**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Answer the Captain’s Call. Take on Captain Marvel’s Combat Clash!

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    RedTide75 wrote: »
    Waste of my time... kabam I have no money for you to swindle from me! BTW I am uncollected and mostly free to play... but this content only has one purpose... cash grab... even YouTube content creators have said as much.

People have done it with 4*s. All I can say is LOL
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Waste of my time... kabam I have no money for you to swindle from me! BTW I am uncollected and mostly free to play... but this content only has one purpose... cash grab... even YouTube content creators have said as much.

Cash Grab = anything the person writing the post can't do.
    Interesting challenge = anything with some difficulty that they can do.

Kabam warned us that most people wouldn't be able to do it. Lots of people spent zero dollars on this quest. It's not a cash grab. A lot of people complaining would have enjoyed this event if it only had the easier difficulty. This is the second quest like this with a harder difficulty and both times people have posted these money grab complaint posts. It's funny how people can't enjoy a quest anymore if it has a level they can't do.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Cheapest 4* class gems in the contest and while most of use who need/want them are not going after chapter 2, the gems might make a huge roster difference for monthly EQ and story mode.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

So what if you’re Uncollected? It’s not even a high bar.
  • Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    I am thankful this was not harder than the champions clash but I would of liked an epic title with it doesn’t have to be as cool as “Cream if the Crop”
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I am thankful this was not harder than the champions clash but I would of liked an epic title with it doesn’t have to be as cool as “Cream if the Crop”

I found this much more difficult than Champion's Clash....but I don't have a Corvus
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I wish I could have finished, but realized I'm not at that level yet. I did recently get a 4* Emma Frost, so might try it again with her on my quest team.
    @Ch1efster congrats. That's the way to do it. I got much better at the IMIW and Rogue fights with some practice. I pulled 6* Jane Foster and duped my Kamala from the rewards lmao
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

I really hate this game sometimes...
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    So, maybe I'm an idiot but the AI launching a SP3 while blocking a combo seems cheap and nasty.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    RedTide75 said:

I’m not going to lie...it was costlier for me to complete than it realistically should have been. I got 3ish paths in before I realized my team selection was not the best, but I just used brute force to finish.

For me, the “cost” was a result of a few things: (1) suboptimal champs, (2) some poor gameplay, aided by real world distractions and consistent lag/connection issues, and (3) impatience on my part.

So I disagree it’s a cash grab. I do think some of the node/champ combos were a little cheesy and were exceptionally easy if you had 1-2 specific champs. That’s poor design. But it ultimately is up to you to decide whether it’s worth it to spend.

Dr. Zola
    ^^^
    Regarding Issue #1, I spent as much time watching my own buffs as Rogue's. If I was unstoppable, I would avoid intercepting (but still did it once in a while). I found myself locked in the corner very quickly just trying to evade her unstoppable. Easily the most expensive fight for me.

To further the complaint on Issue #2, the Unblockable ability gained after 50 seconds would not consistently appear under the health bar, but simply the "Unblockable" text when the opponent attacked. This was especially problematic against IWIM because I would be squaring up for a block to bait out another heavy attack and he would go Unblockable mid-dash. RIP me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The speed and aggression of the AI in this Quest is just ridiculous. I mean, really ridiculous. The reactions are immediate. I don't know if this is because I'm using Android or not, but it's clear the AI is faster. Block is instant, Combos are stopped mid-hit. Controls freeze at times. I don't think it's at all fair to have Events like these with the computer amped up to the point that it moves faster than we can. That's not a challenge that is enjoyable. Not to mention IMIW, whose AI literally hits through whatever response you try. I really hope that this is not something that is going to continue increasing because the aggression is getting overboard. It's like there's no sense in playing at all because the moves are decided for you.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Well my thoughts on this quest, the first chapter is for pretty much everyone. The second chapter definitely favors people with certain champs, specifically Corvus. I toyed around with it a couple weeks ago and considered passing on chapter 2 but today I took Corvus to R4 and breezed through it with a couple boosted added. Of course it can be done with other champs but people that have him ranked are at an advantage. Not a big fan of needing certain champs to make a challenge doable. Nice rewards though.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    This is not a cash grab. It's easier than The Champion's clash. And you don't need Corvus (who is grossly overrated IMO). Used Domino, Hyperion, Red Hulk, Abomination, and Heimdall. Used boosts throughout and only 9 revives.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

This is not a cash grab. It's easier than The Champion's clash. And you don't need Corvus (who is grossly overrated IMO). Used Domino, Hyperion, Red Hulk, Abomination, and Heimdall. Used boosts throughout and only 9 revives.

what if you dont wanna use any items such as revives or potions
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Man_Bat said:

Technically speaking using any items to complete content means it’s a cash grab.

Not to actually throw that term out so easily. But since those items are either grinding through content or spending money on. It’s our time we spend. Time is money. If it wasn’t a cash grab we wouldn’t need items unless it was our fault during the fights. Which happens to even the best fighters.

