**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Combat Clash Chapter 2... it's a shame. **A Late But Necessary Rant**

Comments

• RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Let me guess.
    Mid tier players are complaning about the endgame for the millionth time? -_-
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Rasilover said:

Let me guess.

Honestly, I'm a midgame player and I dropped out knowing my limits (Warbird is good enough). But, when there's so few good counters, it's not exactly endgame player designed, but more so an RNG/P2W design.

But I will admit Kabam is in a hard spot.. Designing challenging content for such skilled players with deep rosters is hard without limiting possible counters.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    To answer your question of if this would be easier if you could do it 1 path at a time...
    Yes, it would be so, so much easier to do, probably would’ve rolled through with no items used if it was like that, would’ve saved myself many potions, 3 team revives and about 6-7 solo revives. I’m not the best, it was coincidental that my 2 5/65s happened to be some of the best options, but I still had to wing it vs rogue.

The main reason this was a challenge was the ‘endurance run’ aspect of having to do all 31 fights in one run, then for me personally probably the rogues. All the other fights were surprisingly quite simple after several practice runs
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

Pikolu said:

If they made it so you could do one lane at a time, then I could have beaten this with 0 revives. IMIW is easy with my r4 5* void with the avengers synergy, used my 6* r1 yondu for rogue, and 4* AA for BW, then my r4 5* venom could eat everyone else at will. It was necessary for kabam to make you do it in one shot because otherwise, mid-end game players like me get those t5 basic shards at literally no cost.

What's wrong with mid-end game players getting those rewards? (People that really need those rewards)
    Didn't end game players get those rewards at "no cost"?
    don't try to even bother to explain anything to these guys who just come and try to defend kabam at any costs.i guess you made a really great point about chapter 2 being less of a nuisance than it already is by making it path by path. for all the idiots here when even the endgame content players are complaining about these events who are you to say otherwise. plus why can't mid tier people get an event that's exclusive for them if think only end game players should get exclusive content. what kind of balance it is when endgame players are getting reward to progress way more faster and mid tier people struggle for difficult content every month
    Could say the same to you.
    No point trying to explain anything to you because anyone that disagrees with removing the most challenging aspect of this endgame content is apparently a ‘Kabam yes man’ even though many probably complain about kabams decisions a lot, I know I ranted about them an awful lot during 12.0 and the overheating issues.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    You know, i use 2 star ronan for KK until last path, the rest 4/55 quake, 4/55 iceman, 4/55 hype, 5/50 CG. It took 3 weeks for me to prepare everything.. i tested only the first path to find the efficient team so many times, 12 maybe. Until i decided to bring the team i mention above. In addition, in 3 weeks I also farm so much potion both revive and heal potion, total 20% revive 12, 40% 3, team 40% 1. 190 1600 health potion and 45 team health potion from ROL. At the end explore all the quest with only using 250 unit. Just like the champion clash last year, all you need is preparation time... Wish you will get pass through the same quest next time..
  • I think part of the frustration that’s being expressed is that the gulf between the haves and have nots is widening at an ever increasing rate. Content such as this accelerates that gulf. I understand having to challenge end gamers, particularly since they keep the lights on. As someone who has completed Act 5 and one run through Lol (the rewards for which seem very outdated these days) I am frustrated that it is so difficult for me to take on challenges such as this because I have had terrible luck with crystals, I don’t play in an intense level war tier, and I don’t spend $ for the most part. I suppose if I was in the top 1% of skill I could probably pull it off, but that’s not the case, even though I’m not exactly bad at the game. It doesn’t help when you’ve been playing for a long time and you see new players coming on pulling god tier 5* champs and catching up with you in so little time either. I do think there needs to be a way to allow those of us stuck in the upper end of the middle a chance not to be left so far behind. The rewards for challenges like this are desperately sought, yet take one step down from chapter 2 and the rewards are far less useful. That’s what keeps widening the gap faster and faster.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    ẞlооd said:

Rasilover said:

Let me guess.

Honestly, I'm a midgame player and I dropped out knowing my limits (Warbird is good enough). But, when there's so few good counters, it's not exactly endgame player designed, but more so an RNG/P2W design.

But I will admit Kabam is in a hard spot.. Designing challenging content for such skilled players with deep rosters is hard without limiting possible counters.
    I have no 5* or 6* Corvus and spent zero dollars beating this quest. Corvus makes it easier but isn’t necessary. If you want to pay instead of practicing you can, but it can be done without the “right” champs for free.

• DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    For everyone stating this was super hard end game player quest is just flat wrong.... I used a rank 2 6* Domino with synergy team (400 Units) almost half of my ally has also completed this already.... Not just using Domino, Ghost, or CG.... This was a good challenge it was new and fresh nodes that i had to practice on (lots of practice on the fist path)

Good luck to those who still need to finish it.
    1. Practice, Practice, Practice
    2. Grind some resources for a cushion
    3. watch some you tube vids of your best champs completing it
    4. Go for it with some boosts.

