**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Answer the Captain’s Call. Take on Captain Marvel’s Combat Clash!

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Jaded said:

Man_Bat said:

This is not a cash grab. It's easier than The Champion's clash. And you don't need Corvus (who is grossly overrated IMO). Used Domino, Hyperion, Red Hulk, Abomination, and Heimdall. Used boosts throughout and only 9 revives.

Technically speaking using any items to complete content means it’s a cash grab.

Not to actually throw that term out so easily. But since those items are either grinding through content or spending money on. It’s our time we spend. Time is money. If it wasn’t a cash grab we wouldn’t need items unless it was our fault during the fights. Which happens to even the best fighters.

9 level 2 revives equals 270 units. Those aren’t farmable from solo quests. And without debating how lucky someone may be when questing to land these beauties let’s just say it doesn’t happen. So those units were either farmed or boughten. Farmed = time. Our time.

I did this quest with about 500/600 units worth of items. Well worth it in my books.
    A cash grab is a quest designed to make money because it can't be completed without spending. Time is not money if you are playing a video game lol. Also there is nothing in this quest that does unavoidable damage. If you play perfectly it can be done with no potions.
    I have to disagree with this. The Rogue fight is designed in such a way where even if you play perfectly, it’s still a garbage fight because of brawl included with AoW and the AI behavior. Unless you can show me an instance of 6 Rogue fights where you take no damage, I will disagree that even playing perfectly doesn’t really matter much. Comes down to luck and how the AI decides to fight.
    I didn't have 6 but playing perfectly absolutely matters. Practiced it for awhile and definitely got better at managing the two different unstoppable buffs. Crushed her on the 1st two paths and again on the 4th or 5th. Did enough damage on the other three paths to either finish her with another champ or use a revive from inventory. I think if I had tried to beat it without practicing it would have taken units to complete and with more practice it would get easier still. I'm not saying I love the fight lol. Not a big fan of the brawl node. But to be honest without that fight it would have been really easy.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

My issue isn't with the Event itself. The challenge of the Nodes and those Champs is fine. My issue is the aggression of the AI. Something that's becoming more and more common. They behave reasonably in the Matches equal or slightly greater than your strength. Then as you go up in Paths, they get faster and more immediate, to the point where they supersede what you're capable of countering. No matter when you time your hits, they're able to Block or Evade immediately. You can't launch a Medium because no matter when it's timed, you eat a fist. Your only chance is to Intercept, and there are so few times you catch them off-guard that you're down before you can. I don't care how many people think it was easy. Speeding up the AI to the point that it bypasses almost every move is not an acceptable challenge on top of everything else. It ends up being a pre-programmed mess. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The AI should not be able to move faster than we can. The challenge should come from the Rarity and Sig of the Champs, and the Nodes. If you can't get past them because of fight style, that's one thing that can be changed. If you can't get past them because they just move through you and stop anything you try, that's a nasty way to play.

You know that plenty of people have been successful against "the aggression of the AI" in this event, right? It's difficult, but not impossible.
    Oh, well then by all means. People got past it. Must mean every word I said doesn't matter.
    (Eyeroll.)
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

My issue isn't with the Event itself. The challenge of the Nodes and those Champs is fine. My issue is the aggression of the AI. Something that's becoming more and more common. They behave reasonably in the Matches equal or slightly greater than your strength. Then as you go up in Paths, they get faster and more immediate, to the point where they supersede what you're capable of countering. No matter when you time your hits, they're able to Block or Evade immediately. You can't launch a Medium because no matter when it's timed, you eat a fist. Your only chance is to Intercept, and there are so few times you catch them off-guard that you're down before you can. I don't care how many people think it was easy. Speeding up the AI to the point that it bypasses almost every move is not an acceptable challenge on top of everything else. It ends up being a pre-programmed mess. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The AI should not be able to move faster than we can. The challenge should come from the Rarity and Sig of the Champs, and the Nodes. If you can't get past them because of fight style, that's one thing that can be changed. If you can't get past them because they just move through you and stop anything you try, that's a nasty way to play.

