• New PI 4471
  • Base Special Attack Damage Increased

-Special 2 Old Damage: 100% of attack rating

New Damage: 150% of attack rating

-Special 3 Old Damage: 210% of attack rating

New Damage: 360% of attack rating

Abilities Breakdown

Light Attacks

• 30% chance to gain a Fury Buff, granting +304 Attack for 9 seconds.

Medium Attacks

• 30% chance to gain a Cruelty Buff, granting +222 Critical Damage Rating.

Fury & Cruelty Buffs

• Gamora’s personal Fury & Cruelty Buffs gain +5% duration for every 5 seconds that have passed during the fight to a max of +60% duration.

Heavy Attacks

• Refreshes the duration of personal Cruelty and Fury Buffs.

Special 1

• This attack has 100% Critical Hit Chance.
  • 100% chance to inflict Bleed dealing 1216 direct damage over 5 seconds.

Special 2

• This attack has 100% Critical Hit Chance.
  • 80% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying 667 Armor Rating reduction for 14 seconds.

Special 3

• 100% chance to gain a True Strike Buff, allowing attacks to ignore Armor, Evasion, Auto-Block & Resistances for 11 seconds.

Signature Ability - Godslayer

• Gamora begins each fight with a Godslayer Strike ready. Each Special Attack has a 100% chance to activate the Strike.
  • Once used, the Strike must cool down for 30 seconds.
  • Special 1: +600% Critical Damage Multiplier.
  • Special 2: Armor Break Debuffs during this attack gain +65% Potency, +100% duration and +150% Ability Accuracy.
  • Special 3: Inflicts a Shock Debuff, dealing 2432 Energy Damage over 10 seconds. Double damage vs. Robots.

Synergies

Friends - Star-Lord, Storm, She-Hulk

• All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating

Teammates - Drax, Agent Venom

• All Champions gain +5% Perfect Block Chance.

Huntresses of the Contest - Angela, Guillotine

• Angela: +10% Fury and Precision Buff Potency.
  • Guillotine: 50% chance when striking a Bleeding opponent to gain a Soul Charge. Cool Down: 10 Seconds.
  • Gamora: +10% attack if at least 30 seconds have passed during the fight.
  • Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies

Sibling Rivalry - Nebula

• Nebula: First Special 1 or Special 2 each fight has 100% Critical Hit Chance.
  • Gamora: Robot opponents suffer -10% Ability Accuracy for each Cruelty Buff on Gamora.
  • Unique Synergy: Does not stack with duplicate synergies

Cybernetics Upgrade - Assault - Black Panther (CW), “Coming Soon” Champion

• +20% Fury & Cruelty Buff Potency.
  • Solo: Only affects this Champion and does not stack.

Cybernetics Upgrade - Tactics - Beast, Iron Man (IW)

• Godslayer Strike recharges 20% faster and Special Attacks gain +20% Attack.

Recommended Masteries

Precision

• While Gamora can increase her Critical Hit Damage frequently during the fight, she doesn’t actually have a way to increase her chance to score a Critical Hit. Grab this Mastery for more frequent damage spikes.

Assassin

• Gamora is designed to become more dangerous during later portions of the fight. This stacks very nicely with Assassin to allow Gamora to quickly finish off foes once the rest of her abilities and Buffs have had a chance to ramp up during the rest of the fight.

Strengths

More time = More Strength

• Gamora’s Cruelty and Fury Buffs gain increased duration throughout the fight, which means that refreshing her Buffs through the use of a Heavy Attack will become easier throughout the fight. The longer the fight goes on, the better Gamora will perform.

Greater Utility

• Gamora now has access to a few tools to strengthen her capabilities when fighting different Champions. Her new signature can tear apart Robots, while her new True Strike can grant her some limited reprieve when taking on difficult Auto-Block or Evade champions.

Weaknesses

Buff & Timing Reliant

• Much of Gamora’s strength is built into her ability to stack up multiple Fury and Cruelty Buffs. While fighting an opponent that can Nullify these Buffs quickly, or while fighting a Champion that can prevent you from landing those needed Heavy Attacks, Gamora will have a much harder time keeping her damage output high.

Developer Design Notes:

When it came to updating Gamora’s abilities, we had some goals that we were trying to hit.