9 level 2 revives equals 270 units. Those aren’t farmable from solo quests. And without debating how lucky someone may be when questing to land these beauties let’s just say it doesn’t happen. So those units were either farmed or boughten. Farmed = time. Our time.

I did this quest with about 500/600 units worth of items. Well worth it in my books.
    Jaded said:

Man_Bat said:

Technically speaking using any items to complete content means it’s a cash grab.

Not to actually throw that term out so easily. But since those items are either grinding through content or spending money on. It’s our time we spend. Time is money. If it wasn’t a cash grab we wouldn’t need items unless it was our fault during the fights. Which happens to even the best fighters.

9 level 2 revives equals 270 units. Those aren’t farmable from solo quests. And without debating how lucky someone may be when questing to land these beauties let’s just say it doesn’t happen. So those units were either farmed or boughten. Farmed = time. Our time.

I did this quest with about 500/600 units worth of items. Well worth it in my books.
    A cash grab is a quest designed to make money because it can't be completed without spending. Time is not money if you are playing a video game lol. Also there is nothing in this quest that does unavoidable damage. If you play perfectly it can be done with no potions.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Man_Bat said:

A cash grab is a quest designed to make money because it can't be completed without spending. Time is not money if you are playing a video game lol. Also there is nothing in this quest that does unavoidable damage. If you play perfectly it can be done with no potions.
    I said I wasn’t throwing the term out there that easily. But technically speaking our time is money. If you don’t feel that way then great for you.

I used items on this quest to finish it. I don’t consider it a cash grab because I play a resourceful style towards the game. But I can understand people’s frustrations towards it.
    If I apply time is money to gaming/recreation then the entire game is a cash grab lol. But the real point is that "cash grab" gets applied to everything that anyone doesn't plow through on their first attempt. Defining it as anything that might require an item adds fuel to the fire and makes it more meaningless than it already is.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    My issue isn't with the Event itself. The challenge of the Nodes and those Champs is fine. My issue is the aggression of the AI. Something that's becoming more and more common. They behave reasonably in the Matches equal or slightly greater than your strength. Then as you go up in Paths, they get faster and more immediate, to the point where they supersede what you're capable of countering. No matter when you time your hits, they're able to Block or Evade immediately. You can't launch a Medium because no matter when it's timed, you eat a fist. Your only chance is to Intercept, and there are so few times you catch them off-guard that you're down before you can. I don't care how many people think it was easy. Speeding up the AI to the point that it bypasses almost every move is not an acceptable challenge on top of everything else. It ends up being a pre-programmed mess. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The AI should not be able to move faster than we can. The challenge should come from the Rarity and Sig of the Champs, and the Nodes. If you can't get past them because of fight style, that's one thing that can be changed. If you can't get past them because they just move through you and stop anything you try, that's a nasty way to play.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I'm almost done. One more path 2 go. Only used 4 or 5 revives so far. Not too bad. Last one was much harder for me cause i didn't have AA or any of the good champs for champion clash. This time i had my corvus. 😁😁
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Man_Bat said:

I have to disagree with this. The Rogue fight is designed in such a way where even if you play perfectly, it’s still a garbage fight because of brawl included with AoW and the AI behavior. Unless you can show me an instance of 6 Rogue fights where you take no damage, I will disagree that even playing perfectly doesn’t really matter much. Comes down to luck and how the AI decides to fight.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

My issue isn't with the Event itself. The challenge of the Nodes and those Champs is fine. My issue is the aggression of the AI. Something that's becoming more and more common. They behave reasonably in the Matches equal or slightly greater than your strength. Then as you go up in Paths, they get faster and more immediate, to the point where they supersede what you're capable of countering. No matter when you time your hits, they're able to Block or Evade immediately. You can't launch a Medium because no matter when it's timed, you eat a fist. Your only chance is to Intercept, and there are so few times you catch them off-guard that you're down before you can. I don't care how many people think it was easy. Speeding up the AI to the point that it bypasses almost every move is not an acceptable challenge on top of everything else. It ends up being a pre-programmed mess. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The AI should not be able to move faster than we can. The challenge should come from the Rarity and Sig of the Champs, and the Nodes. If you can't get past them because of fight style, that's one thing that can be changed. If you can't get past them because they just move through you and stop anything you try, that's a nasty way to play.

You know that plenty of people have been successful against "the aggression of the AI" in this event, right? It's difficult, but not impossible.
    All of the cash grab and Brawl/AoW complaints aside, this was honestly the first quest that genuinely felt like a chore. Got no satisfaction for completion and did not find any of the fights enjoyable, let alone "fun and interactive". Honestly felt like I just got done mowing the lawn, (i.e. "that's done, time to go do something else, be back in a couple weeks").

Don't know what made it feel that way. Maybe it was the constant evading from Unstoppable. Maybe it was the "hurry up before they go unblockable" AoW buffs. Maybe it was the bleh 5* & 6* champs I pulled afterwards.

Yes I beat it. Spent a little more units than I wanted to but was still within my "budget".