**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Combat Clash Chapter 2... it's a shame. **A Late But Necessary Rant**

13»

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    JRock808 said:

Gotta love the class divide, and superiority complexes. I did it so it's easy. You can't do it? Well, git gud. Such a toxic community.

But it’s ok when it’s the other way around? I’m not saying it’s easy, majority of us aren’t saying it’s easy, we are saying it’s hard and it should be hard so as to challenge people.

In my opinion, it was reasonably difficult, I struggled at times for sure, and it was quite intimidating when I was looking at it before going in.
    But, the only issue I have with the quest in general was to do with the way brawl works.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Stiky said:

Let's be honest here the end game player's won't agree and will try to make it easy and for those who have skills it's impossible to do with 4* with aspect of war mode and that freaking rouge. The gab between end game and mid game players will continue to grow and the game at some point Will be available to those end game players only the resources that they get will make it impossible for mid game players to compete against them in the wrong it can effect areans score's and mid game player no matter what they do are not gonna be able to keep up. my personal opinion is either to take that do it all at once rule do that the mid game players can be able to try a bit and to give those who will complete the event in one run an extra bonus reward or to make this type of content extremely rare like dropping it once or twice per year.

Not impossible difficult yes but not impossible the only 6* I took was Angela for synergy the rest were 4* and only 2 maxed at rank 5. Just because you couldn't do it doesn't make it impossible
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Stiky said:

Let's be honest here the end game player's won't agree and will try to make it easy and for those who have skills it's impossible to do with 4* with aspect of war mode and that freaking rouge. The gab between end game and mid game players will continue to grow and the game at some point Will be available to those end game players only the resources that they get will make it impossible for mid game players to compete against them in the wrong it can effect areans score's and mid game player no matter what they do are not gonna be able to keep up. my personal opinion is either to take that do it all at once rule do that the mid game players can be able to try a bit and to give those who will complete the event in one run an extra bonus reward or to make this type of content extremely rare like dropping it once or twice per year.

I did rogue fight with a 4* all my team was 5:50 or 3:45 equivalent bar domino who I only used for black widow and Kamala Khan
    Not trying to make people feel bad with my last comment just saying that it’s not impossible
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Point well said though, Kabam is ever having to create higher content (Act 6, 7, etc. and AQ Map 7, 8, 9...) and I’m sure that 7* heroes are already in the works too, because each successive higher content only goes to feed the exponential separation of those elite at the top compared to even other long-playing people with what otherwise would still be considered good rosters.

Take monthly LEGENDS runs, I’d venture to say that maybe 90% of the people getting it each successive month are the same people as the previous month. So much so that everyone else just knows they don’t have a shot, and never try. Doesn’t matter your skill, only comes down to how much damage per hit your hero can do, and how fast your device can load a fight. So it’s basically just more FREE stuff for a select few, who (as pointed out) DON'T NEED IT, and really isn’t any sense of accomplishment anymore by those who get Legends each month.

Lol what they've confirmed they haven't even talking about 7*s we can't even take 6*s past r2 why would they be worried about 7 stars.
    Same reason how we couldnt take r5 5* and they still announced 6* then began releasing so ya i can see same bs happening again

Point well said though, Kabam is ever having to create higher content (Act 6, 7, etc. and AQ Map 7, 8, 9...) and I’m sure that 7* heroes are already in the works too, because each successive higher content only goes to feed the exponential separation of those elite at the top compared to even other long-playing people with what otherwise would still be considered good rosters.

Take monthly LEGENDS runs, I’d venture to say that maybe 90% of the people getting it each successive month are the same people as the previous month. So much so that everyone else just knows they don’t have a shot, and never try. Doesn’t matter your skill, only comes down to how much damage per hit your hero can do, and how fast your device can load a fight. So it’s basically just more FREE stuff for a select few, who (as pointed out) DON'T NEED IT, and really isn’t any sense of accomplishment anymore by those who get Legends each month.

