**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gather Intel in Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives

Comments

• Ganui01Ganui01 Posts: 3
    edited March 2019

He’s a villain and not part of the X-Men or X-Force teams.

So he is metal but no robot, mutant but no X-men nor xforce... nice tag!
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Some pretty big names left out of this event:
    Angela (Guardian?)
    Blade (Merc?)
    Voodoo
    Corvus
    Ghost
    Ghostrider
    Guilly
    Hela
    Hood
    Hype
    Killmonger (Merc?)
    Kingpin
    Korg
    Medusa
    Morningstar
    Punisher
    Quake
    Red Hulk
    Void
    Wasp

For me, this means 7 out of my top 11 champs are left on the bench. Will be using a bunch of 4/40, 3/45, and 5/50 champs for this one...
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I must say, I'm quite curious as to what the difficulty will be for these quests. While I'm not against champion requirements and think they're a good idea, first glance has me a little disheartened about this one.

It's kind of a bummer that kabam seems to be purposely force benching certain champs. Yes I know there are going to be those 'if you cant clear content without x champ youre no good' etc etc.. But, these arguments go both ways. Everyone who doesn't have x champ complains about not having one, and if they got one, would instantly put resources into them. So for those players who do have certain champions and have put resources into them, to have them forcibly benched for new content is a bummer. I didn't sink 4 t5 basic into Dr voodoo and Killmonger so they could benchwarm when new events come out.

Another issue I have with this is how little warning there is before learning we need certain champs. Sure, I realize not all requirements are in week 1 but with how long it takes to amass the resources (gold, iso, catalysts) to get champs to a usable level (again this might depend on the difficulty of the quests) is frustrating. Especially when after this event, a lot of new rank ups are probably just gonna sit on the bench again anyways.

I don't want too sound too negative here, and who knows maybe when the event comes out it will be a fairly easy event and I'll be eating my words. Just my initial thoughts.
    ^^^ Agreed. Forced roster changes from month to month require a level of flexibility in the game that the players simply do not have.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

^^^ Agreed. Forced roster changes from month to month require a level of flexibility in the game that the players simply do not have.

Get good with more champs. I love this type.of content that forces players outside their comfort zones
    I agree this challenge sounds fun. I like the concept of using a variety of champions and not just face roll the content.
    I do agree learning to use more champs can be fun. However, due to limited resources we have to become "extra good" because these lesser-used champs are also lower ranks. There simply is not enough resources to rank enough 5* champs to handle this level of diversity.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★

Drooped2 said:

Get good with more champs. I love this type.of content that forces players outside their comfort zones
    I agree this challenge sounds fun. I like the concept of using a variety of champions and not just face roll the content.
    I don't disagree; I just prefer it when this is limited to certain star levels. Difficult content, but doable if you didn't sell all your 2 and 3*. Epic though it's intended to be tougher content. You can do it with 5/50s but that guy who had a Sparky and Domino at 5r5 will have an easier time than the Blade and Corvus guy. It's just seems less fair. Class or star lvl just seems fairer.

• Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I need to stock up on popcorn for all the forum posts over the next week.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Can we get an idea on energy costs?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

You salt your popcorn with forum tears?
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

You salt your popcorn with forum tears?
    There will be enough for everyone's popcorn!
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    Is it just one champ of the tag required on the team or enitre team should have the tag? E.g. in week 1 whole team should be of GoG and Avengers or only captain America + any other random 4 champ from my roaster will work?

Not clear to me.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Week 3 my 5/65 venom the duck is gonna wreck it 😂🤷‍♂️

Edit: I guess my 5/65 starky will also be good for it.
  • ManchaSolarManchaSolar Posts: 3
    ❎🤝🏻🌟💫
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

“Classic” CM...

...doesn’t fall under Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, nor is she X-Men and X-Force, nor Spider-verse Heroes, Sinister Six, and Symbiote, nor Mercenaries and Robots.

Should I file this under the heading of “Significant Oversight”?

Dr. Zola

Because she is none of those things.
    Right. She’s just a supporting character in the Nick Fury movie coming out this month. Got it.

Dr. Zola
    Your point? It’s not her event.

I’m confident my point is abundantly clear.

If it’s a Nick event alone, then perhaps you’d like to elucidate why S.H.I.E.L.D. hashtag champs aren’t included?

Dr. Zola

Nick Fury doesn't need intel on his own Team. He knows everything he needs to know about each and every person in SHIELD.
    You know I was actually thinking about this comment and can’t the same be said about the Avengers since he was the one who assembled the team? Why would he need intel on the Avengers since he already knows everything he needs to know about them?
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    if you become uncollected during the event will the grandmaster crystals option open up?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

“Classic” CM...

...doesn’t fall under Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, nor is she X-Men and X-Force, nor Spider-verse Heroes, Sinister Six, and Symbiote, nor Mercenaries and Robots.

Dr. Zola

Right. She’s just a supporting character in the Nick Fury movie coming out this month. Got it.

Dr. Zola

If it’s a Nick event alone, then perhaps you’d like to elucidate why S.H.I.E.L.D. hashtag champs aren’t included?

Dr. Zola

Nick Fury doesn't need intel on his own Team. He knows everything he needs to know about each and every person in SHIELD.
    You know I was actually thinking about this comment and can’t the same be said about the Avengers since he was the one who assembled the team? Why would he need intel on the Avengers since he already knows everything he needs to know about them?
    Burn @Kabam Miike
  • OshieOshie Posts: 28
    This forces me to level up a few guys......really didnt want to break into my gold reserve that I've been saving up to get my 5* Corvus and GP to rank 4....
  • OshieOshie Posts: 28
    No chance I can do Master difficulty all 4 weeks either.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

“Classic” CM...

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

He assembled them, but he didn't control them. In the MCU, Fury was actually gathering intel on potential Avengers like Tony Stark and Bruce Banner.

The fact that he thought he knew enough about SHIELD itself is basically the plot point of The Winter Soldier.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    @Kabam Miike hi boss, any clarification on whether we are supposed to see and claim the first intel calendar reward today?

I've updated my game and restarted. Android, Smasung Note 9 and I got the new loading screens, announcement, etc but no intel calendar
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    I personally love the idea of champ requirements.

It bot only give reason to use more than you top champs,
    It allows those without the god tier to compete evenly and maybe gain an edge over those who rely on corvus crutch.

Obviously i love week 1 as i have soon to be 5/65 CAIW.

Got 4/55 AA , Magik and 3/45 rogue and iceman for week 2

Week 3 will be tougher
    I have none above 4/40 or 2/35.
    May need to rank my venom and gg and spidey

Week 4 is a chance for my 4/55 elektra to shine. Maybe need to make another rank up or two so she can have some help

I think more of these events should happen
    edited March 2019
    Crushtest said:

For those who like pics :-)

Why is there an IP in week 3?
    A quick question
    Is Iron Patriot part of week 3? Just checked and he has Sinister six tag but doesn't show up in the list posted by @Kabam Miike
  • A quick question
    Is Iron Patriot part of week 3? Just checked and he has Sinister six tag but doesn't show up in the list posted by @Kabam Miike

He is! He's on the list. Hiding with his other Sinister Six friends.