Champion Spotlight - Captain Marvel

2»

Comments

• KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    neb said:

She looks really average and overly complicated on paper. Why is this spotlight out a week early?

Probably because it was data mined and a lot of her stuff was leaked. Idk, just speculation...

Anyway.. Not super impressed with this iteration of Captain Marvel, not enough to validate the reason for having another CM.

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,525 ★★★★
    Pretty interested with the Rogue synergy, will it be avaible in the 3*s counterpart
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,287 ★★★
    Based on this info, crystal sales will be low and so will arena for her.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,394 ★★★
    This seems more like a buff with a new character model and animations than a new champion. Should have buffed old cap marvel and added s different character to go along with nick fury. At least with imiw he looked useful
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Middle of the pack champ . Was expected . Nick Fury is the real deal
  • Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 96
    edited March 2019

... Not super impressed with this iteration of Captain Marvel, not enough to validate the reason for having another CM.

Lulz: The awesomeness of the champ design is not what drove her inclusion, the coming of the movie drove the desire to add her. I would have rather seen them do the following:
    1. Swap everyone's CM (Classic) and MM (Danvers) so CM is the one that stopped at 4☆
    2. Add the Binary charge mechanics to the 4☆ CM
    3. Run new CM exclusive in 5☆ arena, while CM (classic) runs in 4☆ and 3☆ featured arena
    4. Drop the 6☆ version featured crystal per usual

Or better yet, just buff the existing CM with these abilities and bring Spectrum (Monica Rambeau) as a key plot tie-in playing on the whole former Captain Marvel title.

I'm sure this new CM will be an extremely hard hitting cosmic champ worth acquiring, but I'd've rather gotten a non-variant to reference the movie instead like how they're probably going to drop in a Nick Fury Jr.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,525 ★★★★
    Can we get a confirmation on if that Rogue synergy will be avaible in the 3* Version of CM
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    One word “unstoppable” (sigh not again)
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 779 ★★★
    I have 2 questions @Kabam Zibiit

1) When she is intercepting an enemy's heavy with her heavy, and the enemy doesn't have an Armor Up buff, will the stun effect still takes place?
    2) You said she can still generate Energy Charge through her landed heavy while she is in Binary Ignition. But in her SP1 description, it says generate 2 Energy Charges and will spend 2 Energy Charges if she is in Binary Ignition. So does it mean, when she is in Binary Ignition, the net Energy Charge she will get is 1? Or is this just another unclear description for her ability?
  • antbot2antbot2 Posts: 26
    big spoiler
  • I have 2 questions @Kabam Zibiit

1) When she is intercepting an enemy's heavy with her heavy, and the enemy doesn't have an Armor Up buff, will the stun effect still takes place?
    2) You said she can still generate Energy Charge through her landed heavy while she is in Binary Ignition. But in her SP1 description, it says generate 2 Energy Charges and will spend 2 Energy Charges if she is in Binary Ignition. So does it mean, when she is in Binary Ignition, the net Energy Charge she will get is 1? Or is this just another unclear description for her ability?

1) Yep, the Stun is not reliant on the removal of the Armor Up effects!

2) Her SP1 normally generates 3 Energy Charges but, if she is in Binary Ignition, it will instead expend 2 Energy Charges and make her Beam Attacks in Unblockable for the duration of the attack.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    Incoming Unblockable sp1 and AOW lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 3,305 ★★★★★
    What was the thinking behind the synergy with Classic CM?

It seems like the barest of improvements to Classic CM, and, while I realize Classic CM isn’t trash, the residual luster has faded considerably and she likely doesn’t scratch the Top 10 in the Cosmic class (consider Hypo, Corvus, Medusa, Venom, Hela, Proxima, Angela, Carnage, 4* Thor and new Gamora—newer champs like The Champion I know little about).

Is there more coming that we just don’t know about yet?

Dr. Zola
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,176 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

It seems like the barest of improvements to Classic CM, and, while I realize Classic CM isn’t trash, the residual luster has faded considerably and she likely doesn’t scratch the Top 10 in the Cosmic class (consider Hypo, Corvus, Medusa, Venom, Hela, Proxima, Angela, Carnage, 4* Thor and new Gamora—newer champs like The Champion I know little about).

Dr. Zola

I think it would be important for Kabam to let us know if any rework was going to happen on the Original Captain Marvel it can be a deciding factor for going for the new one or not for me at least. Can we get any insight? If not I understand but would like to make more informed decisions for going for champs. Thanks!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I think it would be important for Kabam to let us know if any rework was going to happen on the Original Captain Marvel it can be a deciding factor for going for the new one or not for me at least. Can we get any insight? If not I understand but would like to make more informed decisions for going for champs. Thanks!
    Why would they revamp CM (Classic) when a new one just released? Just like they’ll never buff OG CA, CAWWII, OG IM, Hulk, OG Spidey, etc.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,176 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Why would they revamp CM (Classic) when a new one just released? Just like they’ll never buff OG CA, CAWWII, OG IM, Hulk, OG Spidey, etc.
    Or she hulk, gamora, spidergwen, red hulk, Luke cage, venom, carnage.......oh wait they did....