Lol what they've confirmed they haven't even talking about 7*s we can't even take 6*s past r2 why would they be worried about 7 stars.
    Same reason how we couldnt take r5 5* and they still announced 6* then began releasing so ya i can see same bs happening again

They announced 6* champions but we could r5 5* champions before they were released
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Completed the challenge with R5 corvus Ghost hood wasp and magik with 0 units
    *Patiently waits for flags*
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Stiky said:

1. Lots of people did use 4*s on this quest.
    2. Has it occurred to you that every endgame player was once a mid game player, and they managed to get to the endgame?
    3. There has always been a gap and it can always be overcome.
    4. Kabam made a level for end game players. You can’t do it so you want it nerfed or very rare. Selfish much?
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★

Ended up using 7,8x single l2 rev, a few l1 rev.
    It’s lucky i got CG, but definitely needed some skill too, also synergies saved a lot items, if you don’t believe i got some video for ya, but still.. ppl doing it with 5r50 CG whats your problem all complainers?
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    You know what's funny? You have almost a month to farm potion and other necessary resources to do this event.
    Enough time to sharpen your skills too.
    Probably enough time to farm shards to open a crystal to possibly get a champ that can help you with the event.

So why is there still a rant?

I hope this is all not because:
    1) You can't finish it early like some other people
    2) Your frustration seeing your so-called "best MCOC players" depleting their resources to do the event (which basically means they either didn't have enough resources to begin with OR didn't prepare enough for the event OR their skills suck against the nodes in the challenge event).

Cheers mate!
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

They announced 6* champions but we could r5 5* champions before they were released
    Pretty sure the first t5b came from act 5 exploration... along with 6* shards. MAybe uncollected started just before 5.4 dropped but it was not a huge time gap. So, in essence r5s were available and 6*s come out about the same time. Someone could probably research it, but most of us weren't using r5s in 5.4 simply because we were doing it to get an r5.
    @JRock808 you couldn’t open 6* until January
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Lots of kids whining about being unable to do adult content. :D
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Wait wait wait. You're saying that this event was unfair because it was geared towards players with specific champions and many spare items... And your solution is to allow players to do it one lane at a time... Which you say won't make any difference to the difficulty level? And you say that it would make no difference to the actual difficulty, but it would create the illusion of easier content, so weaker players would get suckered in and pummelled and start spending a ton? What's even the point of this post lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Wait wait wait. You're saying that this event was unfair because it was geared towards players with specific champions and many spare items... And your solution is to allow players to do it one lane at a time... Which you say won't make any difference to the difficulty level? And you say that it would make no difference to the actual difficulty, but it would create the illusion of easier content, so weaker players would get suckered in and pummelled and start spending a ton? What's even the point of this post lol

His point is if its one lane at a time, players could spend less resources for end game content. He was the rewards but doesnt want to earn them properly.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    My second account is consider mid tier. No LOL, no Elder Bane. Did complete act 5, RTTL, ROL. I was able to complete it with a 4/55 unduped angela, Hyperion, iceman, 3/45 heimdall and 4/40 Ronan. Cost me about 35 single revives which I had in the stash and from free crystals. If they allow one path at a time like chapter 1, I am pretty sure I wouldn’t use a single revive to finish the challenge.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I did it with Sparky and about 500 units (150 of which went to attack boosts) so it really wasnt bad. 500 units is nothing. Had they offered chapters 2's rewards for 500 units as a special offer, you would get it right? Same deal here, just practice until you are ready to commit to finishing it. Its designed to be a pain in the ass
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Ok so I have been playing two years. My roster is ok. Not the best. I am an above average player (i think). I have not completed act 5 I have not done a path of labyrinth and I have not done a path of variant. I did however complete captain marvels clash. I used units I saved from my arena grinding. I used 35 of the free daily crystals. I save them as they provide me with potions and revives. I would say that to complete this content you merely need to manage your resources better to provide you with the materials you need to do harder content. Please stop complaining it’s too hard. This game is going in the right direction and continues to challenge us in differs ways. Deal with it the best you can and know sooner or later you will finish stuff that months prior you thought you could not.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    To the OP and everybody else who's complaining about the difficulty and wants to be able to do the challenge one path as a time, remember it wasn't the norm to do so at one point. Anybody remembers the Batista challenge from two years ago? I do, and I have horrible memories of attempting it with my inadequate roster of 4/40 4*s.

These type of challenges had to be done in one path, and the difficulty levels were insane as a result. But the rewards offered at the time were rare and valuable, hence the justification for the difficulty. Over time Kabam thankfully removed this limitation so future challenges could be broken up into separate paths, but the rewards didn't change much and have subsequently decreased in rarity and value.

Come today now and Kabam have buffed the rewards to include t5b fragments and 6* shards, two of the rarest items in the game. So we are back to having to do the challenge in one single path, to correspond with the increase in rewards. It maybe isn't fair, but end-game rewards like t5b and 6* shards shouldn't be dished out so easily at this stage of the game.

