• Critical Damage Rating Increased
    • Old Critical Damage Multiplier 2.0x
    • New Critical Damage Multiplier 2.1x
  • PI Increased
    • Old PI      4060
    • New PI      4410

Abilities Breakdown

Spider-Sense

• Spider-Gwen begins each fight with 1 charge of Spider-Sense active. Each charge grants +182 Attack Rating and a 7% chance to Evade all incoming attacks. Max: 5 charges.
  • If fighting a Champion of the Superior Class, begin the fight with an additional 3 Spider-Sense charges.
  • When struck 5 times, gain 1 Spider-Sense charge.
  • 100% chance when struck by an opponent with a True Strike Buff to Nullify that Buff and gain a Spider-Sense charge.

Evade Effects

• +550% Evade Ability Accuracy vs. Unblockable Special Attacks
  • While Blocking, this Champion will not attempt to Evade.

Heavy Attacks

• Causes a Slow Debuff on the opponent for 15 seconds, reducing the Ability Accuracy of their Unstoppable and Evade effects by 100%. Opponents with a natural Class Advantage cannot be Slowed.

Evade an Attack or Land a Combo-Ending Attack

• Active Hunter-Spider and Trap-Spider effects have their effect duration paused for 0.5 seconds. During Special Attacks, these effects are also paused for the full duration of the attack.

Special 1

• 100% chance to gain a Passive Trap-Spider effect for 10 seconds. This grants +150 Critical Damage Rating and allows attacks a 30% chance to Enervate the opponent, preventing them from gaining Power when struck for 5 seconds.
  • Gain 1 Spider-Sense charge after activating this attack.

Special 2

• 100% chance to Paralyze the opponent for 4 seconds, Stunning them and reducing their Power and Health gains by 80%.

Developer Note: Once her signature ability is unlocked, Spider-Gwen can start using this Debuff to invert Healing effects. Works quite well against Magik’s Limbo to turn it into direct damage.

Special 3

• 100% chance to gain a Passive Hunter-Spider effect for 18 seconds, causing each attack to deal a burst of extra Physical Damage equal to 55% of Spider-Gwen’s attack damage dealt.

Signature Ability - Web Warrior

• With greater experience in the Contest, Spider-Gwen learns to do whatever a spider can and gains the following ability improvements:
  • Slow Debuff lasts 2.5 seconds longer.
  • +105 Critical Damage Rating for each Spider-Sense charge.
  • Paralyze reduces Power & Health gains by an extra +60%.
  • +40% Hunter-Spider and Trap-Spider ability duration.

Synergies

Gwenom Rising - Venom, Carnage, Venom the Duck, Symbiote Supreme

• Gwen’s Spider-Sense charges are evolved, reducing their Evade chance by half. They also now grant an additional +10% Attack rating each and their max cap is raised by 1.

Developer Note: This synergy is somewhat unique in that it has a slight drawback to counteract its high damage potential. Without the synergy, the max evade chance is 25%. With the Synergy, she trades 10% Evade chance to get a whopping +60% attack in return.

Enemies - Daredevil (Classic), Rhino

• +155 Critical Rating.

Enemies - Red Hulk, Thanos, Ultron

• +155 Critical Rating

Rivals - Punisher

• +115 Critical Damage Rating

Romance - Spider-Man

• +5% Power Gain

Recommended Masteries

Petrify

• The effects of Petrify actually stack on top of Spider-Gwen’s existing Paralyze Stun effects. Combine this with her signature ability and your Paralyze Debuffs will quickly start to reverse your opponent’s healing effects into degeneration effects as well as power lock them.

Glass Cannon

• With a much heavier focus on Evade than on damage reduction, Spider-Gwen works well with Glass Cannon as she is less reliant on her Health pool, and the increased attack rating benefits her new Hunter Spider ability very well.

Strengths

Unblockable Special Attacks

• Spider-Gwen gets a massive increase to her Evade chance whenever she’s faced with an Unblockable Special Attack. This makes her very well suited to counter tough boss nodes that feature tricky special attacks that are difficult to use Dexterity against.

Parry or Dexterity

• Unlike other champions with Evade, Spider-Gwen will not attempt to Evade while she is in her Blocking animation. This means that skilled Summoners have the freedom to decide when to use Evade, Dexterity or Parry.

Strong vs. Unstoppable

• With her new Slow Debuff, Spider-Gwen is now suited to deal with Champions that might rely on Unstoppable effects. Just make sure to apply the effect before the Unstoppable tries to activate.

Weaknesses

Evasive, but not tough

• While Spider-Gwen has seen a slight increase in her physical resistance, she still has a smaller than average health pool and fairly low defenses. As a result, if she finds herself without access to her Evade ability, she will often have a hard time staying in the fight for a long period of time.

Development Design Notes

When it came to updating Spider-Gwen’s abilities, we had several goals that we were trying to hit.

Give Spider-Gwen a specific place in the Meta with a strong focus on Class Relationships

• For this goal, we designed the Spider-Sense charges to work well against Unblockable attacks and Superior Class Champions, two mechanics that don’t have many counters in the game. We also added the new Slow Debuff to counter Mystic Champions with the Unstoppable ability as well as the Paralyze Debuff to assist with short regeneration effects like Magik’s Limbo. We’ve also made her Trap Spider and Hunter Spider abilities Passive effects to make them immune to the Nullify mechanics of Mystic Champions.