Make her strong, but keep her simple

• Some experienced players in the Contest may remember that Gamora is a Champion that is often picked up early by newer players. This is still true today and we didn’t want to disrupt that by making Gamora difficult to learn and understand. With that in mind, we decided to focus on 2 central mechanics (which I’ll talk about below) that will help newer players learn about some of the games strategies while ensuring that experienced players see a more powerful return for skillful gameplay.

New Mechanics: Heavy Timing & Power-Over-Time

• In addition to updating Gamora to deal out more damage and have more utility, we also wanted to make her feel more like a Cosmic Champion. Since many Cosmic Champions will become stronger over time we wanted to add the new mechanic that causes Gamora’s Buffs to last longer the longer she’s in the fight. We also added the ability to refresh her Buffs with Heavy Attacks. This is to encourage new players to mix up their fighting styles to keep their damage output growing higher and higher during the fight (if they can land those tricky Heavy Attacks).

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I’m super jealous of those who have duped 6* Gamora.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,229 Guardian
    Does the cruelty buff on medium attacks last for 9 seconds also?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 3,068 ★★★★★
    When is the full update patch notes with specific details coming out?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,599 ★★★★
    Does this work only for duped?
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

I'm curious as to who that coming soon Champion is... anyone want to venture a guess?
  • TRONG94TRONG94 Posts: 285 ★★
    I cant help thinking she is gonna hit even harder than duped Medusa after the update
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 105
    Can't wait to try my duped 6* out.
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    @Raymundo86 Those silver stars look beautiful on her, you must be thrilled now! :)
  • Raymundo86Raymundo86 Posts: 359 ★★
    I really like the IMIW synergy, pair that with cap iw and that sounds sweet.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 760 ★★★

MCOC Team said:

I'm curious as to who that coming soon Champion is... anyone want to venture a guess?
    Dr Doom.
  • Raymundo86Raymundo86 Posts: 359 ★★

MCOC Team said:

Dr Doom.
    That was my best guess as well
  • mbracembrace Posts: 80
    It seems like she will hit harder than most champs...
  • ArknightArknight Posts: 15
    Please also share 5* 5/65 PI for Gamora Gwen and she hulk.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 967 ★★★
    I hope we can get an arena run of Gamora and the others that were updated. Still haven't gotten Gamora yet!
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 527 ★★
    i have an unduped one can't waitto dupe her now she's worth it
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 1,110 ★★★★

Maybe consider reading?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,599 ★★★★

Do you even bother reading the description?
    Sometimes a dupe isnt required for a champ to be good.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 618 ★★★
    Error. What's the duration for her Cruelty buff? There's no mentioning it
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427

Do you even bother reading the description?
    Sometimes a dupe isnt required for a champ to be good.
    I stand by my question. Your guess is as good as ours at this point. Just read the description for now or wait until reviews come out.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 181
    I dig it. She's going to be a damage queen
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 273
    so she does not cause bleeding anymore?
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 523 ★★★
    Any chance she's coming out as a 5*?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 4,447 ★★★★

so she does not cause bleeding anymore?

Special 1

This attack has 100% Critical Hit Chance.
    100% chance to inflict Bleed dealing 1216 direct damage over 5 seconds.
  • SeatinSeatin Posts: 35 ★★
    Question: Is there any cap to the Fury & Cruelty Gamora can achieve? - Cheers
  • StarlordisWickedStarlordisWicked Posts: 216
    Good job. I think she will be a Demi-God again for the first time since pre 12.0. Medusa is still going to be significantly more desirable because of her armor break, auto lock and robot accuracy reduction, but she should do a lot of damage and actually be usable.

And actually, we won’t know until we test the damage. She might be a legit LOL option now. That would’ve be excit8ng for those of you with 6 star versions....
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Good job. I think she will be a Demi-God again for the first time since pre 12.0. Medusa is still going to be significantly more desirable because of her armor break, auto lock and robot accuracy reduction, but she should do a lot of damage and actually be usable.

And actually, we won’t know until we test the damage. She might be a legit LOL option now. That would’ve be excit8ng for those of you with 6 star versions....

She will have to use a heavy attack to refresh her buffs. That is a tough feat to achieve consistently in LOL without infinite parry options.
  • Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    Will Gamora be available as a 5* now? No point of this buff if eveyone else that wasn't lucky enough to pull a 6* gamora will be stuck with a 4* version
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,054 ★★★★
    edited March 5
    Awesome work on the update. Thanks for the effort!
    MCOC Team said:

Stat Changes

This looks really interesting. Does it affect the Fury buffs that BPCW gets from his Killmonger synergy?