Point is, if you can't do the quest in one path without using a bunch of resources (like I ended up doing for the Batista challenge because I was too stubborn to quit), then this challenge is not meant for you. Continue to grow your roster and skills in other ways so hopefully when the next challenge like this comes, you'll be ready for it.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I know what would make the challenge a challenge for the mid tier players as well, thanks to the reminder of @Addyos.

Just revert chapter 1 quests to be done in one sitting too. That would solve a lot of complaints and there won’t be disparities amongst the difficulties. :)
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

Addyos said:

To the OP and everybody else who's complaining about the difficulty and wants to be able to do the challenge one path as a time, remember it wasn't the norm to do so at one point. Anybody remembers the Batista challenge from two years ago? I do, and I have horrible memories of attempting it with my inadequate roster of 4/40 4*s.

These type of challenges had to be done in one path, and the difficulty levels were insane as a result. But the rewards offered at the time were rare and valuable, hence the justification for the difficulty. Over time Kabam thankfully removed this limitation so future challenges could be broken up into separate paths, but the rewards didn't change much and have subsequently decreased in rarity and value.

Come today now and Kabam have buffed the rewards to include t5b fragments and 6* shards, two of the rarest items in the game. So we are back to having to do the challenge in one single path, to correspond with the increase in rewards. It maybe isn't fair, but end-game rewards like t5b and 6* shards shouldn't be dished out so easily at this stage of the game.

Point is, if you can't do the quest in one path without using a bunch of resources (like I ended up doing for the Batista challenge because I was too stubborn to quit), then this challenge is not meant for you. Continue to grow your roster and skills in other ways so hopefully when the next challenge like this comes, you'll be ready for it.

I agree with most of what you said, but I'd say the last part is debatable.
    If you can push through the challenge using units and resources it is still extremely worth it.
    Now how many units and resources is it worth? That depends on you.
    I used about 800 units, with my roster being anything but suited for this event. If those rewards would have been offered for 800 units, I don't think many people would pass.
    Spending 800 units to get the rewards offered now is totally worth it. Spending over 3k units (2k units saved and 1k units bought to finish the whole flipping thing) to get some shards, one tier 4 class crystal and a 4* science AG (when the only good science champs at the time was Quake and Cap WWII who I didn't have) was totally not worth it lol.

But it was a great learning experience otherwise for me, so it wasn't all bad. Made me become free to play one time, apart from the $1 special 4* crystal in December 2017. And made me learn to get better at the game, or 'git gud' as is the common terminology here lol, so I won't waste resources again like I did back then.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

I scowled at this one from the onset after watching some of the best MCOC players I know play chapter 2 and incinerate their potion stash like it was nothing. The catch here is that they were end game players who had the luxury of overflowing stashes waiting to be burned in content that gave them rewards they didn't desperately need.
    That's the disconnect here.
    Kabam creates content for people who have the right champs (Corvus, Hype, Blade, Ghost etc) at maximum 5*/6* ranks with overflowing resources at their disposal and very little need for the rewards except making already OP rosters even more so.
    The inability to complete the chapter one lane at a time makes very little sense considering it doesn't decrease the level of difficulty AT ALL (You would still burn through your revives/potion/units/wallet)
    All it would do is minimally increase the chances of your above average summoner completing the chapter and acquiring rare resources they truely need.

A surprise, month long event with an unnecessary mechanic that seems to be geared specifically towards those with the right champs or deep pockets is a shame. That means difficulty is not a primary factor anymore.
    Would allowing summoners to complete Chapter 2 one lane at a time really affect the amount of $$$ Kabam brings in? I don't think so.
    That opportunity would actually attract a larger demographic than just the elite in trying their luck and probably spending heavily considering the level of difficulty therein.

I hope Kabam rethink this decision with the next event similar to this one.
    Rant over... whoooosaaaaaa!

Hey

I appreciate you posting this but it really all just boils down to f2p vs p2w. The p2w trolls will always love kabam no matter what because for the most part their paying their way thru the game and vice versa but i do agree that the paths should be one at a time like they use to be for sure... cheers bro keep your head up!
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello all,

We appreciate everyone's feedback about the Combat Clash event. As mentioned in our announcement, it was designed with providing a challenge for players in mind.

Thank you to all those who jumped in to provide tips on how to face the challenge. Unfortunately, though, this thread has gone in a non-constructive direction and will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.