**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stop fight timers during sp3 animations!

Please?
Buffs and debuffs are paused, why can’t the fight timer? Sp3’s can be pretty lengthy given a 3 minute fight. I know the “git gud” crowd will say “just don’t use them”, but sometimes they can be very useful in certain matchups. It really isn’t logical for one attack to suck up 10-15 seconds of a fight.
The end.

Comments

• BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    DRTO said:

Git gud, just don't use them.

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    The problem with pausing the fight timer is that there are champions that could easily abuse it. Champs that have insane power gain like Hyperion and Mordo could easily turn that three minute timer into a four or five minute one.
  • PraiseKek said:

The problem with pausing the fight timer is that there are champions that could easily abuse it. Champs that have insane power gain like Hyperion and Mordo could easily turn that three minute timer into a four or five minute one.

And frankly, what is wrong with that ? It is time that you can not spend actually controlling your hero, so why should it take away from the time you are allotted to fight. By the way, they should also NOT START the timer at beginning of fight UNTIL the rushing-in opponents actually meet in the middle and you can start controlling them.

Really only matters for miniboss and boss fights, which should have longer timers anyways, on ALL MAPS and AW too, for those select nodes (not just on new Map-7).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That's part of the challenge. You have a specific amount of time to down an opponent.
  • DamageuDamageu Posts: 52
    I agree, but with the increasing health pool of defenders I would suggest the same or better could be achieved by upping the time limit from 3 minutes per fight to 5 minutes per fight.
    It's designed with that in mind. If you're unable to take them down in 3 mintues, then you're unable to take them down. Health may have increased, but so has the Damage capabilities of some Champs as well. That's part of knowing who to bring to take them down the easiest.
    If someone has a hard time on a particular Path, it's probably a good idea to swap with someone else in the Ally.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

It's designed with that in mind. If you're unable to take them down in 3 mintues, then you're unable to take them down. Health may have increased, but so has the Damage capabilities of some Champs as well. That's part of knowing who to bring to take them down the easiest.

whilst i agree with you to a point.
    i have advocated for quite some time to extend fight timers.
    yes health pools are larger but so is damage capabilities.
    but nodes also require time consuming tactics.

on the whole Average fights are longer now then they were 2-3 years ago.
    Timeouts are a much more frequent occurence.

that tells me that although champs attack is stronger, HP, Armor, Nodes etc are extending the fights on average more than the larger attack values can counter.

i do not think a 4-5 minute timer in AW would be an issue.
    i dont mind sooo much bout AQ,
    but in AW where you can fight as perfect as possible and take no damage but then bam half health and an attack bonus gone. It can kinda sting very easily.