You know that plenty of people have been successful against "the aggression of the AI" in this event, right? It's difficult, but not impossible.
    Oh, well then by all means. People got past it. Must mean every word I said doesn't matter.
    (Eyeroll.)
    Looks like you just weren't ready for the challenge. (Shoulder shrug)
    Fjolnir said:

The speed and aggression of the AI in this Quest is just ridiculous. I mean, really ridiculous. The reactions are immediate. I don't know if this is because I'm using Android or not, but it's clear the AI is faster. Block is instant, Combos are stopped mid-hit. Controls freeze at times. I don't think it's at all fair to have Events like these with the computer amped up to the point that it moves faster than we can. That's not a challenge that is enjoyable. Not to mention IMIW, whose AI literally hits through whatever response you try. I really hope that this is not something that is going to continue increasing because the aggression is getting overboard. It's like there's no sense in playing at all because the moves are decided for you.

Sounds like another one of your conspiracies theories. You’ve provided no evidence to support anything you’re talking about.
    Isn't this normally the guy who can't do anything but praise Kabam? Looks like a turn here.

(Eyeroll.)
    Maybe you just weren't ready or good enough for it. (Shoulder shrug)
    I've been adamant about the issues with speed variants for quite some time. Sorry you disagree, but I haven't been psychisomatically manifesting my perception for months.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Jaded said:

Man_Bat said:

This is not a cash grab. It's easier than The Champion's clash. And you don't need Corvus (who is grossly overrated IMO). Used Domino, Hyperion, Red Hulk, Abomination, and Heimdall. Used boosts throughout and only 9 revives.

Technically speaking using any items to complete content means it’s a cash grab.

Not to actually throw that term out so easily. But since those items are either grinding through content or spending money on. It’s our time we spend. Time is money. If it wasn’t a cash grab we wouldn’t need items unless it was our fault during the fights. Which happens to even the best fighters.

9 level 2 revives equals 270 units. Those aren’t farmable from solo quests. And without debating how lucky someone may be when questing to land these beauties let’s just say it doesn’t happen. So those units were either farmed or boughten. Farmed = time. Our time.

I did this quest with about 500/600 units worth of items. Well worth it in my books.
    well if you have a crazy insane roster.
    or crazy insane skill you wouldnt need items.
    and no.
    cash grab means money.
    any time we die it is our fault. there is nothing in this quest that causes unavoidable damage.
    therefore every single bit of damage can be avoided via a combination of skill and roster.
    maybe only 0.01% of players have wat is required but surely it is possible.
    people said the collector is a cash crab. WELL NO ITS NOT! people can solo kill him now. just took patience to get the right champs and skill level.

and besides i have farmed 35+ lvl1 revies and over 100 lvl3 potions.
    so i am ready to do it for free

you spend time playing a game, you cant say play time = cash grab.
    people throw around cash grab like its candy.
    if you dont like it dont spend.

how hard is it for people to understand kabam said "THIS CONTENT IS HARD. MOST WILL FAIL" also said "DONT COMPLAIN WHEN YOU FAIL" so listen people. STOP COMPLAINING.

Fjolnir said:

The speed and aggression of the AI in this Quest is just ridiculous. I mean, really ridiculous. The reactions are immediate. I don't know if this is because I'm using Android or not, but it's clear the AI is faster. Block is instant, Combos are stopped mid-hit. Controls freeze at times. I don't think it's at all fair to have Events like these with the computer amped up to the point that it moves faster than we can. That's not a challenge that is enjoyable. Not to mention IMIW, whose AI literally hits through whatever response you try. I really hope that this is not something that is going to continue increasing because the aggression is getting overboard. It's like there's no sense in playing at all because the moves are decided for you.

Sounds like another one of your conspiracies theories. You’ve provided no evidence to support anything you’re talking about.
    Isn't this normally the guy who can't do anything but praise Kabam? Looks like a turn here.
    he turned against kabam a little while back.
    nowadays seems to argue against anyone that defends kabam.
    quite the 180.
    seemed about when he became uncollected and began facing the hard content we all struggle on
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I finished after chapter 1. It was "hard" but not too bad, the positives I take from it is that I can evade both IMIW specials reliably now, my intercept game improved and I picked up another gem to hold onto.

I stopped because plowing through chapter 2 and burning a bunch of resources and units would probably have me in here crying and being told to git gud when the actual problem is I failed to recognise where my skill and roster could take me and because I am stubborn it would real expensive, real quick.