Hulk was already buffed also sooo....yeah totally out of the realm of possibilities lol.
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    Her 2* plays quite smoothly. Interested to see how the 4* will do against ROL.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    @Kabam Zibiit she really underwhelming...compared to others in her class...

Sure hyperion or medusa has no regen, but they each gain fury,break armors, and each with a bleed/incinerate at a more better consistant rate..

Saying “liquid courage” is a good mastery for her while having no regen on top of it, while relying in blocking hits to build charges AND spamming sp1 to build them also...really hurts this character,

Hyperion builds power really fast and can get to sp2/3 in no time...

Medusa buils fury pretty fast aswel ontop of an armor break that works all the time...

And corvus can heal off suicides...and we all know the power of his sp2.

Overal the “Hype” and the “Sense” of how strong CM is for this game when we have her movie and upcoming avengers film...really just doesnt do justice for her. Imo
    Zuko_ILC said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Sadly, she’s one of my better cosmic options behind Medusa, Venom and Angela and one of my top poison immune champs. Given that it’s 5/6* or bust for Act 6, this is an even fairer question.

Not holding my breath...but it would be a nice opportunity to get some insight into where CM is going, if anywhere.

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

V1PER1987 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Or she hulk, gamora, spidergwen, red hulk, Luke cage, venom, carnage.......oh wait they did....

Hulk was already buffed also sooo....yeah totally out of the realm of possibilities lol.
    Every single champion you mentioned is an original character, not a remake of the same character. Also, Hulk just got different animations, not really considered a buff.
    V1PER1987 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

V1PER1987 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Every single champion you mentioned is an original character, not a remake of the same character. Also, Hulk just got different animations, not really considered a buff.
    This is a CM thread, but since it feels like it has essentially been abandoned by the team, I will jump in with a (somewhat) related point:

I’d like to see a renewed focus on core Marvel champs.

I didn’t grow up wanting to be Ghost, or Corvus, or Blade or Hyperion. For the most part, OG Spidey, Cap, DD, IM as well as Doc, Magneto, Hulk, CM aren’t on anyone’s dream game team. Sure, after multiple iterations, some versions of those champs are now desirable.

And that’s (in my humble opinion) a dereliction of duty on the game team’s part.

Dr. Zola
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 409 ★★
    I got lucky (or not) by pulling the 5* Brie Larson Captain Marvel, was only able to rank her to 2/35.. I noticed when I use the binary the word ‘unblockable’ pops up but when I do SP2 the initial attack is blocked by the opponent AI and only gets hit within tail end of the special... sort of defeats the point of being ‘unblockable’.
  • psp742 said:

I got lucky (or not) by pulling the 5* Brie Larson Captain Marvel, was only able to rank her to 2/35.. I noticed when I use the binary the word ‘unblockable’ pops up but when I do SP2 the initial attack is blocked by the opponent AI and only gets hit within tail end of the special... sort of defeats the point of being ‘unblockable’.

Hey there, that is actually a part of her Special 2 Attack: "In Binary Ignition, Beam Attacks are Unblockable and expend 4 Energy Charges." The first part of the attack can still be blocked, but you can still use the beams to get the Stun from the SP2 on opponents even when they are blocking.
    edited March 2019

psp742 said:

Hey there, that is actually a part of her Special 2 Attack: "In Binary Ignition, Beam Attacks are Unblockable and expend 4 Energy Charges." The first part of the attack can still be blocked, but you can still use the beams to get the Stun from the SP2 on opponents even when they are blocking.
    There’s a question at the top of the page about the decision to give “Classic” CM the barest of buffs. Since you’re wading into this thread, perhaps you could shed some light Zibiit?

For example, did the team consider her powerful enough as is? Is there more coming down the road for her via synergy? Is she a potential beta buff champ?

There are a lot of us who would like to see her be more useful in game. Having a little more transparency into whether the Classic version is going to see improvement would be helpful.

Dr. Zola
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 395 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Recanted
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 352 ★★★
    DrZola said:

psp742 said:

There’s a question at the top of the page about the decision to give “Classic” CM the barest of buffs. Since you’re wading into this thread, perhaps you could shed some light Zibiit?

For example, did the team consider her powerful enough as is? Is there more coming down the road for her via synergy? Is she a potential beta buff champ?

There are a lot of us who would like to see her be more useful in game. Having a little more transparency into whether the Classic version is going to see improvement would be helpful.

Dr. Zola
    I really hate when they does that...
    As an owner of OG CapMarvel at 4/55 (my first 4/55 actually), this synergy - if there will be no rework - really feels like an insult. It shows that they don't actually know how to play with the character.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,246 ★★★★★

I’m not one to resurrect dead threads very often, but this one is hilarious.

Yeah this one was funny to read through