change. I've been playing this game everyday, for 4 years now and have done everything on the game so far, including LoL and Variant.

And now suddently, I will be forced to stop playing until I get a new device, which really sucks to be honest ...
    Can't say I wasn't expecting this, but it was sooner that I think it would be ...
  • RedPyramidHeadRedPyramidHead Posts: 18
    @Kabam Miike will Spider Gwen still have the slow debuff from her heavy. Didn’t see it in her synopsis. That really gave her some added value and a viable rank up option.

My question is for your last announcement on the game becoming unavailable on android up to 4.4 ...

Will at least, this update, be available for those users?
    Unfortunatly, I'm going to be affected by this change. I've been playing this game everyday, for 4 years now and have done everything on the game so far, including LoL and Variant.

And now suddently, I will be forced to stop playing until I get a new device, which really sucks to be honest ...
    Can't say I wasn't expecting this, but it was sooner that I think it would be ...

You're on a 5 year old phone?
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    So if I’m reading this correctly, spidergwen does not get her “slow debuff” like in the beta? :/
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    Are the reworks of Spidergwen und She-Hulk identical to the beta or are there any changes?
  • SeatinSeatin Posts: 52 ★★★
    Quick question: Has anything changed from the She-Hulk & Spider-Gwen Beta or will those versions of the Champions be going live? Cheers