At the end of the day, we're all the same, whether we agree or not. Both the Players and the Staff love the game and want what's best for it. For me, that's not personal.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

Jaded said:

Man_Bat said:

and no.
    cash grab means money.
    any time we die it is our fault. there is nothing in this quest that causes unavoidable damage.
    therefore every single bit of damage can be avoided via a combination of skill and roster.
    people said the collector is a cash crab. WELL NO ITS NOT! people can solo kill him now. just took patience to get the right champs and skill level.

how hard is it for people to understand kabam said "THIS CONTENT IS HARD. MOST WILL FAIL" also said "DONT COMPLAIN WHEN YOU FAIL" so listen people. STOP COMPLAINING.
    No one in your quote was complaining...I even said what I used was worth it 🤷‍♂️.
    Jaded said:

MaatMan said:

Jaded said:

Man_Bat said:

and no.
    cash grab means money.

No one in your quote was complaining...I even said what I used was worth it 🤷‍♂️.
    No u were not complaining.
    But saying by definition it is a cash grab.
    I was saying in no way is it a cash grab
    edited March 2019

At the end of the day, we're all the same, whether we agree or not. Both the Players and the Staff love the game and want what's best for it. For me, that's not personal.

Uh no. The staff want to get paid, and want to do what will get them paid the most. Like any person on a job. Plus they have to do what Mickey says.

Also no, we're not the same. You've been condescending towards the community for years. If you had actually used some grounded wisdom and sought to be an asset to the people here, instead of pulling a superiority complex on them, you'd have a lot more friends and be the brunt of a lot less jokes.
    So you think people work that hard on a product and don't like it? Sorry to say, but ALL my encounters with people who work on this game were with people who thoroughly care about it.
    If it appeases you to think we're not the same, you can carry that thought. All that does is highlight the very problem people have with discussing any subject on here. They can't respect people that have different views. I am not condescending at all. I tell it like it is, and people don't like hearing the truth sometimes. Either way, we're all just Players. Hate to break it to you, but none of us are any different.
    Even now, it's comment after comment with people using me as a target. Years later, and we're still here at the same point. It's almost involuntary. Yet they are convinced I'm somehow a problem. All I did was give my feedback on the Event. Does it ever play itself out, or are people just drawn to that kind of negativity? Either way, no person will ever put me down in a way that makes me feel inferior. If that's condescending, then I'll be that. I'd rather be called that than engage in online hatred, towards a company, or a person named Grounded Wisdom.
    arsjum said:

Fjolnir said:

He's always been consistent though. A new content or a Kabam decision may seem to be a problem to the majority of players. As long as it doesn't affect him personally, Kabam is right and the players' concerns are unwarranted (he's declared himself to be the sole voice of reason in such situations). On the flip side though, the majority of players maybe fine with the content but if it is too hard for him, then it is a genuine problem. No one should lecture him the way he lectures everyone else. And no one can prove him wrong.
    I love this description. Thank you, @arsjum.

Do you all feel better now, or do you need to continue taking shots at me to bolster yourselves?
    The AI is intensely aggro. It's become more and more so over time. Blocks are immediate, their Combos are leading into each other, Evade can be sporadic and at will, a knee-jerk reaction. When you add that to Champs that have Abilities like Auto Block like IM, or disabling Parry like BW, or shrugging off Stun like Rogue, it's no longer just a challenge of the Champs on top of Nodes. It's one that's intensified by AI that is at a speed not normal to fair gameplay. Plus the incredible lag, freezing controls, and even 5th hits of Combos being dropped, even though I'm running a newer device with sufficient RAM, Processor, Graphics, and the latest Android Build, and you have an experience that's not just "up to the challenge". I've said it before, and I'll say it again. AI should NOT be sped up beyond what we can do, just to make it more of a challenge. That's not a fair challenge.
    If you want to sit and argue just because it's me with an issue, that's an incredible waste of time, but not something new on here so have at it. If you're going to demand proof or question whether or not it's happening, I can't be bothered. We're all playing the same game and regardless of whether you beat it or not, we all see what's happening. The AI has become more expedient and aggressive, and I'm not going to pretend it's all just a dream.