Make her more interesting to fight with

• We’ve added more timing and decision-based mechanics to Spider-Gwen’s kit. With her Heavy Attack to Slow the opponent, skilled Summoners can now deal with Unstoppable Champions and Evade mechanics. Additionally, timing her Special 3 and Special 1 abilities with frequent Combo-Ending attacks can provide a high level of damage output while denying the opponent most of their power gain.

Bring her abilities more inline with other Spider-Verse Champions

• While it’s important for each Spider-Verse Champion to feel unique and have their own ability kit, we also want to make sure that, whenever possible, Champions with similar background or lore will have similar mechanics. Spider-Gwen now has similar Evade mechanics to her counterparts, and is now countered by many of the same Champions that are used to counter Spider-Man (Classic) or Spider-Man (Miles Morales).
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Question:- Does she need a high sig lvl to reverse healing? i know it was like that in the beta but did they change it cause they have not said high sig lvl is needed tho.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,261
    Can we get the PI for 5* as well?
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,098
    Im gonna miss those Armor Breaks... :'(
  • TRONG94TRONG94 Posts: 30
    So, SG doesnt take any damage at all if getting struck by unblockable sp attacks without doing anything. This is so great
  • @Kabam Miike 5* stats??
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 697
    Is duped a requirement?
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 428

Is duped a requirement?

Looks like it helps.

Signature Ability - Web Warrior

With greater experience in the Contest, Spider-Gwen learns to do whatever a spider can and gains the following ability improvements:
    Slow Debuff lasts 2.5 seconds longer.
    +105 Critical Damage Rating for each Spider-Sense charge.
    Paralyze reduces Power & Health gains by an extra +60%.
    +40% Hunter-Spider and Trap-Spider ability duration.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 481
    Is it possible to lose spider sense charges?
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 62
    For the unblockable special attacks that have both blockable/unblockable hits, does the damage reduction apply to all hits of the special or only the hits that are unblockable?
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 120
    How does this compare to beta version?
  • Math is off here.

"7% chance to Evade all incoming attacks per charge"

while developer note under "Gwenom Rising" synergy states "Without the synergy, the max evade chance is 25%".. It should be 35%...

@Kabam Miike

Thanks
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 31
    Did the five star version also get a PI increase or only for the 4 star version?
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 219
    Do spider sense charges get removed like miles' charges do when he evades?
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,149
    I'm excited! Spidergwen may be my next r4 :)
  • GmonkeyGmonkey Posts: 306
    What changed from the beta?
  • Math is off here.

"7% chance to Evade all incoming attacks per charge"

while developer note under "Gwenom Rising" synergy states "Without the synergy, the max evade chance is 25%".. It should be 35%...

@Kabam Miike

Thanks

I see what happened here. I need to confirm that the Synergy still works this way, but that "7% Chance to evade all incoming Attacks per charge" was bumped up from 5% per charge after the Beta Test.

Looks slightly better now... above is the description in beta
  • Frankmcoc said:

The changes were all bumps to some of her numbers. The chance to Evade per Spider-Sense charge increased from 5% to 7%. The duration of her Trap-Spider effect from SP1 increased from 8 to 10 Seconds. The duration of her Hunter-Spider effect from her SP3 increased from 15 to 18 Seconds.

Frankmcoc said:

The changes were all bumps to some of her numbers. The chance to Evade per Spider-Sense charge increased from 5% to 7%. The duration of her Trap-Spider effect from SP1 increased from 8 to 10 Seconds. The duration of her Hunter-Spider effect from her SP3 increased from 15 to 18 Seconds.

What is the attack rating bump per spider sense charge on a r5 5*?
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 428

Frankmcoc said:

@Kabam Miike Do you have a preference between Spider-Gwen and She-Hulk?
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 520

Can we get this baked into every champ that has an auto evade? I hate using a champ that has auto evade and it activates mid combo and causes me to get hit
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 2,611
    “If fighting a Champion of the Superior Class, begin the fight with an additional 3 Spider-Sense charges.“

Maybe I’m misunderstanding this, but it reads to me that if you face a skill champ, you gain 3 extra charges, starting the fight with 4. Currently this does not work as I just tried against WS. Am I correct in assuming SG should start the fight with 4 charges when facing a skill or universal class champion?
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    Im guessing this goes live with the update tomorrow.
    edited March 6
    The update is out on play store now
  • angelkromangelkrom Posts: 19
    A champion buff hasnt been this good since luke cage
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 6,460
    edited March 6
    V1PER1987 said:

“If fighting a Champion of the Superior Class, begin the fight with an additional 3 Spider-Sense charges.“

Maybe I’m misunderstanding this, but it reads to me that if you face a skill champ, you gain 3 extra charges, starting the fight with 4. Currently this does not work as I just tried against WS. Am I correct in assuming SG should start the fight with 4 charges when facing a skill or universal class champion?

I interpreted "Superior Class" champions as those "have advantage against everyone" guys, due to this part of the spotlight:
    For this goal, we designed the Spider-Sense charges to work well against Unblockable attacks and Superior Class Champions, two mechanics that don’t have many counters in the game.
    I don't think that sentence makes as much sense if we interpret "superior class" to mean "the class that has class advantage against Spider-Gwen."
    They removed her taking no damage from unblockable attacks as well as 550% increased ability to evade sp attacks after getting hit by it in the live update
    Not taking damage from unblockable specials not functioning in game ....not in in game description

@Frankmcoc, is her evasion much annoying to fight against? Because at 5 stacks, she has 35% chance to dodge all attacks, much higher than Nightcrawler's in evading mode.
    edited March 6
    Ehh didn’t really notice... or test that yet....if ur fighting her she would have to get hit a bunch to get there