**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drop A Tier In AW After A Win [Merged Threads]

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Had that issue as well. Tier 3 map, tier 3 multiplier but shows “Tier 4”. I’m guessing it’s a bug. :D

War ended but we got tier 4 multiplier while playing on tier 3 map. And although we lost, we are in Tier 3. Something is wrong...
  • BicskamaxiBicskamaxi Posts: 5
    edited March 2019

We have a same issue. We were in t8 the first war in the season. We won. We didnt got season point. We started the next fight in tier7 but got season point with t8 multiplier for win. And now we are in tier7 again. How???

And now. We are in tier6 with good multiplier in the season window but show tier7 with wrong multiplier in the war room.

Why so hard solving that issue??
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★

Got another wonky AW rewards/map match-up for the 3rd time in last 4 wars today.

We are getting T4 rewards but on the expert T1-T3 map. Also, the +/- is exactly the same, we get 49 points for the win and lose 49 points for the loss.... The other team has a higher AW rating so we should be getting more points for the win and less points deducted for a loss.
  • mad410mad410 Posts: 39
    edited March 2019
    Update, we got matched with 🤬 that started new ally for lowered difficulty
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello all,

Thank you for this information. We've passed it on and are looking into what could be the issue here now.
  • KhalDJKhalDJ Posts: 27
    edited March 2019
    So as we all know, the first war of the season was bugged in that it did not grant a win bonus, nor count points towards the season. But for those of you on the cusp between tiers, did you notice that the 2nd war did not grant a correct multiplier?

I've been going back and forth with Kabam Support on this and they've been less than helpful, with contradictory statements. Basically, for the 2nd war, we were 2488 rated, and our opponents were 2473. Our Season tab stated we were Tier 3 with a 5.5 Multiplier, although our War Room tab said we were T4, but also a 5.5 Multiplier. Strange right? Both places showed 5.5 so we didn't think anything of it at the time, especially since we were playing on a T3 map.

After the war, I noticed our points were calculated with a 4.5 multiplier. We chatted with the other alliance, and confirmed they were granted 5.5. I understand there has been discussion in the past where a lower alliance matches with a higher one, and the multipliers are granted based on their tier at the time or whatever, but this was a case of our lower rated opponents being given a higher multiplier.

This point was never addressed in my correspondence with Kabam Support. They kept going back and forth about how the War Room shows our opponents tier and we are actually in Tier 4 with a 4.5...which also does not make sense to me, because why would your war room show your opponent's tier and not your own?! I specifically asked them what war tier we are in now (3rd war of the season) and despite our War Room showing T3, this is what Kabam Support had to say. Does anyone else find this alarming that supposedly, your war room does not show your real tier? What the...?

I'm reaching out to the community here to see if anyone else has experienced this issue, and see if we can get some traction on this. It is possible that the issues with the first war carried over to incorrect updates of the tier as well. If so, we'd like to request that the team look at this and appropriately adjust everyone's points for the correct tier and multiplier we played in.

Thanks!
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • DbhudiDbhudi Posts: 13
    Makes no sense how an alliance with a lower rating was in a higher tier with a higher multiplier. Hopefully we get a more clear answer here.
  • So essentially a higher tiered alliance gets penalized for matching against a lower war rated opponent by giving the lower rated alliance a higher multiplier than the higher rated alliance for playing the same map? That is definitely a disconnect. I thought the new matchmaking system was supposed to fix a lot of these issues. If all things are relatively equal as far as difficulty of the nodes, and node types each alliance is facing, the same multiplier should be granted for both alliances. If there are tiers within tiers then that should be spelled out as well.
  • DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    Just noticed in our current war both us and our opponent are in Tier 4, yet we are fighting on an Expert map... so we play Tier 3 yet get a Tier 4 multiplier... is this a bug?

• MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    Placement phase in AW started. It says tier 3 and the map has tier 3 nodes but the multiplier shown says 4.5 instead of 5.5
    What’s up with this?
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    This happened to us in the offseason won a war and dropped from tier 5/6
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Earlier in the season we moved from t7 to t6 and then our next war was t7 multiplier. our opponent was t6 so it makes no sense
    Just now we moved from t6 to t5 but our war is t6 multiplier and map. our opponent is t5 so it makes no sense
    both of these incorrect matchups have been the war directly after climbing a tier.
    i believe there is an error in the way which enlistment and matchmaking is working that is causing this

it seems to me that we won the war and we moved up to T5 however because the war ended and enlistment starts straight away we have been enlisted in t6 as there has been no chance for the system to update and catch up to our correct ranking.
    probably due to the fact that when we enlisted we were T6. same as how a member recruited after you enlist cannot participate. however we do not have a chance to un-enlist and the re-enlist.

we enlist in war. we are locked with our current members and in t6.
    we win. we move to t5.
    we are still enlisted as a t6.
    matchmaking starts and we match based on war rating ad wat not but are still marked as t6.

see below for screenshots to explain what i mean.
    edited March 2019
    This is the war directly after we moved from t7 to t6.
    as you can see it shows us t6.
    then there is a mix up tier and multiplier display in war room.
    our opponent is also t6
    at the end we get t7 rewards and multiplier.
    we are both t6 but we get rewarded t7.

we had enlisted whilst we were t7.
    but then won and moved to t6.
    but our war still happens at t7

This is our current directly after we moved from t6 to t5.
    as you can see it shows us t5
    then there is a mix up tier and multiplier display in war room.
    our opponent is also t5
    at the end we will most likely get t6 rewards and multiplier.
    we are both t5 but likely we will get rewarded t6.

we had enlisted whilst we were t6.
    but then won and moved to t5.
    but our war still happens at t6.

This is a really big issue greatly affecting our season score potential.
    previosu post on this have been ignored.

but now not only do i have plenty of evidence to show it i also have highlighted the potential cause.

i believe it is a bug in enlistment. the same that causes issues with recruiting members.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious
    please someone needs to look at this and address it as it is a big concern
    as per chat with our opponent it can be seen that they are indeed t5.
    so if we are both t5,
    then how is the war happening at t6 map?

• rambinorambino Posts: 1
    We have the exact same issue. Opened a ticket but got the usual it’s working as intended response. Shows tier 6 but lists the tier 5 multiplier of 4 vs 3.4 for tier 6. Season tab lists tier 5. This has been happening the entire season 8 of war.

• Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Looks like a visual bug mate. It says tier 7 but the multiplier is 3.4 which is tier 6. My alliance is having the same issue in our current war, moved up to tier 7 last time out but are fighting this war in tier 8.. thought next to the tier it has a 3.2 multiplier meaning it’s tier 7 points
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    We had the same issue
    edited March 2019

Looks like a visual bug mate. It says tier 7 but the multiplier is 3.4 which is tier 6. My alliance is having the same issue in our current war, moved up to tier 7 last time out but are fighting this war in tier 8.. thought next to the tier it has a 3.2 multiplier meaning it’s tier 7 points

no its more than a visual bug. as you can see by the first lot of screenshots.
    we are indeed t6 as was our opponent.
    yet even at the conclusion of the war we were rewarded as t7 war.

our current war rating and our opponents war rating is that of t5 alliances.
    but we are fighting on the t6 map with no sub mini bosses.
    MaatMan said:

Yeah apologies missed that. A little concerned as well then as this is currently the issue with us as well

MaatMan said:

Yeah apologies missed that. A little concerned as well then as this is currently the issue with us as well
    no problem.
    we have already been givin wrong multiplier once 3.2 instead of 3.4 this season
    but now it looks like it is happeneing again but this time 3.4 v 4. big difference.

it looks like this hapens when one of the two alliances fighting has shifted tier as a result of the previous war.
    really seems to be a bug with enlistment
    it this is affecting alliances when moving up tiers like us.
    we are supposed to be getting multiplier 4 right now when we will be getting only multiplier 3.4

how many alliances are gaining an unfair advantage after a loss when moving down tiers?
    dropped down to t6 but still getting the t5 multiplier?

think about how many alliances could be getting affected either way.
    how many alliances are earning less season points than they should?
    how many alliances are earning more season points than they should?
    how many alliances are therefore goin to end up in either a bracket higher or bracket lower than where they belong??
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Yeah. Got that too for my alliance.

Told them to chill and go itemless for this season and let Kabam sort it out. 😂