If you have completed Act 5 this challenge is for you... if not then try anyway you can probably finish it.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I think part of the frustration that’s being expressed is that the gulf between the haves and have nots is widening at an ever increasing rate. Content such as this accelerates that gulf. I understand having to challenge end gamers, particularly since they keep the lights on. As someone who has completed Act 5 and one run through Lol (the rewards for which seem very outdated these days) I am frustrated that it is so difficult for me to take on challenges such as this because I have had terrible luck with crystals, I don’t play in an intense level war tier, and I don’t spend $ for the most part. I suppose if I was in the top 1% of skill I could probably pull it off, but that’s not the case, even though I’m not exactly bad at the game. It doesn’t help when you’ve been playing for a long time and you see new players coming on pulling god tier 5* champs and catching up with you in so little time either. I do think there needs to be a way to allow those of us stuck in the upper end of the middle a chance not to be left so far behind. The rewards for challenges like this are desperately sought, yet take one step down from chapter 2 and the rewards are far less useful. That’s what keeps widening the gap faster and faster.

If they scrapped the epic level and only made chapter one would you still be frustrated? A couple quests like this a year are not widening the gap in any significant way.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I didn’t cruise through this but I also didn’t struggle. My roster is decently deep but no ghost, Corvus or Hyperion. Good old stark void and blade. Void being 4/55. Cost me around 300 units. And if you really look at it, was the units that we won from the previous 4 chapters and the 5th one.

I don’t agree with aspect of war but I do agree with this content is not for everyone.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I used 3 revives in total . Git gud
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    If they removed the rule that you have to do all 6 paths at once it’d be very easy onky slightly harder then chapter 1
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Why is every comment getting flagged lol
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

I've actually seen very diverse teams complete this challenge so it's not as RNG champion based as people think. Yes Corvus, Ghost and hyperion make it much easier but on Line I've seen people using Hawkeye, Yondu, psylocke, Sabretooth among others with a lot of skill and got through with few units and just a few stashed revives
  • The ONLY thing I'm gonna comment on is the redundancy in making separate completion and exploration rewards for Ch 2, lol. You have no choice but to get both. Now, let's say they added the 1 path escape clause (someone suggested Path A have a link to the Boss), then it would make sense to have separate rewards. Mind you, I'm looking EXCLUSIVELY at Ch 2 here. Not the whole 'Act' as it were, just Ch 2. It's kind of misleading to some judging by the responses here.

It's difficult. For sure. But don't waste your time complaining. It's also redundant when they explicitly stated not everyone was gonna be able to beat it. To expect Kabam to water down Challenges so everyone can do it, is tantamount to expecting a damn participation trophy. This is a CHALLENGE. So, Challenge yourself. If you fail, oh well.

Sure, I agree the buffs are ridiculous, as Unstoppable is getting a bit of, shall we say, overplay these days. It's kind of played out to be honest. However, it is difficult for most. Lazy game mechanic, but difficult none the less. If you don't get it done this time, Avengers Endgame is coming out in April. I would expect a similar Challenge to this at that point. On that note, EVERYONE cross your fingers that they don't bring back that God forsaken Thanos wielding the Infinity Gauntlet *shudder*. THAT was irritating. Well... probably not so much anymore considering all that's come since, lol.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

ẞlооd said:

Rasilover said:

Let me guess.

I have no 5* or 6* Corvus and spent zero dollars beating this quest. Corvus makes it easier but isn’t necessary. If you want to pay instead of practicing you can, but it can be done without the “right” champs for free.

A common sense and proven argument. Gets 2 flags. Oh, the community.
  • StikyStiky Posts: 79
    Let's be honest here the end game player's won't agree and will try to make it easy and for those who have skills it's impossible to do with 4* with aspect of war mode and that freaking rouge. The gab between end game and mid game players will continue to grow and the game at some point Will be available to those end game players only the resources that they get will make it impossible for mid game players to compete against them in the wrong it can effect areans score's and mid game player no matter what they do are not gonna be able to keep up. my personal opinion is either to take that do it all at once rule do that the mid game players can be able to try a bit and to give those who will complete the event in one run an extra bonus reward or to make this type of content extremely rare like dropping it once or twice per year.
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    But the question is, does the Original Poster have a 3* Ghost? That’ll do donkey. That’ll do!
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Gotta love the class divide, and superiority complexes. I did it so it's easy. You can't do it? Well, git gud. Such a toxic community.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Drooped2 said:

It's odd you saw the best players you know blow stashes. I spent 200 units total and didnt have a stash.

Its called planning I watched a few of lagacys vids and decided a team and cruised

You cruised because you probably had the luxury of a wide roster & units. You probably didn't even need those rewards. Hell, you probably could have still gone through that chapter in one sweep and that's where my issue lies.
    The "do it in one go" rule is unnecessary.
    It didn't make the content more difficult more than it made it exclusive.
    Quit moaning, this is for the higher tier players that have more advanced rosters. We got a semi challenging content that last about an hour or two. This new epic content, only the second of its kind makes you don't in one go to add a bit extra of a challenge. If it didn't you wouldn't be saying it was unnecessary.

As for the rewards, we all need t5b, t2a, Sig stones an shards no matter how many 5\65 we got.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

If the content is too much for you, just leave it alone. I went into chapter 2 to see how it felt and after the first fight I knew I wouldn’t complete it and wasn’t prepared to spend to do it.

I did have some luck with captain marvel against IMIW unblockable SP1 tho. Captain marvel absorbed it while blocking. But most times I evaded it since the damage outweighed the regen gain.

If it’s to thought guys just leave it alone. There’s no shame in it.
This discussion has been closed.