Again, maybe you're not good enough for the content. If you just became Uncollected like someone else mentioned, you should wait and practice more.
    i finished the challenge just now.

team used.

items used.
    20% champ boost.
    30% champ boost.
    2 x Lvl 2 team revives.
    1 x Lvl 3 team revive
    13 x Lvl 1 solo revives
    4 x Lvl 2 solo revives
    and a bunch of potions.

total cost = 0 units.

heimdall is by far the MVP. saves you from dying soooo many times.
    practice intercept.
    path 6 i almost solo'd rogue. was by far my best fight against her.
    i even took a couple fights down from starting with 1% hp and just intercepting and taking advatacge of heimdall.

alkl the revives i used whe cus i died from blowing an intercept or a dex.
    where all my fault from me making mistakes.

was nowhere near as hard as i thought it was gunna be.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

i finished the challenge just now.

team used.

items used.
    20% champ boost.
    30% champ boost.
    2 x Lvl 2 team revives.
    1 x Lvl 3 team revive
    13 x Lvl 1 solo revives
    4 x Lvl 2 solo revives
    and a bunch of potions.

total cost = 0 units.

heimdall is by far the MVP. saves you from dying soooo many times.
    practice intercept.
    path 6 i almost solo'd rogue. was by far my best fight against her.
    i even took a couple fights down from starting with 1% hp and just intercepting and taking advatacge of heimdall.

alkl the revives i used whe cus i died from blowing an intercept or a dex.
    where all my fault from me making mistakes.

was nowhere near as hard as i thought it was gunna be.

actually all those items you named cost somewhat about 1k units
    Fjolnir said:

I've been adamant about the issues with speed variants for quite some time. Sorry you disagree, but I haven't been psychisomatically manifesting my perception for months.

You've presented no evidence & no device info. How do you expect Kabam to address all these serious issues you're presenting?
    At the end of the Event, you expect me to provide device info to resolve what?
    What you're doing, I see it. Thanks, but I'm not bothered.
    edited March 2019
    Well if you equate it into team revives it is 6 team revives total which 600 units worth.

But thats not the point.
    Point is i did not buy any of them.
    They were all sitting around in my inventory and my stash as i gained them
    Through various reasons when playing the game.
    Found revives in quests,
    Get revives from calender,

Not talking bout the value of the items.
    I only used items that i already had meaning it was 0 units spent

And besides even if someone spent 1000 units the rewards are well worth it.
    edited March 2019
    The Event itself is fine. It's a fair challenge. It's the behavior of the AI I have an issue with. That speed is insane. It's gotten to the point that there's literally a hairline to react with. The Champs themselves have moves that you can hone in on and identify the windows. When they start camping until you move and chaining 5-Hit Combos with no breaks in-between, when they advance faster than your Evade can click in, when they jerk forward and backwards at speeds we're not capable of, that's when I have a problem with it.
    Also @Aleor i am only an average player with an average roster and average skill.
    If i can do it with that. Someone with actual skill could do it easy
  • Bfyffe28Bfyffe28 Posts: 41

The Event itself is fine. It's a fair challenge. It's the behavior of the AI I have an issue with. That speed is insane. It's gotten to the point that there's literally a hairline to react with. The Champs themselves have moves that you can hone in on and identify the windows. When they start camping until you move and chaining 5-Hit Combos with no breaks in-between, when they advance faster than your Evade can click in, when they jerk forward and backwards at speeds we're not capable of, that's when I have a problem with it.

This is an adaptive play style. With harder content the AI has always been sped up. You can start learning the AI and anticipate what it does. If you know you’re playing an aggressive AI don’t stand there, do your combo and get out. It will get to a point when you’d rather play that AI than the stupid ones in AQ. It’s like fighting 15 Mordos everyday. I absolutely can’t stand the AI when it does nothing but stand there. I get hit on day 1 and 2 of AQ more than I get hit the rest of the week combined out of pure boredom from having a staring contest.
    Not when it's sped up beyond what your controls can respond to. That's not adaptive. That's overkill. I'm not talking about the difference between Easy and Hard AI. I'm talking overboard. Overly-aggressive means overly-aggressive. I've been playing for over 3 years. I know patterns in the game. At what point is it taken too far? This whole push for more challenge on top of more challenge on top of more challenge is affecting the quality of game play. There is a line, and when the computer pummels you faster than you can Evade, whiffs your Combos mid-hit, chains a couple Combos together before you can even get out of the way, Blocks the moment you release a move, Evades spontaneously in the midst of getting hit, I could go on....
    Reaction times and speeds have increased beyond reasonable points. It's too far.