**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Answer the Captain’s Call. Take on Captain Marvel’s Combat Clash!

15678911»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    In any event, I said what I thought so I don't have to press it. The bottom line with me is, if the AI is altered too much, you run the risk of complicating it exponentially and it becomes more infuriating than challenging. Almost discouraging. When the computer won't allow you to respond in any reasonable way, and you keep trying over and over with the same results, different Champs different play styles, it's not fun at all. I'm a proponent of keeping the AI at consistent limits and focusing on Champs and Nodes, I suppose that's just where I stand. Not that I want it to just stand there, but my God. It's been noticed in War, AQ, Events, etc. Not just by me. It feels like adapt meets ambush.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

Not when it's sped up beyond what your controls can respond to. That's not adaptive. That's overkill. I'm not talking about the difference between Easy and Hard AI. I'm talking overboard. Overly-aggressive means overly-aggressive. I've been playing for over 3 years. I know patterns in the game. At what point is it taken too far? This whole push for more challenge on top of more challenge on top of more challenge is affecting the quality of game play. There is a line, and when the computer pummels you faster than you can Evade, whiffs your Combos mid-hit, chains a couple Combos together before you can even get out of the way, Blocks the moment you release a move, Evades spontaneously in the midst of getting hit, I could go on....
    Reaction times and speeds have increased beyond reasonable points. It's too far.

i cant say i experience what you are saying.
    what i can tell you is this.
    I play on an iphone 8 plus and any time i get clobbered by the AI i know where i have messed up. i know maybe i reacted too slow.

however.

when i jump onto my 2nd account on my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge its a whole different story. i feel like i can never parry in time, i struggle to dex.
    i mean to the point where the difference between the devices is insane.
    i make 9/10 parries i attempt on my iphone. and those i miss i still get a block.
    on my samsung i make maybe 3/10 if i am lucky and they almost always result in me getting comboed.
    it seems to me the biggest problem is INPUT LAG on android devices.
    i feel if you were able to play on a iphone 8plus your gameplay would improve a lot.
    I also feel it is not something you could understand until you can compare the difference side by side.
    I don't doubt that some of the issues are because of Android. I'm on an LG G6. Some of it has been the AI responding faster as well. Feels like it's just automatic response.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've never played on anything but an iphone but when you describe the AI it's like we are playing two different games @GroundedWisdom. Rogue was hard because of the nodes but I got better at fighting her with some practice. No issues with the AI.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

I don't doubt that some of the issues are because of Android. I'm on an LG G6. Some of it has been the AI responding faster as well. Feels like it's just automatic response.

do you know anyone that has an iphone 8? or X?
    if you do i strongly suggest you ask to borrow it even for 1hr just so you can see.
    the difference may suprise you.,
    you may realise that it i pretty much all the device.
    both visual lag and input lag creating seemingly impossible timing and responses.

not saying you are wrong because i cant see wat you are experiencing but this is really wat it seems like to me.
    android and iphone play like different games in my experience
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Do you all feel better now, or do you need to continue taking shots at me to bolster yourselves?
    The AI is intensely aggro. It's become more and more so over time. Blocks are immediate, their Combos are leading into each other, Evade can be sporadic and at will, a knee-jerk reaction. When you add that to Champs that have Abilities like Auto Block like IM, or disabling Parry like BW, or shrugging off Stun like Rogue, it's no longer just a challenge of the Champs on top of Nodes. It's one that's intensified by AI that is at a speed not normal to fair gameplay. Plus the incredible lag, freezing controls, and even 5th hits of Combos being dropped, even though I'm running a newer device with sufficient RAM, Processor, Graphics, and the latest Android Build, and you have an experience that's not just "up to the challenge". I've said it before, and I'll say it again. AI should NOT be sped up beyond what we can do, just to make it more of a challenge. That's not a fair challenge.
    If you want to sit and argue just because it's me with an issue, that's an incredible waste of time, but not something new on here so have at it. If you're going to demand proof or question whether or not it's happening, I can't be bothered. We're all playing the same game and regardless of whether you beat it or not, we all see what's happening. The AI has become more expedient and aggressive, and I'm not going to pretend it's all just a dream.

The aggressive ai makes it much easier trust me aspect of war with aggressive isn’t that bad but without it is quite annoying
    I don't think the degree of aggressiveness I'm communicating is getting across. I'm talking about AI that forces hits on you without being able to counter or avoid. I'm talking rapid fire, one after another, and you freeze there, or can't Evade fast enough because it's moving 3 times the speed you can. Honestly, if you knew what I was talking about, you wouldn't be arguing it's a good thing. Jacking up the speed of the AI to make it more challenging past the point of being able to avoid or counter is NOT okay. I don't care what reasoning is behind it. It lunges at you faster than you can move and you just get hit. I used to think it was the age of the device I'm using. Until I bought a newer device. Same deal. Honestly, the AI has changed so much that it's causing compatibility issues with Android, and if it's more of a priority to make it "more challenging" rather than have it play properly on all devices, then it should be taken off the Android market and played with iOS only. Either way, I'm sick of content playing for me.
    It makes any challenge that depends on precision movements like this just miserable. You get to a certain point that you can no longer play properly because the computer literally forces you to get hit by not being able to move as fast. I've swiped and tapped and watched the difference in speeds. It's just too much.
    I have an LG G6 with 4G RAM, Snapdragon 821, Android 8.0, and the latest Version. Shouldn't be like that.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

I have an LG G6 with 4G RAM, Snapdragon 821, Android 8.0, and the latest Version. Shouldn't be like that.

It actually sounds like your phone is running the game TOO well. I have a 2-year-old Samsung phone and a 2018 iPad, and I much prefer the phone to play on cause it's noticeably slower in fights. I find the iPad very twitchy to the point of distraction.