**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fast v Slow fights

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
I have only recently discovered that I can slow down the fights (i.e. tap or swipe a bit slower). :)

Is there something I can learn? When to fight faster or slower?
What is the benefit of each?

Comments

• LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    It works for certain fights.. Each champ fights differently, doodge back a few times and you will see the opponent take a few steps forward and stop, there is a frame where they begin their action, with lots of practice you can time out this frame and hit before their action.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Slower fights can help for evade champs.
    Classic Spidey evades a lot, so if you do your combos slow, you'll have more time to react and dodge an intercept from Spidey.
    If you have True Strike, you can go as fast as you want.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Slower fights can help for evade champs.

Classic Spidey evades a lot, so if you do your combos slow, you'll have more time to react and dodge an intercept from Spidey.

If you have True Strike, you can go as fast as you want.

Have been testing it many times against Spideys. Slowing down the combo is really reducing the evades. But this is just on arena.

I will try more in AQ/AW.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Slowing a fight often works best when you need to time a hit like if you are fighting void, or if you are using a champ with passive damage that doesn’t expire quickly like void or omega, play fast in fights you want to finish quick like collector (couldn’t think of another example off the top of my head)
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Fighting slow helps against bane nodes.
    Bane does direct damage on the opponent. Once the timer runs out, the Bane will transfer to you. You will take damage unless you hit the opponent again.
  • Fighting slow helps against bane nodes.
    Bane does direct damage on the opponent. Once the timer runs out, the Bane will transfer to you. You will take damage unless you hit the opponent again.

Yup, Bane is a node where you want to be very aware of the timing of your combos. There may be times where Bane would transfer to you and damage you while you wait to be able to hit your opponent. However, if you slowed down and stretched out the timing on your combo you may be able to time it out to be hitting your opponent as it transfers to you, transferring it right back to them.

I will also sometimes change up the timing of my combos when fighting Quake if I know her Aftershock is about to activate, that way i can be in the middle of a Special Attack when it goes off and won't be able to be Stunned by it.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I am getting a hang fighting evade champs but Spider-Gwen's mechanics is a little different.

Slowing the fight is not helping as much. Any tips on how to manage the fight better?